[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/spg/ - Smartphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 33

File: 1467315747153.png (763KB, 938x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467315747153.png
763KB, 938x720px
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
http://willmyphonework.net
http://frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

>News:
Samsung urges Note 7 users to switch off phones and turn them in
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-samsung-elec-smartphones-recall-idUSKCN11G0IX

Specs leak for Xiaomi Mi 5s: 6GB of LPDDR4 RAM, Snapdragon 821 SoC and 3490mAh battery
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Specs-leak-for-Xiaomi-Mi-5s-6GB-of-LPDDR4-RAM-Snapdragon-821-SoC-and-3490mAh-battery_id85291

HTC Nexus ‘Sailfish’ exclusive: new renders & 360-degree video
http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-nexus-sailfish-360-exclusive-715733/

Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) specs revealed on GFXBench
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-A3-2017-specs-revealed-on-GFXBench_id85279

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 review: Another budget winner
http://www.androidcentral.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-4-review

ASUS ZenFone 3 Deluxe, first Snapdragon 821 phone, now on sale
http://www.androidauthority.com/zenfone-3-deluxe-snapdragon-821-sale-715675/

Smartphone heat test: iPhone 6S+ v S7 Edge v HTC 10 v LG G5 v Nexus 6P v OnePlus 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yykkp7FNa54

old >>56531595
>>
First for V20
>>
sup spg
i want a phone with:
-good battery
-unlocked bootloader
-4.5 inch or more, preferably only 4.5
-cm support
-nice selfie camera
any ideas?
>>
Huawei Honor V8(NFC model) vs Huawei P9 vs HTC 10? I want the Honor V8, but the P9 seems to have more of an XDA presence, but the HTC 10 dwarfs both of them in terms of ROM development, and apparently custom ROMs are the only way to get a fucking vanilla Android UI with root and an SD card slot nowadays.

LG V20 looks interesting, but I think it'll be out of my price range.
>>
Hey /g/uys
So i live in Hungary which is a shithole... I read yesterday that the new iPhone is going to be the most expensive here... Almost 50% more than in the US...
I was thinking about waiting for the release maybe the prices dropped or something but nothing has happened yet...
What to do?
I was thinking about buying the SE any pros and cons?
>>
>>56545573
Dumb animoe poster.
>>
>>56545755
Pros: it's a phone
Cons: too many to comfortably note down.
>>
>>56545793
Stop this shit already. Makiposters are the ones you should be mad at; they are not representative of the whole.
>>
Is the Xiaomi Mi Max with SD652 worth it over the RN3P?
>>
>>56545755
If you're gonna get an iPhone, definitely go for the SE.
>>
>>56546028
Only if you have oversized ogre hands.
>>
>>56546042
Why? Isnt it too small tho? I currently have a phablet but im kinda tired of it not fitting in any of my pockets
>>
>Those Mi5s specs
Release fucking when?
>>
>>56546042
iShit 7 is only 4.7", that's small enough even for manlet hands.
>>
>>56545609
z3 compact or z5 compact in the future. Or x compact. Although the z5 and the x compact don't have official cm support yet.
>>
Does anyone have the HTC 10, I bought it day one but ever since I owned it Snapchat front and back camera pictures look ugly. Stock camera can do better, any ideas on how to fix it or a good rom that can?
>>
So, my Moto G LTE recently croaked and I'm on the market for some good Lelnovo-Motolola phones. Is there that much of a difference between Moto G3 and Moto G4? Like, $50 worth of difference? I've heard that the G4 was kind of a disappointment on that regard
>>
>>56546309
Snapchat for Android is a terribly coded app. It doesn't use the camera api, it just takes a screenshot, so photos always look shitty. Any Android phone or rom would produce similar results.
>>
>>56546309
Isn't Snapchat notoriously shit with Android phones? I don't use it because I moved abroad right when it blew up and never got into it and now I don't understand the point.
>>
>>56545573
Hey, I don't normally use games on Android and my schedule never allows it but I also want to buy a big screen phone that can do stuff pretty fast.

What I do mostly is opening PPT's, emailing stuff, quick editing on excel and word and slight gaming when I get the time and that would be either Asphalt 8 or Real Racing 3.

Is the Lenovo A7000(K3) a good phone according to my description above?

>8GB Internal Storage
>2GB RAM
>1.5 GHz Cortex something
>8MP rear and 5MP front

Oh yeah and it's 5.5 inch screen size

And it's in my budget which is at a reasonable price of $130
>>
what's the /spg/ recommended free mobile web browser? naked browser is 5,99€
>>
>>56547014
>MT6752m
>>8GB ROM
>$130
Horrible.
>>
>>56547014
Nope, get the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro or Redmi 3 Pro for slighltly less. Much better support and non-mediatek chipset. Mediatek is shit, avoid them at all costs.
>>
>>56547062
I use Tuga browser
>>
Greetings /spg/

I have an iPhone 6 Plus that's stricken with touch disease and I want a cheap android replacement while I send it in for repairs. I want to mod/rice it and be able to swap the SIM card between them. It would be nice if it was smaller than my 6+ and I don't mind it being old/used or chink phone.

Carrier: Verizon
Budget: $100-$200
Size: <5.5"
Features: Easy to mod/root/rom and nano SIM card slot
>>
>>56547275
old, readily available and very ricable: any Nexus you can afford or any OnePlus you can afford, also a bunch of Xperia devices have active crossdevelopment communities
chink: Redmeme note 3 pro
new and not chink: the moto g4 is underwhelming but will probably still get a lot of love on XDA
>>
>>56545573
Is a difference of 70 dpi is noticeable becayse the display of my m7 is the only thing I like about it anymore?
>470dpi 4.7" vs 400dpi at 5.5" both 1080p
>>
My new phone freezes every five seconds for about half a second. Running latest CM13 snapshot. Audio isn't affected. Anyone give me a hand?
>>
>>56546052
I realize the size would it make it unwieldy for single-handed use, but on the other hand the large size would make it easier to use for group presentations in a pinch. Just wondering if the slightly better processor and extra GB of RAM is worth the extra 100$~
>>
Should I upgrade my moto x pure to nougat when it's available or no
>>
Looking to buy a smartphone with a good camera and stereo front facing speakers.

I was going to get the OnePlus 3 or some other chink phone but the speaker, screen and lack of sd card slot really turned me off.

I would also prefer it to have the bootloader unlocked. I don't care about software since i usually root my phones, flash roms and rice them.

I was thinking of getting something by Sony since I also like their sleek designs accompanied by the specs.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>56547558
Not really, SD652 is just SD650 with 2 extra cores, other than multi threaded benchmarks you won't notice any difference in performance. so choose upon what size you prefer.

>>56547598
Axon 7 has the best DAC on a mobile phone by far now.

>>56547486
No.
>>
>>56547610
I'm currently using a Zenfone Go (which is complete and utter shit), which is why I'm choosing between the RN3P and the Mi Max...

How difficult would it be to adjust from a 5in screen to a 6.44in screen, you think?
>>
>>56547610
>>56547486
>No
Kay thanks
Uh I didn't word that well...

Ah and Sd810 vs 625 vs 650?
>>
>>56547680
I find 5"/5.2" to be the comfiest size to hold. 5.5" is OK and 6"+ devices IMO are way too big.

>>56547712
SD810 is faster in benchmarks but it's an overheating/throttling crap. SD650>SD625.
>>
Can someone post the /spg/ fall buyer's guide? Thanks.
>>
>>56547458
Those all sound like good choices but I don't think they can be used on Verizon?
>>
>>56547931
http://willmyphonework.net/ check yourself
>>
File: 1473522084464.png (57KB, 1900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1473522084464.png
57KB, 1900x1000px
>>56547929
Here you go senpai
>>
>>56547962
Thanks famalam
>>
>>56547063
>>56547065
Uhm...why is mediatek shit? Any reasons?
>>
>>56548135
retarded core displacement on their newer flagship chips (10 cores, 2 decent ones and 8 garbage ones), much more power hungry than equivalent snapdragon offerings, shit GPUs, but most importantly no support whatsoever. Whatever that chipset ships with, it's probably stuck with it. Android needs help from chipset makers for updates, and community support needs source codes. Mediatek always refuses to release both codes for all their chipsets, making them impossible to support. That's why most of the MT65** family is stuck on either 4.2 or 4.4 with no custom ROM support, for example.
>>
Is Chrome or Firefox gonna work better and more comfortably on my s7 edge?
>>
Is the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium any good? I like the camera button.
>>
>>56547737
Big enough to be awkward even for two handed use?
>>
OnePlus 3 or ZTE Axon 7?
>>
>>56548173
The stock browser is optimized for Exynos versions.

If you own a Snapdragon variant, Chrome or Firefox might be worth trying out.
>>
I have a nexus 6. Since I started going to university, I fucking hate having a ginormous phone. God damn not using a phone with 1 hand is inconvenient.
>>
>>56548259
I just got one at the beginning of the month. I am enjoying it a lot.

The camera button is nice, it has a noticeable half-press to focus, just like a point and shoot camera. Unfortunately, the button's placement is a bit awkward for normal phone use, your palm rests on it (and the volume button) when holding it in your right hand. When taking a shot in landscape mode the placement makes sense, though.

Fair warning: this phone has frozen on me twice already, and has had noticeable slowdown and stutter occasionally. My carrier installed a ton of shit though, so that might be why.

If anyone has advice on debloating I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>56548259
it's not bad, I guess if you like a big screen with the 4k gimmick then go for it.
>>
>>56548311
>>56548410
>>
>>56548429
How's low-light image quality and sound (speaker and headphone)?
>>
>>56548169
The fug source?
I'll give you the support thingy but that can differ from company to company.
I dunno man some mtk processors even got cyanogenmod, but the one case I know about has a 6753...
>>56548259
Shit battery life and who the fuck thinks 4k is a good idea on a phone when desktops can barely handle it?
>>
File: 1452292413066.jpg (35KB, 640x527px) Image search: [Google]
1452292413066.jpg
35KB, 640x527px
>>56545573
Guys I smashed and broke my LG G2 phone. I was pretty happy with it, I used it mostly to listen to podcasts, read shit, watch videos and maybe some light gambs.

What is a good alternative? I am looking towards a G3 or maybe a G4. I am not interested on the NEWEST SHINIEST generation.

What are the equivalent of G3 or G4 form other manufacturers?
>>
Jeez, the people here asking questions think the others are certified mobile technicians.
>>
>>56548169
Source is referring to the power hungry part. Multy core score of a helio x20 is better than a snapdragon 820 and the tri cluster is made to safe power...
>>
File: specs.png (38KB, 664x469px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
38KB, 664x469px
2 options:
>Get a flagship phone
>Get a redmeme and buy a GTX1060
I have a broken ZF2 right now that needs replacement.
>>
>>56548472
>Over the years, much has been made about MediaTek not being open to the development community and not adhering to the GPLv2 requirements with regards to the Linux kernel.
http://www.xda-developers.com/mediatek-developer-community-xdadevcon-14-sponsor/
>The Meizu Pro 6 definitely delivers on processing performance with its 10-core processor. It's nothing revolutionary and far from the best solution you can get on the market, but you will rarely feel any sort of difference. Hopefully the developers will be able to fully utilize its power in the upcoming months.
>The GPU is where the Pro 6 underperforms compared to the competition. Sure, the games will run smoothly most of the time, but bottlenecks are expected to occur sometimes. And while the heat isn't such an issue, the Pro 6 becomes rather warm under stress.
http://www.gsmarena.com/meizu_pro_6-review-1442p6.php

>>56548358
Oneplus 3 if you don't need a mSD slot
>>
File: DSC_0009.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0009.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>56548469
Haven't gotten the chance to do real low light, but here is a shot from a dim restaurant. I've heard to get the most out of the camera you may have to dip into manual mode, which I'm not sure I'll bother with.

I haven't tried headphones yet but the front-facing speakers are great. I've heard they aren't as loud as some other phones, but I think they are loud enough at least.

>>56548472
>shit battery life

Bullshit. It may not be as good as older Sony phones but it can definitely go all day. I upgraded from an iPhone and I'm thrilled with the battery performance.

As for 4k, it's obviously a gimmick that is only actually used in very limited circumstances.
>>
>>56548311
No, the thing is I have fairly large hands, and the nexus 6 is ALMOST usable with 1 hand. I just can't reach the really far corner, but it's usually where the god damn option buttons are, in the left upmost corner. It's a god damn tease when I like fidget around my phone to try to grab the stupid button with my thumb until I give up.

I just want a fucking note again, so when I use it with 2 hands, I use the stylus. I was using it all the time, and 5,3 inches was pretty usable with 1 hand anyways.

Also I got nexus 6 because I was like fuck custom roms. I am still using custom roms. I can't get away from them, they just offer so much more.
>>
>>56548490
Nexus 5X if you don't mind the below average battery life.

Otherwise Honor 5X or check the chart >>56547962
>>
I'm owning a s5 right now and I really hate it.
Was looking forward to buy the iphone 7 but I heard that the next one will be the "big thing" alot.
So how I'm searching for a phone that I'll keep a year and sell it after the iphone 8 releases.
Android is perfectly fine but it shouldnt be too expensive.
Is Oneplus 3 an option or should I just go for the 7 anyways
>>
>>56548618
Theres only so much things they can change for the iPhone 8. They will remove the home button and switch to an AMOLED screen. You should check for yourself if that's worth the wait.

Otherwise I'm a satisfied Oneplus owner so I can definitely recommend it.
>>
File: 1.jpg (27KB, 512x283px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
27KB, 512x283px
Anyone around here with a Honor 8?

Would love to hear some personal opinions about it.
>>
>>56548646
Why for gods sake does everyone want an amoled screen. The retina display is gorgeous. Sure they could improve to 1080p for the base model. But damn it's more than okay I guess.

I was in for the 7 plus. It's expensive but for me it was always worth the money.
Oneplus 3 looks really good for just a fraction of the price.
If I only knew how it performs in the long run and If theyll update soon enough
>>
File: nice.gif (16KB, 205x274px) Image search: [Google]
nice.gif
16KB, 205x274px
I need a cute, small and nice (5" or less) phone. Good enough to watch yt videos, browse 4chan, average camera quality, microsd slot, reliable (doesn't die in 3 months like my Ulefone Paris)
>>
>>56548259
I've had the headphone jack fail on mine. A friend who claims never to have dropped his had it crack whilst on charge. This was an issue with the z2 which seems to have not been resolved. Be careful if you go with the z5p anon
>>
>>56548805
Just buy an iPhone(tm) 7 branded phone. It's jack won't die!
>>
>>56548723
Z5c ?
>>
File: very nice.jpg (35KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
very nice.jpg
35KB, 570x570px
>>56548863
It looks neat. Thanks kind anon <3
>>
>>56548723
Redmi 3s. not as fast as Z5C but much cheaper and awesome battery.
>>
>>56548358
I'm trying to decide also. Here's a list why to choose one over the other

Oneplus 3
>notifications slider
>better fingerprint scanner location
>2 more gigs of ram
>better software and dev support
>(personally) looks better
>larger selection of accessories
>better camera

Axon 7
>SD card slot
>better battery
>better screen
>better dac
>front facing speakerS
>>
>>56548908
The price difference is certainly noticeable.. I'll keep it in mind!
>>
Is the LG G2 mini a good phone for casual use? It's quite cheap now and it has a microsd slot
>>
>>56548592
Ah, I see. Thanks for your input. I'm basically weighing ease of one-handed use and pocketablity vs being able to use the Mi Max for impromptu project presentations and watching movies and shit.
>>
>>56549102
>1GB RAM
>Snapdragon 400
>4.7"
Fuck no
>>
>>56547586

>implying the Moto X will get Nougat when the Pure hasn't even received the latest Marshmallow updates
>>
>>56549020
I'm leaning towards the Axon 7 at the moment but I haven't pulled the trigger just yet. The DAC and the speakers are really great and blow the OnePlus 3 out of the water. The only disappointing thing about it is the camera, which makes me wonder if I should just go for a more expensive phone that has good audio and good photography/video. (Sony?)
>>
>>56549306
I was looking at the z5+, looks like a good phone but apparently has heating issues that I can't handle, because of Texas weather... but it's also waterproof, which is what neither phone has. Also Sony quality, and is probably one of the best looking phones ever
>>
>>56549306
S7/HTC10/G5 all have good audio and good video, probably S7 with best video and 10 with best audio.

Or wait for the V20 and get the best of both probably.

Sony needs to sit down and reevaluate what they're doing cuz it aint working
>>
>>56549343
Z3+*
>>
What's the consensus on the Meizu M3 mini?
>>
I'm thinking of getting a new phone since my currently one only has 8GB ram. With that said, I'm looking at the nexus 6 and the redmi note 3 pro, both the 32gb versions, which one should i get? They cost around the same price. I just want decent battery life, 5"-6" screen, reliable GPS and at least 16GB of memory.
>>
Samsung S7 or iPhone 6s or Nexus 6? Which would /g/ buy?
>>
>>56548908
>>56549028
If you live an murica I would advise against xiaomi phones.
>>
Something like the Nexus 5X with a micro SD slot?
>>
Greetings!
My Android phone keeps changing (resetting) contact pictures to default - how to stop this insanity?

Do you have preference for a case manufacturer for your phone? If yes - who do you prefer and why?
>>
>>56549473
Some people recommend to avoid mediatek like plaque. Much better battery life can be bought from xiaomi with the redmi 3s.
>>56549765
Moto g4 if you can live with a lower cpu clock speed while having more ram bigger battery&screen and a msd slot.
>>
Is the new Sony Xperia XZ even on the radar?
>>
File: xperiam2.jpg (76KB, 1240x840px) Image search: [Google]
xperiam2.jpg
76KB, 1240x840px
Yo /spg/. I've had a dumbphone for close to decades but it's finally died. I thought now would be the perfect time to get a smartphone and reap the benefits of being able to jack off to porn in the toilets and browse 4chan at work. I bought an Xperia M2 off a close friend which had never been used for $40. I know it's probably pretty shit compared to the latest phones out now but I think it's good enough for what I want it for. Did I get a good deal or should I have bought something else?
>>
>no paper phone book
>no paper map
What are you going to do when your battery dies, or in an electrical storm?
>>
>>56549856
tarot cards & astral projection
>>
File: enough.jpg (30KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
30KB, 316x202px
Mi5S RELEASE FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>56549856
This >>56549878 so much this.
>>
>>56549780
reddit?
>>
>>56549835
I have the same thing. It werks if you don't game.
>>
>>56549972
I am semi-interested in Gameboy Advance and Super Nintendo Entertainment System emulation, but gaming is not a priority. Do you the M2 can handle it competently?
>>
>>56549813
Wait, why shouldnt I get the G3 instead?

It is better in every way and it costs the same
>>
>>56550034
No notification LED
>>
Greetings /spg/!
What do you think about Huawei mate S and p9 lite?
I need something under 300€, with a good camera, led notification, and a fingerprint sensor could be a nice bonus.
I'm actually on galaxy s4, quite broken right now
>>
>>56550042
Bullshit
>>
>>56550064
The Moto G3 doesn't have a notification LED.
>>
File: 4.jpg (21KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
21KB, 700x500px
Is the sony xperia E5 a good phone for casual usage? (no heavy gayming and other intensive stuff) I love the design and I can't go higher than 200 eurobucks
>>
>>56550064
You should try it, at first i thought it was useless, but actually is a must have!
>>
>>56550042
Shit I meant the "LG G3", not the moto
>>
Daily reminder to never buy a product from DOOGEE
>Who
That's right
>>
>>56550088
>MT6735
>1.5GB RAM
>200 eurobucks
No, it's shit.
>>
How bad is the screen on the redmi 3s? I know its a 720p display but how is the color reproduction and contrast?
>>
spg, where do I pirate my apks from except for Mobilism?
>>
>>56550134
Any sub 200€$ suggestions (apart from the obvious Xiaomeme)
>>
>>56550022
>1gb ram 1.2ghz quad-core
naah don't think so
>>56550034
>better in every way
>half amount of ram much weaker cpu smaller battery not even fhd
wat?
>>
>>56549546
bump
>>
>>56550278
LG G3, not moto
>>
>>56550022
It werks pretty OK.
>>
>>56550188
Vernee Apollo Lite

http://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/f_max_d+eurPrice.200,f_min_d+kiPerformancePercentile.90
>>
>>56550093
The snapdragon 617 is better than 801...
>>
>>56550285
RN3P m8, get memed.
>>
Qualcomm really needs to get their heads out of their assess.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_wants_to_use_amd_or_nvidia_gpus_in_its_exynos_chipsets_plans_to_ditch_qualcomm_for_good_in_2-news-20441.php
>>
Sold my S5 for 150 bucks. Recommend a phone that is better than it. I fucking hate Samsung. Their UI and UX is shit. I don't play vidya but I like my phone smooth and responsive.
>>
>>56550325
>Deca core
Now that's something I've never heard before! Thank
>>
>>56550343
>>56549546
Yeah go for the chinks but only if you're not in America.
>>
>>56550332
wat

so the lower the number, the better?
>>
I'm a Sony fag, recommended me a mid to high end smart phone. I don't give a shit about hardware, only camera and audio quality.
>>
Any fairy small phone that is not Z3C/Z5C/Chink and preferably costs around 300€?
>>
>>56550370
No generally not.
Another example is the 625 being better than the 810...
Newer middle-class can be better than older stuff even flagships if they got rid of the flaws.
>>
>>56550349
>amd in a phone
please god no, it'll be worse than the sd810
>>
>>56550325

damn that's like the first time I've seen anyone mention Vernee on here since early summer.

I thought that dream was kill.
>>
>>56550362
>>56550470
Quick review from
techtablets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_BYNz7MdEI
>>
Sup spg, i was thinking about getting the redmeme note 3 pro, I found it from an Italian seller with delivery within the week and with Google apps installed for 200 €.
I live in Italy, my carrier is TIM and I'd like a phone sub-200 with good design, a decent battery life and some ram/power for having some apps installed.
>>
File: 1396187093937.jpg (52KB, 337x367px) Image search: [Google]
1396187093937.jpg
52KB, 337x367px
>>56550325
>deca core

This is a meme-phone right?
>>
>>56550325
>>56550531
3100mAh is small for a chinkphone while having a mediakek cpu.
>>
What am I in for with a Lenovo Vibe Shot z90?
>>
>>56546054
i made a switch from note 4. you will get used to it
>>
>>56550584
Lower middle area nothing outstanding maybe safe 100 shekels for a p2 vibe with outstanding battery life and better cpu & ram?
Anyway I think a redmi 3s should be in your price segment.
>>
does HK Goldway take the fucking weekend off or what?

fuck them
>>
>>56550356
Memeplus 3
>>
Do you guys think the note 7 will last me over 3ish years? I'm looking at a long term investment into this phone
>>
>>56550022
my old samsung shitphone from 2011 with 250mb of ram could handle gba and snes emulation just fine
>>
>>56550727
Alright, thanks man.
>>
>>56548490
get a xiaomeme redmeme note 3 pro. you'll go backwards in battery from the g2 if you get a g3 or g4. And the xiaomeme is cheap as shit and runs cyanogen if you want.
>>
File: Galaxy-S3.jpg (39KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
Galaxy-S3.jpg
39KB, 600x453px
Is the s3 the ugliest smartphone Samsung has ever made?
>>
>>56550363
im>>56549546
I'm in the USA so I should get the nexus 6?
>>
>>56550776

goddamn that touchjizz was bad

funny, considering how god-tier the s2 (Hercules) was.
>>
>>56550706
As long as it doesn't explode and kill you in your sleep, sure.
>>
What if I like the Redmi 3S but don't like a fingerprint sensor? Alternatively, is there a Sony phone below €200 worth picking up?
>>
>>56550776
>ugliest
I have never seen one but it was so goddamn popular. Why did it get so popular?
>>
>>56550792
What if i want to die though?
>>
>>56550537
is it the 16 or 32gb one? if it's 16 you're getting fucked pretty badly
>>
>>56550831
There are so many good ways to go. Why would you chose the shittiest?
>>
>>56550844
3/32 GB
>>
>>56550826
No idea. It was my first smartphone and i hated it, so much that after my contract I got an applel phone, which i hated, now im at the grenade 7 which im thoroughly enjoying

I just havent had a good run with smartphones
>>
>>56550846
I want to be the first to die from it, since I would go down as the first person to die from a smartphone explosion (i think)
>>
>taking a smartphone with you as you go
>not some niggers or honkies
fuck off
>>
>>56550537
>>56550866
Overpriced. Buy it from topone with the no EU custom fees shipping option.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-5-5-3GB-RAM-32GB-ROM/32597684693.html

Or from HK Goldway with "sellers shipping method".
>>
>>56550910
or when the battery dies, or in an electrical storm
>>
How do I get it to stop asking whether I want enhanced location tracking and google location services 20 times when i use tinder? every time I press no, it keeps asking like 10 times. just a bug in tinder?
>>
happy 9/11 /spg/
>>
>>56545573
I'm looking for something to replace my S3, something that's at least average all around, with good battery life (lasts about 10-12 hours minimum).
>>
>>56550920
but I am worried about getting chinked and that they will fuck up with the ROM.
The site I'm talking about has a good reputation in Italy for selling chink phones.
http://www.grossoshop.net/it/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro-high-edition-android-5-1-hexa-core-4g-lte-3-32gb-argento-spedizione-dall-europa.html?search=redmi%20note%203%20pro
>>
>>56550687
a fucking men
I'm thinking about about buying from someone else & selling what thk goldway ships me
>>
>>56551008
I'm in the same boat, been looking at nexus 5, but they're hard find where I'm around
>>
>>56551031
Well you'll get it faster if it's shipping from Europe. either way you can flash the global rom later it's not hard.
>>
>>56551031
I ordered from top one and asked for a sealed box and got a sealed box with the original chink rom, which is better than anything some other nigger put on there. saves you €30, so not a bad idea unless the store offers some amazing return policy.
>>
File: b.jpg (40KB, 320x390px) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
40KB, 320x390px
>>56551082
>>56551118
thank you, I'll consider it.
>>
>>56551078
>n5
>battery life

>>56551008
rmn3p guys
>>
>>56551118
>>56551136
Don't do that. sealed box could get you a DOA unit and even if not you'll still have to flash the global rom instead of the Chinese one. you can simply ask them to flash it for you and they'll do it.
>>
>>56551078
>2700 mAh

>>56551143
>4k

Guess which I'm choosing
What's its power consumption?
>>
I'm deciding between the Redmi Note 4 and Redmi 3s PRO...

I watched a comparison video and they ran a 3D benchmark and the Note 4 was considerably worse than the 3s PRO. Comments said it's because of the MediaTek processor.

However an anon in /spg/ told me that the Note 4 is better in gaming in all circumstances, even the 2gb model... How can that be true?
>>
>>56551277
>3D benchmark
The CPU on the X20 is faster than the SD430 but the Mali T880 GPU is worse than the Adreno 505 on the R3s.
>>
>>56551432
so if I at all care about gaming, the R3s is a competitive option to the note 4 (which also costs $50 more)
>>
>>56551475
If you care about gaming you'd get the RN3P. SD650 with Adreno 510 is better than both. cheaper than the RN4 too.
>>
why does the moto x pure not come with a stylus? things fucking huge and could really take advantage of it
>>
>>56551578
Stylus's are a meme. I only use mine to doodle stupid shit when im bored
>>
In need of urgent help, I own a RN3P but it shipped with a power button that stopped working after 2 weeks, my main problem is is that the socket got flicked off last night and my phone is now dead with no way to turn on, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>56551662
>he fell for the chinkshit meme
>>
>>56551662
>I own a RN3P but it shipped with a power button that stopped working after 2 weeks
Then send it back and get a refund/replacement
>chinkshit
nvm family
>>
>>56551662
Message the shop and tell them it arrived like this. if you tell them you broke it, you're fucked.
>>
>>56551673
>>56551693
I know boys, I fell for the chinkshit meme and I wont be fooled again. The phone turned on at least but I issue a warning to all potential chink shit buyers, dont
>>
>>56551662
Fix it yourself, it's probably just a button on a flex, worth fuck all.
>>
>>56551056

I haven't even received my "hello friend - are you sure" message yet. Fuck these guys.
>>
Hello spg, I have a 200 yuro budget to get me a nice upgrade from my Xperia SP.
I like the Sony design, and I'm interested in the Z3, a little bit over my budget.
Do you have any suggestion for me ?
>>
Any of you have experience with Wileyfox? I'm considering getting the Swift as a replacement for my Microsoft-phone
>>
File: 1459520424122.jpg (94KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
1459520424122.jpg
94KB, 638x960px
OK so I got a HUAWEI/HONOR 7 Lite and I can't find a way to transfer files between the phone and >ubuntu. The phone only works this stupid "HiSuite" software which obviously doesn't work on linux..

What is the easiest way to get this working, guise?
>>
>>56552115
Stop being a loonixtard.
>>
>>56552115
FTP server app for android?
>>
>>56552115
I'm running arch and there was android file transfer (mtp) for me to install

There's got to be something similar if you're using ubuntu
>>
upgrading from first gen moto g to lg g4
what am i in for

going from 4.5in 720p to 5.5in 1140p is going to be interesting
>>
>>56545573
Add notebookcheck.net to the reviews list, they're one of the very few websites with actual objective reviews and tests
>>
>>56550807
Put tape over the sensor? Or buy the redmi 3 version without the sensor.
>>
>>56552115
I have this phone and I don't use hi suite,although it has been installed .when I connect it to my computer ,I get the option to mount storage in the notification area.
>>
>>56550807
Don't use the fingerprint sensor then?
>>
>>56548684
No sorry

have the honor7 and it was worth the 250 but the honor8 is 100 more for basically the same phone

not worth it.

also botnet phone.
>>
>David Ruddock(AP) "Price point being thrown around for Pixel XL is $649..."

https://twitter.com/RDR0b11/status/774999884915060737

Ughhhhhh
>>
>>56553173
oh boy here comes the iPhoneization
>>
Is the Blackberry PRIV or Droid Maxx 2 better?
>>
Hello /spg/, my G4 died a few days ago and was 3 months pass warranty (Fucking 1 year warranties are trash).

So, got any recommendations or suggestions? Price is not a concern, but I am looking for a phone that performs well, looks great, and can last a minimum of 2 years. Headphone jacks optional and prefer phones don't blow up.

What I'm looking at rn:
iPhone 7 Plus
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
OP 3

Thats pretty much it desu.
>>
>>56553173
Means the normal pixel will probably be €500.

Fucking why?
>>
File: g5vsopt.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
g5vsopt.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>56545573
g5 or 1+3
can't decide
>>
File: 1471243346224.png (31KB, 612x555px) Image search: [Google]
1471243346224.png
31KB, 612x555px
>tfw phones without notification LEDs
Glad you saved 0.00547 USD for the LED, Motorola
>>
>Waiting for Eastlink to open up preorders and shit for the iPhone 7
>>
>>56553521
>phone only supports amber/green
thanks HTC
>>
I'm looking for a non-chink phone under $200 that has a microsd slot.
Is that possible?
>>
File: meguca_zps8915cf44.png (83KB, 532x171px) Image search: [Google]
meguca_zps8915cf44.png
83KB, 532x171px
>>56553562
>>
>>56553588
LG G3 or G4 refurb.
>>
>>56553718
no nougat/bootloop
>>
>>56550380
HTC 10 my man, 2nd best camera at the moment and great audio. Only better audio out there is Axon 7 with its dual speakers.
>>
I'm not that into chink stuff, but how does the oneplus 3 (a more well known company now) compete against all these redmi-whatever-phones.
They look pretty nice on paper, nice screen size, build quality seems decent.
>what's the catch?
>>
File: 1335792196172.jpg (32KB, 221x221px) Image search: [Google]
1335792196172.jpg
32KB, 221x221px
>>56553521
>notification LEDs never turn on
>>
>>56549780
Bump
>>
>>56553987
Redmi doesn't compete against OP3. it's a budget phone with good specs.

OP3 is high end model and Mi5 is the direct competitor from Xiaomi.

>>56554037
>My Android phone
Are we supposed to guess what phone you got?
>>
>>56554016
i'll text you bb
>>
>>56554059
>Are we supposed to guess what phone you got?
I didn't think it mattered, since it uses google or something else to store the data in the cloud.
It is Moto G4. Hope it help.
I think that there is a conflict of some sort while sync is working. No idea what tho.
>>
>>56554191
No idea, try backup and Factory Reset, it usually solves those things. maybe check your sync options first and try to disable all gmail sync etc.
>>
>>56553521
Comfiest part of LG G4 is the RGB light so I can have texts or notifications be specific colors
>>
>>56553030
Doesn't the Honor 8 have a Cortex A72 chipset, Leica developed cameras, improved design, and is pretty much improved on a lot of parts overall?

Also every smartphone is part of the botnet to some extend.
>>
Bought an HTC 10 and damn this sexy slab is pretty great. I just wish the LCD was more battery efficient and the LED flashed blue. Also the fast charge on it is a joke and makes it hotter than a George Foreman grill. Camera is pretty good, but cranks the screen brightness to a 10 every time you open it and then it takes a bit for it to revert back to your established brightness setting.

What is the best way to clean the speaker on phones?
>>
>>56553457
Never had experiences with Oneplus phones myself, but two of my coworkers bought Oneplus Twos, and after an initial honeymoon with "muh specs" they've come to regret them. The 1+2's camera is weak in anything other than perfect lighting, the phones get hot, the hardware is kind of flakey (both started developing problems within a year), and when the problems do come, good luck getting warranty support. Maybe they both got duds, but I was not impressed at all.

>>56553521
This is the one thing that annoyed me about my old Samsung Galaxy T989D. Coming from a Blackberry, the loss of the notification LED was really, really noticeable. Fuck companies that do this.
>>
File: vgecxjk7lnix.jpg (168KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
vgecxjk7lnix.jpg
168KB, 768x768px
What phone should I get?
Currently have a Samsung galaxy s3
Usa
Straight talk
Mostly just gonna use it for social media, and texting
Maybe a few games
Looking toward spending about 350 $ at most
Is the s5 good?
>>
Should I buy the Mi4 as an ipod touch replacement?
>>
>>56554685
Most consider the OP2 weaker than the OPO, especially with the Snappy 810
>>
>>56553392
Get the Priv. Great build quality, dat keyboard, and Blackberry treats you like fucking royalty when you buy one. Also discounted right now.
>>
Thoughts on the moto g4 plus? Is it worth 300 US or should I spring for something in the 400 range?
>>
>>56554773
It depends which model of the s5 you get, I would go with unlocked or the international version if you want root.
>>
>>56555077
isn't the moto x pure available for $300?
>>
>>56553239
>>56553406
Why do you think Google did the rebranding?
>>
>>56555192
because it was going to be designed by the pixel team, but yeah, I also saw this coming.
>>
>>56554016
Let us be friends *-*
>>
>>56554248
I would have gotten one but the fear of bootloop is real...
>>
>>56555144
I never rooted mine, what are the benefits of rooting a phone?
>>
Um a-are xiaomi phones safe? Are they prone to defective batteries or other hardware failures including being dead upon arrival? I want to fall for the memes but I'm scared
>>
>>56555172
looks like 333 on amazon, I don't love the cpu on it but that display is awesome.
>>
>>56545573
How can i get encryption working on redmi note 3 pro with cyanogen? After pressing encrypt button it just reboots and do nothing. Same thing on latest snapshot and nightly builds.
>>
/g/ I need advice.

Okay so I bought a Nexus 5X last summer and the fingerprint scanner died the other day and I have a replacement coming in the mail. They want me to send back the old N5X, but what would happen if I didn't? What if I just kept it? I know they would charge the debit card connected to it, but the thing is I don't even have that card anymore. I cut it with scissors. Also, it's not even a actual debit card, it's from a job at Hardee's. Any anon who works/worked there knows. So I don't think it's actually in my name. Yeah, my google account has my name but I don't think that's connected to my credit score. Another reason why I don't want to send it back is because I have to print shit and I don't have a printer. Any advice? Should I send it back or not?
>>
>>56555532
Heavy customization, battery optimization, remove bloat, over clock processor, more RAM, but it voids your warranty
>>
>>56556019
>more RAM
you can't add ram to a phone retard
>>
>>56556091
He probably meant ''more free ram''
>>
>>56555653
>>56555077
Almost wonder if it's better to get the ax 7 for 50 bucks more for the better processor, extra ram and amoled. I keep shopping around yet I keep coming back to the fucking axon.
>>
>>56555644
>>56551662
But its not common.
>>
>Only cellphone I ever enjoyed owning was an HTC EVO.

>Was given a S4 that couldn't handle KingRooting for some reason.
>Apparently recoverable.
>I'm worried about not being able to get MTP Device Drivers installed

Anyone know if they're critical to recovering a soft-bricked S4?

Wish my son hadn't taken my EVO and dunked it in a fucking glass of tea.
>>
>>56553457
They probably cost the same with all the price cuts the G5 has been through and the G5 has a better camera, replaceable battery and sd support.
>>
>>56554819
bump
>>
>>56556315
>>56554819
Kinda depends on what you want to use it for I guess
>>
>tfw still using an S3

i'm not the only one here right
>>
File: 1470031511627.png (431KB, 556x644px) Image search: [Google]
1470031511627.png
431KB, 556x644px
Is anyone here using Sultan's ROM on a OP3?

>does it have sRGB mode like the stock ROM?
>does it have Snapdragon Camera like his OPO ROM?
>>
>>56556377
Same here senpai. Mine's slow as shit now though comparatively
>>
>>56556441
mines still pretty fast, using some old as fuck unsecure cyanogenmod snapshot

it does go crazy sometimes
>>
Is the redmi note 3 pro any good with vr glasses?
I want to try some vr porn.
>>
>>56556452
I have so much shit on mine with stock rom that I constantly get lag and max out my ram. I'm probably gonna upgrade soon but since I have to go unlocked I want to make it worth the investment.
>>
>>56556471
or wait about 3 years for actually good VR titles and games like everyone else is doing.
>>
What's the best kernel and ROM combo for Redmi note 3 pro for battery life? Also what's the deal with hot plugging, why are all cores always online?
>>
>>56556471
No, that shit is more or less made for the flagships of apple, samsung and whatever phones they advertise as being fully compatible with VR.

>nogaems
>>
>>56555921
>Cryptfs : Cannot create encrypted master key
>Cryptfs : Error enabling encryption after framework is shutdown, no data changed, restarting system
>>
>>56556780
I get 8 hours more or less of extensive use (either youtube/anime on mx player pro, shitposting on clover and browsing exhentai and nhentai, reading something and listening to music etc) with the first snapshot build of CM13 on mine (device is "kenzo"), can confirm it since my shift last 7 hours and i go home with about 15% battery on my phone.

Never even thought of trying unnoficial builds of CM or other custom roms since a supposedly stable lollipop rom for the Moto G1 made it nigh unusable and then semi bricked the device, and since that thing didnt have an SD slot i had to format and restore the stock rom without backing up everything i had there.
>>
>>56556377
Nope, my S3 is on Cyanogenmod 11 running KitKat.
>>
File: very rare.jpg (875KB, 1735x1671px) Image search: [Google]
very rare.jpg
875KB, 1735x1671px
What are your favorite apps/games on your android phone?
>>
Should I get the HTC 10 or should I wait it out for the LG V20? Mostly interested in the audio and photography/video capabilties of the phones.
>>
>>56545573
Hey guys. I was rooting my Nexus 5 today because i wanted to install an android N rom on it. First I tried to unlock the bootloader, but to my surprise it was unlocked. I probably unlocked it a couple months ago when I unsuccessfully tried to root it before. Then I installed TWRP and finally SuperSU. However, when I finished installing, my phone went into bootloop. Any ideas? I'm thinking my Nexus is pretty dead, but it's about time for an upgrade.
>>
>>56557209
Wait out

The removable battery and dual lens makes it worth it
>>
>>56557291
Will do. Thanks senpai
>>
File: Screenshot_20160912-012217.png (109KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160912-012217.png
109KB, 1080x1920px
>>56557020
This is with 3 hours 20min SoT.

I just feel like it would be even better with hot plugging and whatnot. Even this is amazing though. My s5 used to be dead after about 3 hours sot.
>>
If I have the money, is the HTC 10 worth it?
>>
>>56557448
>>56557291
>>56557282
>>56557209
Get the Nexus 5X, my dudes.
>>
back to android after 3 years with ios.
what are the best apps for music (player and eq/sound) and messaging? and any other good apps i should have. i've got a moto x pure, so mostly stock android
>>
>>56557621
I'm worried about the battery life.
>>
>>56557655
And that 2 gigs of ram
>>
>>56557621
Is the DAC any good?
>>
>>56545755
order from austria or slovakia or something
>>
>>56547062
any debotnet'd chromium build
>>
>>56557655
Im holding it right now, the battery life is fine for me, unless you like having a bunch of background apps in the background while streaming videos. I've come to the conclusion after 4 months that the battery life is fine if, surprisingly didn't decrease more than 3% when I was playing a graphic intensive game (Modern Combat 5), It's better than most people think.
The only con of this whole phone is the little battery life, but then you have the TURBO CHARGER, short and thick, special USB-C. It literally charges from 0% to 100% in 52 minutes (I timed it). The charger is a huge boost and your Nexus will get back on it's feet in no time. Also I love that the notification LED is in the speaker, it changes color depending on the app. If you have a facebook notification, the LED will be blue, if its youtube, it'll be red. Etc.

>>56557667
Gonna be honest here, the sound isn't the best, you can't listen to really loud bass music with it without hearing a little tin sound.
Phone grips great on hands though, not slippery. Although I do have a SUPCASE case and a glass screen protector.

Overall 9/10
>>
>>56557370
If you want it to last as much as mine does do the following;

Get greenify and amplify, keep them on at all times and enable experimental features

Medium-low brightness

Download youtube off of apkpure and install, do not even input your playstore account on the phone, dont even open the store at all, use F-droid instead

Flash open gapps with your version of CM, get the pico ones as they contain only the playstore and required services to let youtube run

NO SOCIAL APPS WHATSOEVER, FUCK FACEBOOK, WHATSAPP, SNAPCHAT, INSTAGRAM AND ALL THAT FUCKERY

Dont use chrome, try either firefox, the stock browser or naked browser

Keep the rice at a minimum, i am using the default trebuchet launcher, icons and lockscreens, the only customization i did was put an anime wallpaper on it, KLWP and UCCW are notorious for cutting your battery duration in half if you clutter your ui with them and set the brightness at maximum, even worse if your screen is AMOLED
>>
>>56558016
>anime wallpaper
>he doesn't use facebook
autism
>>
>>56557448
Wait for the LG V20 or the new Xperia Compact, don't buy new phones when their competitors are just about to come out

>>56557621
No sd cards
No removable battery
Meh camera
Meh processor
Meh battery life

Truly unseen levels of cuckoldry
>>
>>56558230
Anything better at its price point for an American?
>>
>>56558230
The new LG V20 is looking very promising. The camera seems fantastic, it might not be as good as the Samsung Note 7's but it makes up for it with the dual lens.

The quad DAC seems really promising as well, but I haven't seen any comparisons, though the possibility remains that it could be godlike (and a deal breaker for me since I'm an audiophile).

I'm not too interested in Sony's line-up, even though I'm usually a Sony fag. They really need to step up there game, because design-wise their phones are nice and sleek, but when it comes to hardware and software their competitors outdo them.
>>
>>56556019
>but it voids your warranty

is factory resetting not a thing? sorry iFag looking to make the switch soon trying to brush up on android in the mean time.
>>
>>56558351
An app statistics company released a report a few months ago and Xperias suffer from the least app crashes aka most stable phones

I dont see their hardware as lacking for typical use
>>
>>56558414
That highly depends on each device or company. One Plus phones can be rooted then reset back to get the warranty but most Samsung phones can't because by then you've already compromised their business solutions like KNOX or Samsung Pay.
>>
Whats the benefits of usb c on a phone? S7 edge user here coming from a G5 which sadly didnt support usb 3.1
>>
FUCK HONG KONG GOLDWAY
>>
Help me decide between the Note 7 and iPhone 7+ /spg/.
>>
best android phone for about $250?
on verizon, must be easily rootable but unlocked bootloader is not a big deal
>>
>>56557448

If that $100 price cut is permanent, then yes. I would go for it.

Conversely, the LG V20 will probably be good so you might want to wait
>>
I made a mistake and bought an HTC 10 through Verizon. Despite my NFC never working(which pisses me off), verizon (those cunts) disabled the ability to unlock the OEM bootloaded.
So I'm wondering what I should do? Does Verizon block rooting on all of their phones? Should I get a new phone and jump carriers? microsd is a must.
>>
What's the most complete (and accurate) list out there of xposed modules confirmed working with Marshmallow?
>>
>>56559391
Yes, verizon should only be considered if youre an applel fanboy or want the newest galaxy flagship (note 5 and up), you aint getting roms on both anyway thanks to their manufacturers being nosy jews and their chips being hard to work with, so the locked bootloader is no issue.
>>
>>56559237
>>56559237
>iphone
are you gay? you like touching other mens dick? or are you a woman who is dumb? iphones are for gay fags and women. android is for alpha males. get the note 7 after the recall and drop your gayness and stop thinking of the ifag 7. otherwise leave because you're a gay applel shill you touches mens dicks.
>>
File: file.png (13KB, 829x749px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
13KB, 829x749px
>two days
>wednesday

this is also in line with the last phone I bought
>shipped on a wednesday
>received the following thursday
>>
>>56559698
Apple is for gays, faggots, hipsters, women and japs, i really hope the N7 gets a price cut or something, 800 for that shit is too much when it isnt even an improvement over the S7E, but i do want my stylus.
>>
>>56547062
There's a free version of Naked Browser, although I use the PRO version. Mustard
>>
Posted this is the other /spg/ before, and that one has less replies so I'm assuming this is the main one.

So I'm planning to get a new smart phone soon, and these are my options. https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/-15-20+-10-and-under/android+windows/

Which one should I get?
>>
>>56559812
see >>56559763
>>
>>56559852
Doesn't even have the SE. Nice try though.
>>
>>56559866
It did in your previous post so it's kinda obvious you're trying to slide in and say you want an iPhone when someone will suggest something else. You're as transparent as a woman (apple's target audience including gays).
>>
>>56559892
No. I explained it before, I just forgot to select everything but ios. I used to use an iphone (5c) and it was hell. Icons looked like shit, no homescreen customizability, and if you even want microsd use you need to buy an overpriced accessory. The phone has been sitting in my draw collecting dust for the past 2 years collecting dust while I use my new android phone I've had for the past 2 years and now I'm ready to upgrade from that.
>>
Should I get the Nexus 6p or the Axon 7? Audio is pretty important to me, so is photography and ricing capabilities. I don't really give a shit about cpu or gpu specs.
>>
>>56559932
>so is photography
6p
The axon has an abysmal camera. It's also locked down but you can unlock it at the cost of your warranty.
>>
>>56559938
Is the DAC on the 6p any good? I more of an audio fag to be honest.

I was also looking into the V20, since it seems to have the best of both worlds but that might be out of my price range if it has a Note 7 tier pricing.
>>
File: 1466859149042.jpg (27KB, 768x750px) Image search: [Google]
1466859149042.jpg
27KB, 768x750px
My new phone freezes every five seconds for about half a second. Running latest CM13 snapshot. Audio isn't affected. Anyone give me a hand?
>>
>>56553457
I'm on a G5 right now and I absolutely hate it.
>>
File: 1472684516553.png (171KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1472684516553.png
171KB, 374x347px
>21st century
>it's now "smart" to carry a government surveillance tracker with backdoors left and right AKA "smart" hone
>>
>>56562314
Cute pic but isolation isn't cute fampai.
>>
So now that we have official AOSP marshmallow and official marshmallow MIUI, as well as CM14 for our XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 3 PRO smartphones, who here nougat?
>>
>pixel phones will be expensive as fuck
Who thought that would be a good idea? It's going to fail miserably at that price point.
>>
File: Xiaomeme.png (68KB, 340x681px) Image search: [Google]
Xiaomeme.png
68KB, 340x681px
Truly a meme. At least all this interest guaranties good CM support.
>>
>>56562565
It's even faster than the Redmi note 4. Seals the meme.
>>
>>56562565
Why the fuck is the J7 so high? Its a piece of turd.
>>
Why do people need "flagship" phones if they don't play video games?
>>
>>56562565
It may be a meme, but it's a reasonable one.

>>56562501
Since when did support for CM14/Nougat come about?
>>
>>56563079
Exactly this. Since the MotoE/G happened and raised the bar there's no need to drop mad dosh on a phone anymore.

By the way, I can't stop recommending the regular Xiaomi Redmi 3 if the Note one everybody shills here is too big for you and you don't mind MIUI. Specially now that they started supporting it with an official Global ROM.

The only thing you really compromise is downgrading to a SD616 which, unlike the wave of SD615 phones that overshot to 1080p and lagged really bad, performs really good on just 720p
>>
>>56559697
Thanks sempi. Does att do this as well? Who is the best provider that will not fuck with my unlocking decision?
>>
I'm looking for a new smartphone.
I'd mainly use it to watch videos on youtube and twitch and occasionally to play some games so I'd like if it didn't overheat.
I really like the oneplus x and the oneplus 2 but they are sold out and I can't find them.
The budget is 300€, possibly lower.
I'm from Italy.

Any suggestion?
>>
>>56563522
Xperia Z3 Compact
>>
>>56563079
>>56563340
>why do people buy Mercedes when my Nissan shitbox is cheaper
hmm idk maybe because they have a choice and the money to spend?
>>
>>56559735
Japs use flip phones tho
>>
>>56548169
Cannot say for flagship devices, but buying somewhat cheaper MTK device = no support, no firmware, only promises. They sell them for cheaper and locked down, so their botnets survive for longer. You'll get random 3rd party apps or worse, some chink keyloggers bundled with device.
>>
>>56551031
>https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-5-5-3GB-RAM-32GB-ROM/32597684693.html
your italian seller probably got his own rom chinks himself

I'm planning to buy a redmeme for myself and sell 2-3 in my shop, to peasant locals for 210-230 eur
>>
>>56545573
Am I the only one who's rustled because the first slash in the image isn't as close to the spg as it is with the second slash?
>>
What is the best phone for reading with an reasonable price?
>>
>>56565636
Any phones with AMOLED screen would do, I'd choose Note 3 Neo or the 2016 J7
>>
>>56565683
Thanks man
>>
>>56565733
Only because those two have real long battery lives, and because the Neo has removeable battery so you can just instantly swap a new one. If anything AMOLED screens are good in both bright sunlight and dark rooms, so the reading experience aren't interrupted.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.