[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 39

File: 20120530.gif (32KB, 576x647px) Image search: [Google]
20120530.gif
32KB, 576x647px
>>
Whats the best torrent site for VSTs and samples?
>>
Where I can find a good android games emulator for windows/linux that isn't completely trash?
>>
Can I be tracked for a few no-called id calls I already made in the past?
No need to know the details, I didn't speak, calls lasted no more than 5 seconds each, but if the other part (the one who recevied my no-id call) has little to no knowledge of tech and stuff can he find out that it was me calling?

AFAIK to do so you need to allow me to call you with my no-id but you have to install a proxy app that forwards my number to a hotline-type number that can decrypt unknown numbers, but if he just received them on his iPhone he has no clue nor way to find it out right?
>>
I'm looking to compress a very large folder (roughly 100 GB) into something that is much more compact. It's a lot of old footage that I have no need to edit or re-upload at this time and I need the extra space.

However, I know nothing about 7-zip, or how to maximize compression. I've tried it myself from online tips, but it took about a day to compress at such a slow speed and it only saved about .5 GB. I'm also confused if compressing causes data corruption/loss to the archive.
>>
>>56532702
if it's video, you're not going to get much out of a lossless format like 7z uses
transcode the video using lower bitrate/resolution/etc and with newer codecs if applicable
>>
>>56532702
Compressing data does not change it at all. When you uncompress it you will be back exactly where you started, assuming the archive wasn't damaged at any point. But I wouldn't bother in your case. Media files are already pretty much fully compressed to begin with, so the amount of data you saved actually sounds about right.
>>
File: 1473516590709[1].png (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1473516590709[1].png
42KB, 512x512px
Does the time Veracrypt needs to mount a crypted partition depend on the size of the partition ?
I'd like to encrypt a 2to HDD but I don't want to wait 10 minutes to mount it.
>>
>>56532842
>>56532847
Ok then, thanks.
>>
What micro SD card should I buy?
>>
>>56532946
sandisk
>>
>>56532670
Bump
>>
How can I make xplit only record game sound. Is there any way to give a game it's own digital audio track without hardware
>>
>>56532953
Why not Samsung?
>>
>>56532973
We're sorry, you appear to have 'bumped' a question within a half hour of originally posting it. Your question has been disqualified. There is no need for further action on your part. You may reapply with your question in 3-5 years, or seek the assistance of reddit/google. Have a nice day.
>>
File: lol.jpg (71KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
71KB, 640x360px
Would it be a good idea to put different things on my LAN on their own separate VLANs?

servers: vlan 1, 10.1.10.0
IP cameras: vlan 2, 10.2.10.0
dhcp clients vlan 3, 10.3.10.0

for example. Any benefit from moving away from a flat lan if its all coming out of the same routing appliance?
>>
File: windows-7-sort-desktop-icons.jpg (19KB, 352x250px) Image search: [Google]
windows-7-sort-desktop-icons.jpg
19KB, 352x250px
So when you right click on any folder in Windows 7, you can hover on this "Sort By" drop menu, right? And there are things you can sort by. How can I add a new parameter to this list permanently for all folders?

I want to right click on ANY folder and to see that or those parameters everytime I hover over "Sort by"
>>
>>56533040
samsung is also ok, but sandisk tends to be the best bang for your buck
>>
>>56533097
You would have less traffic around your servers which is always good, also dhcp on a seperate vlan and properly managed with port security can be fairly secure.
>>
>>56532670
You're fine
>>
What does it look like if you view the contents of an encrypted drive?
>>
>>56533274
indistinguishable from random data
>>
Would you say it's too cumbersome to do a triple boot on a 120gb SSD?

As in, Windows, Linux and Hackintosh?

I might have to use all three.
>>
>>56533347
just use a vm
>>
>>56533376
I guess linux is the one that works better under that?
>>
>>56533347
It would be very cramped.
>>
File: D-Link DSL-500B.jpg (3MB, 3664x2748px) Image search: [Google]
D-Link DSL-500B.jpg
3MB, 3664x2748px
>D-Link DSL-500B
I have this modem here. I received it on 2008 from my phone company, used it until this year, when it could not work and was replaced by a new one. Its capacitors, taiwanese electrolictic ones from the Ronyo brand, leaked due to usage. I already was told on /diy/ that it's easy to fix, just replacing them. And that I should, because it's good to have a spare one IF I need.

So, I checked the (physical 2008) manual, and it says:
>ADSL interface * supports G.dmt full rate: speeds up to 8Mbps downstream/640Kbps upstream
This worries me a little bit. I currently have 5Mbps connection, and the next connection I will have will be, probably, 10Mbps. I don't know when this will be, but probably no more than 5 years from now. So, I suppose this modem would not be good anymore and I would need to donate it to someone living outside the city centre (where I live), because it's supported speed would be lower than what I would have.

>The new modem:
>ADSL Data Rates: 24 Mbps downstream, 1 Mbps upstream
>>
do i have to reapply thermal paste if i am just repositioning the same heatsink i recently installed?
>>
>>56533542
for you
>>
I just recently got a smartphone for the time of my life.
it is a sony ericsson xperia, with android 2.3.3 on it.

can I/should I update android to the last version?
>>
>>56533503
You want to think about which OS is going to be doing the most resource intensive stuff, and make that your host. You can also use rt7lite to make a slimmed down installation of windows. Still a tight fit though, especially if you don't have an HDD to offload some stuff onto. If you don't already have the SSD I would shell out an extra $20 or so for a larger one.
>>
File: IMG_20160910_165912.jpg (740KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160910_165912.jpg
740KB, 2560x1440px
I purchased a Nvidia GTX 680 video card for my 4,1 Mac Pro. On the card there are 6-pin and 8-pin ports. I am confused as to exactly what sort of power cables to purchase. Am I to buy a 6-pin PCI-E to male molex and 8-pin PCI-E to male molex cables?
>>
File: Aye.png (75KB, 1530x401px) Image search: [Google]
Aye.png
75KB, 1530x401px
Would this be good?
>>
File: 1462403248845.jpg (123KB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
1462403248845.jpg
123KB, 600x396px
>>56533772
Get a nice modular setup that will last you. It will have everything you need
>>
>>56533347
Why not just get 3 dedicated systems?
>>
I recently did a blu-ray rip of a film using VLC Media Player, using its native recording on playback function.
The end result was a H.264 MP4 encode, but this doesn't like to play back properly.
In MPC-HC, playback is very jittery, whilst in VLC the playback is smooth but with audio-desync or possibly incorrect video playback speed.
A conversion I did with ffmpeg didn't alleviate the issue, if anything playback just got worse.

Any suggestions? Did the VLC conversion just do a shitacular job or is there some sort of encoding issue, or maybe an issue with playing back the video (which I doubt).
There's probably some much much better way to make blu-ray rips.
>>
>>56532850
Use truecrypt man, is better than this shit
>>
>>56532953
No difference between the different brand
>>
>>56533724
I think the best you'll be able to do on something that old is Jellybean. You can look for custom roms here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-x10/development

>>56533597
It's customary to ask a question on these threads. Even if that unit was working perfectly it probably wouldn't fetch $5 at goodwill. I'd just toss it unless you think you'd have fun fixing it.
>>
>>56533943
Truecrypt isn't developed anymore. Veracrypt is it's most active fork.
>>
>>56533894
I have two, but it's not exactly affordable.
>>
>>56533925
1)Your machine is underpowered,resulting in shitty encode
2) VLC is literally the worst client you can use
> usempv
>ffmpeg dosent work
Then you are sure it is your system
>>
>>56534125
Core i5-4690k @ 3.5ghz with a GTX 770.
Is this not an adequate system?

Playback of either encode isn't any better in MPV either.
So it's probably a shitty encode, what software would you advise for blu-ray rips instead of VLC? I figured it was probably a bad idea but it was only a test-run since I managed to rig up blu-ray playback in it.
>>
>finished K&R
>free at last

wat do? Been looking to get into graphics with C, but after a bit of research it looks like graphics are mostly handled with higher-level languages. Now I'm at the point where I'd really be down for any project (so long as it isn't graphics-intensive, since I don't know any other languages besides C right now). I'm kind of at that noobish stage where I know enough C to tackle a project, but I don't know enough to tackle _most_ projects. Yet at the same time I want to work on something that has practical benefit to me. Any suggestions for a programming nub who loves C dearly?
>>
>>56533925
that's got to be the shittiest method of ripping a BD i've read
>>
I have an OGG file that I want to transcode to mp3, but no program EXCEPT VLC can recognize it. What can be done?

MediaCoder, Audacity, Win MediaPlayer, Winamp, MediaPlayer Classic, DivX CANNOT play the file.

The file is a voice note from the telegram app if that helps.
>>
>>56534372
did you try ffmpeg?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160910-142208.png (160KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160910-142208.png
160KB, 1440x2560px
Why isn't this dumb ass clock app going into the hibernate after screen turns off part? There are only a few options and I have hit them all.

I have root as well.
>>
>>56533981
>I'd just toss it unless you think you'd have fun fixing it.
I think I would have fun. But I want that it be used later, by someone. I don't know if this would be the case.
>>
>>56534372
ffmpeg -i o.ogg mp3.mp3
>>
>>56534396
Well the error audacity gave is that it couldn't import the file using ffmpeg, so I guess.It said "Audacity did not recognize the type of the file "etc". If it is uncompressed, try importing it using "Import Raw". Using "Import Raw" just gives a split second of hissing, so it didn't work.

I actually tried the following with ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -i audio.ogg -acodec libmp3lame audio.mp3

also

ffmpeg -i audio.ogg -acodec libfaac audio.mp3

"The codec wasn't found" in both cases. Well I downloaded all the ffmpeg binaries directly from the site ("ffmpeg-20160425-git-9ac154d-win64-static") so idk.

Googling only gives up links telling people (on linux) to recompile ffmpeg with said libraries included.

But at least now I know that the file is an opus file within the container sampled at 48000hz. That's something.
>>
>>56534632
Goddamn it. Thanks a lot anon!
>>
>>56534370
Yes, I figured it was shitty which was why I asked a stupid question.
>>
>>56533856
Anyone?
>>
What the hell is blocks with media errors and how do i fix it?

I have 2x 3tb hard drives seagate( i fucked up on the choice) in raid 1 and intel RST is reporting that I have 56 blocks with media errors.
>>
Can I just take the RAM out of my T530 and put it in my X220?

Or more generally: how do you determine what works where?
>>
>>56534895
exact logs would be a big help
>>
Is Kaby lake coming with a new iGPU? Also, how long after Kaby lake is released will it take for laptop manufacturers to start selling laptops with the new processors? I want to get an XPS 13, but don't want to buy one when a processor refresh is right around the corner.
>>
File: .png (2KB, 261x221px) Image search: [Google]
.png
2KB, 261x221px
How do i make itunes play the songs after the last song in the 'up next' queue instead of the song after which i started adding the songs to the queue?
>>
My external harddrive has 1 bad sector. Should I worry?
>>
>>56535035
wat
>>
I just bought an RX 480 and my idle CPU temperatures are up by 15 degrees. Is there anyway to fix this?
>>
>>56535111
stop using it so much that it gets hotter
ffs
>>
>>56535158
Well i'm pretty stupid and samsung have a program to clone OS over which makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>56535087
in my version of iTunes, 11, there are two queues for playing files -- first one is the standard one, the one that plays the playlist or the album depending on the View, and the seconds one - Up Next - you add objects to there and it takes precedence over the other one, but when it ends iTunes continues to play the second one. I want to make the first queue the second one so it continues to play the album from the place the second queue ended or maybe some other way; i didn't find it in the settings and can't formulate it short enough for google to produce coherent results
>>
>>56535144

Stop baiting and at least try to help, cunt.
>>
what (((intel))) cpu should I build an HTPC around?
>>
>>56535198
i meant to say itunes continues to play the first one*
>>
>>56535185
Now I have another problem.

The hardrive I currently have has about 1.5tb of data on it and the cloning tool wants to put everything on the SSD which is 250gb.

Is there a way to select only the operating system to be cloned? The samsung cloning tool only gives the option to filter out files from the media folders (My Pictures, Documents etc.).
>>
>>56533347
It wouldn't be too cumbersome space-wise but getting all 3 systems to boot correctly takes a little planning. I had this system (over 3 drives but the concept will be the same iirc). You will want to do one first (either hackintosh or windows, I don't remember) then Linux last. Bootloader should be Clover, or at least it was on mine.

GPT scheme of course.

And I think that is it. It is certainly doable you just need to read some Google to find out which order to do it in.

Props to you though, you get the holy trinity
>>
Can looking at a screen everyday for years cause impaired vision? I'm starting to worry because my eyes have been feeling sore.
>>
Is 37 C a good idle temp for my FX - 8320, under load I have not seen it go past 42 C.

(Using a hyper 212 evo)
>>
>>56534986

How do I get the logs?
>>
>>56535201
Im being genuinely serious.
Stop using it so much, and it will not get hot.
That is how electronics works.
You fire electricity in to your hardware, and then it does things, in the process heat is a result of doing so.

If you dont want something to be so hot, dont use it.
>>
>>56535360
He said idle dumbass
>>
What x86 processor is a G5 processor equivalant to in processing power and usability.
Just looking at getting a cheap iMac G5
>>
>>56535387
>old hardware is old and shitty
>new hardware is new and new shit in it
Literally why does it fucking matter?
Are you getting artifacts? Is your case panels warping from the heat?
If not,
There is nothing of value in this conversation
>>
>>56535274
mine's at 4GHz, currently at full load (ffmpeg encoding) and is at 47.4C using the stock cooler
>>
I'm trying to pirate windows for the first time. I have downloaded an ISO from microsoft, however when i try to install it it asks for product key (no surprise). I have seen that you can skip this step and do it "later" ,but I cant seem to do so. I just want to install it and then run daz loader to activate it. What did I do wrong?
>inb4 dont pirate windows
>>
I need some sort of a cable to HDMI converter box. And one of those over the air tv boxes. My receiver doesn't have cable input otherwise I would just use that.

Thanks /g/urus
>>
File: Speccy.png (37KB, 655x523px) Image search: [Google]
Speccy.png
37KB, 655x523px
>>56535413

You are making too much assumptions, my friend. The noise from the CPU is driving me crazy. That's the problem.

So can you help or not?
>>
>>56535424
Find an older version and double check md5 checksum to make sure it isn't virus ridden
>>
File: RST.jpg (68KB, 671x506px) Image search: [Google]
RST.jpg
68KB, 671x506px
How do I fix blocks with media errors?

What does it even do?
>>
>>56535495
That's too fucking hot.The GPU shouldn't idle at 60C. Not even the 290x does that.

Anyway, obviously the heat from the GPU is the contributing factor to the increased CPU idle temp. I reckon you fucked up the driver installation. Use Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstall your drivers. The GPU shouldn't idle that high.

Also, iirc the max operational temperature for hdd's is 50C. Your seagate is dangerously tottering near the edge.Get a small fan for the disks. Do you even have proper airflow set up?
>>
>>56535495
All you can do is get better case air flow, manually adjust the fan speeds, or look into 3rd party coolers. Or water cool
>>
>>56535521
Where can I find an older version?
>>
>>56532404
how long an iphone 5's battery would last without charging and not using the phone at all?
>>
>>56535551

That screenshot was taken earlier. it was just to show the hardware. The GPU is now stable at 35 degrees, but the CPU is now staying at 50-55 degrees. With my GTX 770 the idle CPU temp was just below 40 degrees.

Can the problem be fixed?
>>
>>56535551
>drivers
Drivers will not cause heat changes...
>>
File: xmitter_schematic.gif (9KB, 698x566px) Image search: [Google]
xmitter_schematic.gif
9KB, 698x566px
How do I make a mobile ground for electronics? I'm following this design, and it says I am supposed to clip a ground out to a mains socket or exposed water pipe.
But if I understand it right, isn't the return to battery a ground?
Could I simply play a large resistor in parallel to the return path to emulate a ground or at least to some small bit of metal to simulate a charge differential and just occasionally discharge it?

My plan was to use this and a crystal receiver to make a small walkie talkie set for innawoods fun.
>>
>>56535614
>problem
There is no problem
>>
File: Capture.png (75KB, 867x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
75KB, 867x1063px
is there a way i can view all available programs to download on bash with a command?
>>
Do you have any tips for picking GPU brands like EVGA, Zotac, Galax, PNY etc? Is it safe to assume that they're mostly the same except for the coolers?
>>
does anyone have the pic comparing the Nvidia flagship generations?

it had like Fermi vs Kepler vs Maxwell vs Pascal, and had the relative performance increase between the succeeding architectures

580>680>780>980>1080 I think
>>
>>56535756
dont get fermi, 4xx (5xx is rebrand) grab a 780ti if you're not getting current gen
>>
>>56535677
They'll fix the GPU idling at 60C.

>>56535614
What about CPU usage? Keep an eye on the clock frequency at which the CPU is running. Did you fuck up the heatsink somehow? Check your bios/CPU settings. Save & export & restore defaults.
>>
>>56535833
software will not change temps., excluding fan control
>>
I'm working in VB, and need to count the number of times each unique element appears in an array. Sort of like counting the mode, but for each different entry. I know I need to use a LINQ but I'm at a loss for what to code.
>>
>>56535858
You're retarded and should kill yourself.
>>
>>56535571
You'll have to check pirate bay
>>
>>56535821
I'm not, I'm just having a discussion with my friends about 980ti vs 1070. my position is that a 1070 is better, and you should only compare a 980ti to a 1060, due to the price difference being only $50-100

I wanted to show them that when the 980 first came out, a 780ti was close to the same performance, but now, even a 970 is better, and that's only Maxwell vs Kepler. I believe that Pascal is a lot better than Maxwell, so the difference will be even greater between a 1070 and 980ti within a few years
>>
>>56535694

A lot more noise is, in fact, a problem. But you are a retard, so I won't ask futher.
>>
>>56535360
>my device gets hot, what do
>do not use the device
This is one of the most autistic replies I have seen in a while
>>
What need to happens to see a price drop SSDs?
>>
>>56532404
Where can I find a mirror of Kickass Torrents? I'm getting worried about the gestapo closing down everything. Soon VPN servers are going to be banned too.
>>
File: Selection_054.png (62KB, 1037x583px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_054.png
62KB, 1037x583px
help?
>linux
>>
Can UPS's be used as a power surge protector?
>>
Is there any way to stop cli output from disrupting what I'm typing?
Currently using rxvt-unicode.
>>
>>56536139

Why are you so personally invested in this? It is not normal for newer, better hardware to fuck over your CPU under IDLE circumstances. I'm going back to Nvidia, fuck me for giving AMD a chance.
>>
>>56536960
HURR DUUR
>I dont understand bottlenecks
>i dont undestand performance gains for new technology
>i dont understand basic concepts

If you throw a 750 hellcat in to a pinto, you're gunna have high temps aswell
>>
File: sadasdasdasda.png (20KB, 155x63px) Image search: [Google]
sadasdasdasda.png
20KB, 155x63px
Is this some social media site in China?
I see it all the time on videos from China
>>
>>56537003
Chinese Vine.
>>
>>56537022
What's it called?
>>
>>56537001

An i7 4970 doesn't bottleneck a RX 480, especially not while ildling. Sorry, but you are the retard.
>>
>>56537153
If i'm such a retard, why are you compelled to continually reply to every post i make?
>>
>>56532404
Is there any way to get my 1st gen (3g, no sd card) Moto G to work again?

It bootlooped because lol cyanogenmod and in my rage i used the CM recovery to format it... I cant get ADB to be usable because it needs Android to authorize the connection and i cant flash from a SD card because its the shit 3g one without a sd card slot. Not it has been sitting in a box for 6 months and i want to have a shitty muisc streaming device.

Is there a way to flsh from OTG or something or do i have a paperweight?
>>
>>56537188

Because of how rabidly you are defending AMD, even though I was just asking for a solution. You haven't made a single useful statement.
>>
How much space does backing up a bitcoin wallet take?

Backstory: I'm finally going ahead and setting up a bitcoin wallet. Seems it's gonna use a lot of space for storing the blockchain or whatever, but does backing my wallet up take double that space?
>>
File: 1452211201957.jpg (35KB, 576x566px) Image search: [Google]
1452211201957.jpg
35KB, 576x566px
>>56537270
I hate ATI.
They were shit in the 90's and they are still shit now.
But the fact you lack basic understanding on basic concepts of electronics, its comical.

+1 Reply
>>
>>56537314
>ati was shit in the 90s

yea well in the early 00s they had the 9800xt and that was the better than anything nvidia was doing at the time
>>
>>56537314

Explain to me how a RX 480 drives up the CPU temps on idle by 15 degrees, O master of electronics.

Remember, this is while IDLE.
>>
>>56532614
There's no such thing. Just get a cheap tablet.
>>56533097
It doesn't hurt to do so, so go for it.
>>56533274
If the encryption isn't total crap, it looks like random shit.
>>56533347
Putting more than one OS/physical disk is borderline insane already, but this would be totally fucked up.
>>56533652
You don't HAVE to, but you really should.
>>
>>56533652
Depends on how recent it is.
If the thermal paste has had time to "burn in," replace it. If not you don't need it.
>>
>>56537310
so apparently it's a negligible
>>
>>56537310
>>56537643
Your wallet is basically a pgp key.
You dont have download the blockchain, you can use online merchants/brokers to do all your trades, but have your wallet locally.
Encrypt it and throw it dropbox or w/e
>>
Is there a utility to get a user's (meaning, you don't have the login information for the account) tweets past the 3200 limit?

I'm aware I could scrape it directly from the site but that would be arduous and I'm not sure the legality of massively scrapping tweets past their defined limit.
>>
File: 1452986029292.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452986029292.webm
2MB, 854x480px
I have a Maven project with 2 modules. I want the modules to inherit the version of the super project, without defining it as a parent in the POM file of any submodules (the reason behing that is that the modules already have parents). What would be the best way to achieve that?
Importing the project from a properties file doesn't work because maven expects a constant value as a project version, not an expression. Maven plugins such as the version maven plugin or the maven release plugin are not solutions to my problem because I need something that would work in an IDE (I have to use Eclipse, not my call).

Any ideas?
>>
>>56537782
no
its a hard cap
>>
File: 1373043051661.png (318KB, 355x452px) Image search: [Google]
1373043051661.png
318KB, 355x452px
>>56532404
What are SFTP servers /g/? I've been told I can use them to share files and stuff with people over the internet.

What are they and how do they work? How would I go about setting one up?
>>
I'm in my BIOS setup what should I do when it comes to boot device priority?
>>
I just bought a new flash drive, what do I put on it? I'm going to carry it around with me, so far all i have is a couple setups and a torrent client. Portable browser if I can find one.

What do you guys have on your main flash drive? What do I need?
>>
>>56537782
>I'm not sure the legality of massively scrapping tweets past their defined limit.
it's pretty cut and dry - it's against their terms of use. they can justifiably ban your IP address from accessing twitter.
>>
>>56537999
Whatever your OS is installed on. If you wanna boot from a USB or CD, select that, but it'll always boot from those whenever it can, otherwise move down the list and boot whatever it finds is bootable.
>>
>>56537991
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSH_File_Transfer_Protocol
>>
File: 1473035957664.jpg (58KB, 500x697px) Image search: [Google]
1473035957664.jpg
58KB, 500x697px
What can I do to get my Overwatch to stop dropping fps during games? I average about 30. I already have a good enough processor and graphics card, and my router is right next to my computer
>>
>>56538003
tails
>>
>>56538072
>I average about 30. I already have a good enough processor and graphics card
you could start by not lying
>>
>>56537989
Actually I used some website about 6 or 8 months ago that let me get tweets, with limited metadata, ranging in the tens of thousands.
I tried to find it again to no avail and wanted to know specifically if anyone knew it. Pretty sure it got shut down though.

>>56538021
Do you think you should slowly crawl through the tweets over a few weeks and get them? How active d'ya think they'd look for something like that?
>>
>>56538054
Most of that kinda went over my head. Is it like a p2p connection where I can "seed" and the other user(s) "leech" it?

Is it easy to set up?
>>
>>56538136
its not as if you cannot get a new ip...
>>
File: 200.jpg (20KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
200.jpg
20KB, 300x100px
>>56538145
(You)
>>
>>56538027
where should I install my os
ssd or hdd?
>>
>>56538109
I'm not, anon. I have an AMD Radeon R7 370 and and AMD A6-3600. I mean they're not the absolute best, but they're not exactly trash right?
>>
>>56538145
Nope, its centralized. If reading that was over your head, you shouldn't set up an FTP server.

Just use a cloud provider like Dropbox or OneDrive
>>
>>56538174
What? I thought this was the thread for questions like these.

>>56538184
SSD for fast boot. Save your memes and porn to the HDD.
>>
File: 1448248842141.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448248842141.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>56538211
((You))
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-10-17-43-35.png (38KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-10-17-43-35.png
38KB, 1024x600px
why does the new tab dialog look like this ? It's the default browser from CyangenMod.
>>
My nose won't stop bleeding so thinking I'll try to cauterize it at home, anything I should keep in mind before doing so? Also how hot should I get the dowel before I shove it up there? Is just holding it over my gas stove for a few minutes good enough? Is it necessary to clean it first or will the heat take care of this for me?
>>
>>56538219
So you dont rape your eyes with white?
>>
>>56538210
Would you mind going into a little more detail? I kinda wanna learn. Whats the worst that could happen setting up an FTP server?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-10-18-03-07.png (32KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-10-18-03-07.png
32KB, 1024x600px
>>56538246
but I can't read it.
>>
Why do people on /g/ use terms like "chink shit"? Don't they realize how offensive and rude this is?
>>
>>56533856
>>56534886
Thanks for the help /g/
>>
>>56532404
If they didn't want us to look at their tits then why do they dress like whores?
>>
>>56538327
read the reviews.
>>
>>56538323
Don't you realize how rude and offensive chinks are?
>no, you don't, because you're an uncultured pleb who hasn't been abroad and experienced the rudeness of third-worlders.
>>
>>56538337
deliberately exposed skin is clearly a sign that they want or at least don't mind people looking at said skin

req. comic where a man gets nasty looks for staring at a v-neck top, so comes in the next day with "v-neck" pants and still gets nasty looks
>>
>>56538371
They are good for both of them
>>
>>56538262
Well, if you set up an FTP server insecurely from your home the absolute worst that could happen is it gets hacked and you end up with unsavory, illegal content on the machine that is hosting the serve.
Or, even if the files aren't illegal, it would hog up your bandwidth.

I don't have experience setting up a server, but I'm sure if you use "FileZilla Server" and follow a guide you'll be able to set it up right without any problems.

Then, after you have it set up on the machine you're going to use as a server, download the Filezilla client on the machines you want to access to files and then you can download them to the new machine.
>>
>>56538374
not him but i've been to china

at least the places i visited everyone was either nice or neutral
in fact, the only times i've seen rude chinks are some of the ones who live where i do (not china)
>>
>>56533171
registry edit, you need to find the key that holds sort by
>>
>>56538408
and are you sure you want your stuff to glow?
and have you researched mechanical keyboards (ie are you sure you want MX Cherry Browns)?
>>
>>56538466
Well I would like a back light because my environment is usually always dark, so it makes it easier for me to see (Well for keyboard at least)

Honestly I have never had a mechanical keyboard before but browns sound like the best, overall.
>>
File: SS_2016-09-10_42.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SS_2016-09-10_42.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>56535111
>I just bought an RX 480 and my idle CPU temperatures are up by 15 degrees.
Custom fan curve using either the msi afterburner beta or sapphire trixx beta.
>>
>>56538506
then it is probably a good choice for you. If you don't like the keys return it.
>>
>>56535244
>I'm starting to worry because my eyes have been feeling sore.
If they're feeling sore then rest your eyes for a short time, you are supposed to do that anyway. Broadly speaking half of eyesight problems are genetic, the other half is inadvertent abuse.
>>
I have windows 10 pro linked to an email, and a windows 10 education serial, which one should I use for a fresh install? anything actually useful on edu?
>>
>>56535244
Use flux or similar at night, lower screen brightness. Take a break every now and then.
>>
>>56535571
http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
EN is English, x64 is what you probably want.
When installing, either press skip or next when it asks to activate.
>>
>>56538544
Do you think they are good keys?

>>56538537
How are your temps so cool?
>>
>>56538431
Can I use it to send files to someone halfway across the world? He'll install filezilla and then access my server and get the files, right?
>>
>>56535442
Halp:(

>coaxial cable
>>
>>56538618
Anyone can if they have access
>>
I have blocked all Microsoft IP adresses, can I still somehow install updates, and how do I know which updates are worth getting and which are spyware?
>>
>>56538596
GPU? Like I said, custom fan curve. CPU? Noctua DH-15, best heatsink ever, so much so that I put another one in another build.
>>
>>56538596
I've never had a mechanical keyboard, but when I was considering getting a mechanical keyboard I was considering browns and clears. Personally I try to avoid stuff marketed to gamers, and after having a computer loaded with LED's in my room for some time I realized I didn't like all the light when I'm trying to sleep. In my experience gamer crap has poor build quality. I like ergonomic stuff.
>>
>>56538708
Your whole system, I am so surprised at the temps, especially with the 480.
>>
>>56538596
Oh and also, a case that has sound dampener materials instead of a fucking useless window panel. I can barely hear the fans.

>>56538672
>can I still somehow install updates, and how do I know which updates are worth getting and which are spyware?
WSUS Offline.
>>
>>56538741
>WSUS Offline
Currently running it. Looks nice. Will it show me release notes or something?
>>
>>56538725
Same and of good quality and shit, but I don't think browns are for gamers, I think reds are.

I have a Cooler Master keyboard and mouse combo, they are pretty riced and ugly. Can't wait to replace them for something better (They are good though, have lasted me a while with no issues, gonna keep them as a backup)

>>56538741
Post picture of your battle station, probably looks good.
>>
Sell i7-4770(non-k) now and then upgrade to skylake or whatever or wait a few years to upgrade?
>>
>>56532404
4chanX broke 4chan when I uninstalled it from Chrome. Now I can't see replies and the reply box doesn't appear.
>>
>>56538401
They want attractive people looking at the exposed skin, not creepy basement dwelling gargoyles.
>>
>>56538729
Aren't the 480 blowers even hotter?

>>56538780
No idea, I don't need updates so I don't bother using it.

>>56538792
>Post picture of your battle station, probably looks good.
No camera right now, but it doesn't look all that good, my cables are wanting for lack of organization. I will say it looks as warm as a sunset and cozy on a winter night.
>>
>>56538829
Guaranteed you won't notice a difference if you upgrade. Keep it for a few more years
>>
>>56538829
Wait another 4 years.
>>
>>56532479

this.
>>
>>56538886
You don't even have a phone camera? Really wanna see what your PC looks like mate.
>>
what are some reasons for a computer to start running a game poorly?

i have
>an ssd
>i5 6600k
>r9 290x

and i used to play games much higher frames than i do now. i have recordings on my playstv account that have me running a game at 100+ fps and now i can barely hold 60fps with a lot of things turned off.

short of just wiping everything and starting over what can i do to try to get some performance back
>>
>>56539006
Listing hardware doesn't do much when no one knows what software or OS you're even using, or when you noticed you first fucked up something.
>>
currently setting up win 10
asking me if I want ti customise or use express settings
anyone have a quick guide or video that can help me out here?
thanks
>>
>>56539049
he plays games so it obviously cant be linux
>>
>>56539081
yeah, but is it 2012 r2, win 7, win 8.1, win10, which is it?
also, what games? there's a lot that are poorly optimized shit AAA games because developers port the console version to PC instead of having it the other way around
>>
How long do you think it will be before we have AI that are smarter than humans?
>>
File: file.png (418KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
418KB, 499x499px
Are there any hard drives that are either 420GB in real capacity or 420GB in marketed capacity? I want an appropriate drive for my Phenom 420E and GT 420 DUDE WEED LMAO box.
>>
Bios isnt detecting HD and its making a sort of chirping noise, am i fucked?
>>
I'm buying a new GPU soon (next month or so) and I'm looking at the Asus GTX 970 4GB. Are there any better ones in the $235 - $300 range?
>>
My parents have to me into an apartment due to a structural issue with their house.

I want to suggest they buy a modem and router themselves to use there uinstead of "renting" them from the ISP as usual, and then when they move back in the house, they can give the ISP rentented ones back and just use the ones they bought for the apartment then too.

The thing is, I have no idea what good models are or how to set it up. Advice?
>>
>>56539317
in 1,000 years, and that's being optimistic
science has barely begun to scratch the surface of what makes the human brain work as it does
>>
>>56539358
go to a store and buy one. literally any of them are fine nowadays for average people. you only need to research if you have special needs (streaming, 10+ people in house, etc)

setting up is just plugging it into a wall the same way the current one is plugged in. if it doesnt work you call your isp, that's their job to figure out not yours
>>
>>56539341
Yes, RX 480 and GTX 1060
You shouldn't be buying a 970 in 2016
>>
>>56539317
Never. Consciousness doesn't actually exist within the human brain, the brain is simply a terminal that connects to a higher dimension from which this consciousness dwells. This isn't something that can be replicated in a computer program.
>>
>>56539406
are you some kind of hippie
>>
>>56539379
>you only need to research if you have special needs (streaming, 10+ people in house, etc)

They watch a good amount of videos online, and I'll be staying there every few months, and I watch even more stuff and regularly download stuff with very high file sies, so it needs to be able to handle that
>>
>>56539447
Isn't everyone on /g/ aging hippies?
>>
can someone spoonfeed me a way of getting windows 7 without paying
>>
>>56539388
Alright, thank you!
>>
>>56539459
Go find the official digitalriver ISO from microsoft's site or one of the many blogs that mirrored it, get daz loader to activate it from my digital life forum (don't get it from anywhere else as it's probably malware-infested) and done.
>>
>>56532404
When do you guys think an ios 10 jb will come out?
>>
I upgraded from a 550ti to a r9 380 about half a year ago and now all Unity games have heavy graphical glitches. I'm not exactly sure what's happening but it seems like certain things like shading or text that were previously drawn on the screen remain in that spot even as I turn the camera. I can't find anything about this issue online and have even seen other people with a 380 that say they can play unity games just fine. The weirdest part is that if I try to take a screenshot it looks completely normal. If someone cares enough I could take a photo of my screen though.
>>
>>56538072
Close the battlenet client, (not to be confused with game client)

Raises mine by like 10-20 fps. From unplayable to perfect with nearly bear-minimum settings
>>
>>56538202
>a6-3600
>not trash
wat
>>
Is it safe to enter my hot tub immediately after adding oxidizer? (Using bromine as the sanitizer.)

The guy at the pool supply shop said that it was best to add the stuff immediately before using it, rather than afterward as I usually have been doing in the past, but not sure if he knows what he is talking about.
>>
>>56539069
It really doesn't hurt if you just set everything to off by default. Windows will prompt you if you need to re-enable features to access something.

>>56539459
http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
I recently got a laptop to replace my desktop PC, Dell XPS15 with an alright gpu, as I don't really play demanding games and wanted something I could take travelling.

It's alright, but the screen refresh rate is fucking terrible for browsing, let alone playing any games.

As far as I can tell there's no way to get this laptop to output to a 144hz monitor? There's only an HDMI port. Dell sells a USB 3.0 to VGA adapter, but I don't think that would allow me to have a refresh rate of 144hz?

Are there any special HDMI cables maybe that can do 144hz now? It's been years since I've looked at what's available.

Basically any solutions to getting this laptop to support a 144hz refresh rate monitor would be great.
>>
just got to desktop after booting my build for the first time
I can hear system sounds like raising/lowering volume or plugging and unplugging usbs but not an mp4 file I tried to play to test it
any ideas whats going wrong?
(using headphones by the way)
>>
>>56539330
If you want to go way back...
https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-ST3550A-420MB-Hard-Drive/dp/B003FFF8KE
>>
>>56539596
Damn, only in Megabytes? Damn.
>>
>>56532702
Videos and images do not compress well, you need to re-encode the videos into something that does that well.

I would just upload them to youtube as private videos so they handle the compression and you can just download it later.
>>
>>56532850
No, the time to mount depends on the number of ciphers and strength used. Those also affect the read write speed. Should be fine just using one aka AES only
>>
>>56534513
Nobody wants original ADSL, anon. ADSL2+ it'd still be useful.
>>
>>56539589
It doesn't matter which HDMI cable you use. As long as your laptop and monitor both support HDMI 1.3 or above you should be fine.
>>
>>56533772
You need two cables from the mini connector on the mobo to 6 pin, https://www.amazon.com/PCI-e-Power-Cable-nVidia-Video/dp/B002UR1654/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1473550705&sr=1-1&keywords=mac+pro+gpu+power, one plugs into card directly, for the other, use a 6 to 8 pin adapter http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200420

Also, since that card won't be compatible with the old EFI, you won't get any video output until your OS has started, so keep the old card around for if you need to make OS changes.

>>56533865
Can't do that, non standard PSU
>>
>>56539759
OK great, I had thought that HDMI didn't support higher refresh rates.

The monintor is a relatively new benq and the laptop is brand new so it should work.

cheers.
>>
>>56532404
Why are Dollar General phones two or three times more expensive than Amazon?
>>
How do I get MPC-HC to display .mkv and .webm file icons as thumbnails?
>>
>>56538629
For just basic cable programming, you can use one of these https://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-Homeworx-HW180STB-Converter-Recording/dp/B00IYETYX8/ref=sr_1_2?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1473551098&sr=1-2&keywords=qam+tuner

for extra subscription channels, you need the box your cable provider gives you, or a CableCARD and supported box.
>>
>>56539809
Because amazon is pretty much break even on most of their prices, and family dollar charges for convenience and ignorance.

>>56539814
klite codec pack
>>
>>56535678
The ground is for the antenna path. You can use other antenna designs that don't need a physical ground such as a loop antenna, you can connect that between the antenna and ground pins of the crystal.

1MHz is not legal to transmit on.

Crystal receivers need huge signals in to get listenable audio, that's not gonna be enough.
>>
>>56539563
A6-3600 is totally trash.
>>
>>56539802
HDMI 1.3 isn't particularly common on anything, i wouldn't get your hopes up too much.
>>
>>56539858
>klite codec pack
Okay, how does it compare to CCCP?

I've only been using CCCP because /a/ swore by it for years.
>>
Where can I get the Pepsi P1S in silver? The only ones I can fins are in gold.
>>
>>56539338
blease respond
>>
>>56539595
bump
>>
>>56539919
They're both pretty mature. I doubt you'll notice any difference for the most part. But klite is very good with thumbnails. You can use their most minimal installation if you've already got MPC-HC
>>
How can I destroy the LED's on a LED TV?

I just need the screen to be ruined, I was thinking about purchasing a powerful magnet, but wondering if there would be anything simple that could be done without going out and waiting for the magnet to get here.

Trying to get a drug addict out of the house and all he does is watch TV while high.
>>
>>56540040
Call the police and tell them that someone's possessing illegal drugs in your home.
>>
>>56532404
Is there something like jdownloader for android?
That I can simply paste a link, the app grabs everything and I can choose what to download.
>>
how can i download a specific section of a youtube video, i.e. from 0:00-4:50?

or what's the easiest way to crop a video that i've already downloaded?
>>
>>56532479
>>56538935
audionews
>>
>>56539858
Thanks
>>
Do you plug the ethernet port into the modem or the router?
>>
Is there any reason to be wary of laptops that use eMMC memory?
>>
>>56540040
A rock?
>>
In C,

how do I stop the for loop increment if one of the conditions is met ?
>>
Ethernet is the one the gives internet right?

The smaller one is a phone cable?

Please respond.
>>
>>56539885
Ah okay, so in which case I should go for 2.4 ghz then?

https://www.fcc.gov/media/radio/low-power-radio-general-information

I was using this and just noting I need to tune it until I hit 150 feet effective.
Which I figured if the system is too much, the principle was a function of the antenna length, so I was going to do that.
>>
>>56539814
Icaros.
>>
>>56539595
>I can hear system sounds like raising/lowering volume or plugging and unplugging usbs but not an mp4 file I tried to play to test it
>any ideas whats going wrong?
Install K-Lite Codec Pack.
>>
>>56540366
>phone cable
>doesn't give internet
wat
>>
>underclocking my 4.2ghz fx 6300 in order to overclock the first two cores further
Is this possible?
>>
>>56540191
Once it dies, its FUBAR.

But it will take some time, by the time it dies, your laptop is probably obsolete.
>>
If I have a particular HD plugged in, my computer gets stuck at the bios splash screen, MB displays red led signifying an issue at boot, and I cant access the bios menu either.

Unplugged I can boot normally, and once logged in, if I plug the HD in, I can access it normally.

Is this HD basically dead?
>>
File: Capture.png (110KB, 1164x702px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
110KB, 1164x702px
Should I switch out this i7 for an i5?
Should I switch out the 1060 for the 480?
I want the best performance at $1200 maximum. I had an ssd before and besides the OS running faster on startup, it showed no noticeable difference.
>>
>>56540590
It sounds like a motherboard problem. You're going to have to call support on that one, since you either flashed the bios badly, or something external fucked it up.
>>
>>56540607
I want the best performance for modern video gaming possible*
>>
File: 1462091340261.png (142KB, 343x343px) Image search: [Google]
1462091340261.png
142KB, 343x343px
>>56540071
>>56540235
very smart people from the board of TECHNOLOGY
>>
>>56540607
>i5
yes
>overpriced z170 gaming motherboard
no. get an H-series board from Asrock or something.
>1060 for 480
not if you value driver quality and a stable graphics experience.
>>
>>56540649
thank you for your opinion.
>>
>>56540607
Yes.
Motherboard maybe, its gimmick tier but its also a high tier motherboard.
Get a WD Blue and a 850 EVO.
Get a EVGA PSU.
Remove windows 10, just pirate it or pirate 7.

Which SSD you had before, SV300?
How shitty it was for you to notice no diference.
They are worth it.
>>
>>56540637
Fine, get an open source GPL licensed rock and throw it at the proprietary LED screen.

Or leave the TV on but have it only show a picture of rms for about 40 hours and it'll burn into the screen.

There's your /g/ answer.
>>
How do I unlock my Blackberry from the original network to work with my shit sim.

Want cheap or free code site or literal way.
>>
>>56540662
Not him but avoid ASRock motherboards.

Get a GA-Z170XP-SLI or GA-Z170X-UD5.
Your motherboard is good, but not worth the price just for the gimmick name.
>>
File: newfile.png (872KB, 800x376px) Image search: [Google]
newfile.png
872KB, 800x376px
How do I make files like that? (convert to 24-bit bitmap and open with a zip viewer)
>>
With a URL such as

http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/09/how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-big-nasa-rocket/

does that mean the article is in its own directory? If so, what's the point? Why isn't it just a .html file under the 09 directory?
>>
After months of not using arch linux, I decided to do a pacman -Syu. Now, japanese characters in firefox look like qr codes きるよ, even though the text encoder is set to unicode. Japanese text shows up fine elsewhere, so the problem seems to be isolated to firefox. What do?
>>
>dualboot fedora and windows
>log into fedora, emergency mode
>log into windows and reboot
>fedora starts fine

why
>>
>>56540824
2016/09/09
>>
>>56540824
>does that mean the article is in its own directory?

No. The request path (everything after the domain and port, if specified, is regularly redirected or translated to some other resource.

That's just a nice URL for you to put in Facebook to make it easy for them to serve up the content.
>>
>>56540834
Remove Arch and get a proper distro
>>
>>56540824
>does that mean the article is in its own directory?
no there's a mod_rewrite rule that takes the article ID number and sends it to a script that retrieves it from the database. the URL has no relation to the file structure of the server itself. it's just there to set GET variables that will be used to dynamically generate the content of a page.

>If so, what's the point?
SEO and readability, you have an idea what the article is about just from the URL
>>
>>56532479
>>56537484
hfdfdkdf
>>
If I SSH into my Debian server, run some package updates then disconnect, will it keep running the updates assuming I use the -y option?
>>
>>56540891
>>56540958
Interesting. Thanks, anons.
>>
File: Capture2.png (99KB, 1149x608px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
99KB, 1149x608px
>>56540675
I can't remember the SSD off the top of my head.

Here is first comparison build.
>>
File: Capture3.png (111KB, 1161x688px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
111KB, 1161x688px
>>56541114
Here is the second
>>
is there any different between RX 470 4GB and RX 480 4GB?
>>
>>56541202
30-40% performance difference.
>>
>>56541202
Get the 480
>>
Performance wise, what's the difference between the normal and retina 13" macbook pro? Apples tech specs are limited to a frequency and i5/i7, but not the actual model.
>>
>>56532404
How do i get adobe flash player to work on Opera Linux??
>>
>>56541214
>>56541225
follow up question is it worth it for extra 30$ for a 8GB
>>
>>56541202
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-470-vs-AMD-RX-480/3640vs3634
>>
>>56541270
For 1080p get the 4GB one, more than enough.
>>
>>56541135
I'm gonna choose this build. It is a reasonable price at $950 and the only thing I'm leaning against is the SSD. Anyone got any tips on flashing a pirated copy of windows 7 onto the bios?
>>
>>56540816
s-someone?
>>
File: 1461732315384.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461732315384.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>56541399
Thanks again for all the anons looking at my build and giving me pointers on parts.
>>
File: file.png (134KB, 521x342px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
134KB, 521x342px
Are there any good controllers for PC that support both X-Input and D-Input? Or am I pretty much forced to get an Xbox controller?
>>
Why do my media keys open chrome://ubufox/locale/ubufox.properties ???
>>
>>56541507
I like the steam controller, xboz is probably your best bet though
>>
>>56532670
Not by the person, but if they were illegal in nature they can subpeona phone record
In future use a burner phone, you fucking idiot
>>
File: question girl.jpg (393KB, 950x720px) Image search: [Google]
question girl.jpg
393KB, 950x720px
Why is it that it seems that across all OSes and Applications, when an application playing sound freezes it plays the same like half second loop of sound rather than just not playing anything?
>>
>>56541507

Don't know what those are, but my DualShock 3 pretending to be Xbox 360 controller hasn't let me down. Already had a 360 controller but its D-pad is garbage.
>>
>>56541551
It's hardware related. The buffer hasn't been updated and has reached the end of the buffer, it needs to be 'changed' but the CPU is busy at the time and not able to 'refill' the buffer. As to why it keeps playing the same small section, I can only guess that it keeps playing the same buffer section over and over again as default behaviour.
>>
>>56532404
>tfw you stare straight at womens' tits when talking to them
>you're fully aware you're dong it and not even trying to hide it
>most women take it as a complement
>>
>>56541609
Thank you!
>>
Why am I getting a Null Pointer Exception? I just have an integer array of 10 elements and I want each to be a random number.
for(int i = 0; i < numbers.length; i++) {
numbers[i] = rand.nextInt(100);
}
>>
>>56541669
Sorry about that bad indenting
for(int i = 0; i < numbers.length; i++) {
numbers[i] = rand.nextInt(100);
}
>>
guys help my girlfriend wants a macbook for video editing and I'm literally feeling sick to my stomach trying to configure one for her regarding what you get and the price they charge.
>>
>>56541749
Break up with her
>>
>>56541749
Tell her that it isn't worth it and she'll be paying a huge markup for a brand name laptop that isn't even as good as one of a lesser price from other companies. Unless she just wants to look like a brand name hipster, then she already knows she's wasting money.
>>
>>56541749
as long as you are not paying for it, tell her up front you dont deal with apple products and you wont be able to help her at all
>>
>>56541792
She's arguing for it saying it's like a designer bag. She wants a new computer to do video editing, the computer she has now is a piece of shit
>>
>>56541749
Just find the specs that will be useful for whatever video editing she wants to do and show her the price. If she wants to pay a premium to make a fashion statement there's nothing wrong with that, so long as she understands she's paying extra to be fashionable.
>>
>>56541811
Tell her it's overpriced and if she wants to pay more for a fashion accessory, that's her decision. But if you're paying, don't do it.
>>
>>56541749

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

It's not a good time to buy one of those. Either wait a bit, or get a different brand of PC. Like a "mobile workstation" or something like a Dell XPS.

Has she actually edited video before?
>>
New Thread

>>56541890
>>56541890
>>56541890
>>56541890
>>
>>56541867
no experience, and I haven't any either. I stick to photoshop and a little audacity.
>>
I'm currently using a 120GB SSD, and just bought a 1TB SSD.
What's the best way to clone the old one to the new one.
Running Windows 10 and both are Samsung 850 Evos.
>>
>>56541749
Meh. All laptops are shit from a price/performance and upgradeability standpoint. Personally I wouldn't use a laptop for video editing at all.

I would tell her she needs a workstation laptop if she wants good video editing performance. Once she sees that it's like 8 lbs, then you can easily convince her to just do the video editing on a nice desktop.
>>
>>56541867
also thank you for the link
>>
>>56541910
She's not going to follow through, so it doesn't matter what computer she has. Let her make that emotional purchase.
>>
>>56539515
Great, thanks a bunch anon
>>
>>56535111
Chances are the inside of your case is getting heated more.
Rip off the side panel or set the fans to full.
>>
>>56540445
nah install CCCP

CODEC PACK WARS
>>
What is a decent old iMac to get if I want to spend $80 on a meme
>>
File: spikes.png (111KB, 1049x816px) Image search: [Google]
spikes.png
111KB, 1049x816px
Anyone care to tell me what these random spikes are? When I go into my router's traffic manager, it just spikes up to a gigabyte per second in download or upload speeds. What's worse, whenever it happens, my internet connection gets absolutely destroyed, not allowing me to connect to web pages. They've been appearing a lot more, too.
>>
What is a solid free antivirus? I just downloaded a relatively sketchy torrent and want something locked and loaded just in case it's AIDS.
>>
File: whatamp.png (267KB, 513x513px) Image search: [Google]
whatamp.png
267KB, 513x513px
What amp is this?
>>
File: 1451577713356.jpg (26KB, 500x580px) Image search: [Google]
1451577713356.jpg
26KB, 500x580px
if there any way to get a totally jew free windows 10
>>
>>56539703
Somebody wants. There are people using 300Kbps in the world, and even less. I decided what to do: I will keep the modem until the next bandwidth upgrade in my home, then I will give it to a recycling project that will fix and give it to poor schools in the city to use in digital teaching with recycled computer parts.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.