[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you think this is too expensive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (368KB, 2274x1346px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
368KB, 2274x1346px
do you think this is too expensive?
>>
You can get a water block custom milled for you for less than that 600$ price hike
My boss does custom shit like that sometimes with our HAAS vertical milling machine and charges like 150$ for basic stuff. Which a water block definitely is.
>>
>>56545995
I think

However, it won't stop /g/ faggots to buy it to display they minimulistic tiling wm arch desktops.
>>
>>56545995
Yeah i think so. Paid ~$900 for that.
>>
>>56546363
USD?
>>
>>56545995
Hello fellow brisfag
>>
>>56545995
Let's see...
1300 USD is ~1157 EUR.
We're not counting the Jewropean taxes, import costs, and whatever else causes the prices to be significantly higher over here than in the US, just the conversion rate.

Now let's take a look at Asus 1080 STRIX here in Europe. This is 800 EUR, or 898 USD. Add a full cover block from EKWB including a backplate on to this and we're up to around 890 EUR, or roughly 1000 USD, these being Jewropean prices.

So that Sea Hawk card is, in the US, 300 dollars more expensive than a 1080 STRIX plus water block and backplate would cost you in Europe. You could go on a weekend trip to some cheap location in Europe, do some sightseeing for a couple of days, buy your 1080 and water block, and go back to America, and have spent less money than you would on a 1080 Sea Hawk.

In conclusion, yes, it's too expensive.
>>
>>56546988
300 cant get you to europe...
>>
>>56547002
It might on those really cheap canceled plane tickets.
>>
>>56545995
>those blurry graphics
dear god
>>
I'm happy with my GTX950 that I got a year ago and see no reason to upgrade

>in b4 "fox and his grapes"

The last PC games that I was super excited to play were Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 and those games run on the GTX950 just fine (albeit not on max settings)
>>
>>56547067
Whatever works for you m8. I'm using a 144Hz monitor and the newer cards at least let take advantage of the refresh rate instead of being stuck at 60fps or below at highest settings.
>>
>>56545995
If it's Ausfailian dollars, no.
>>
>>56547464
it is. im in brisbane. im guessing you're from plebsville (victoria)
>>
>>56547489
No, I'm from America where electronics are cheap and heart disease is plentiful.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.