[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Your dream phone is ruined by LG's awful QA testing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: lg-g5-02.jpg (53KB, 660x469px) Image search: [Google]
lg-g5-02.jpg
53KB, 660x469px
> Your dream phone is ruined by LG's awful QA testing
>>
>>56530476
You mean awful software.
Same as with HTC, Samsung and all the other non-vanilla Android phones.
>>
>>56531764
Nah, he means awful QA testing.

t. former G4 owner
>>
File: 1464895760004.png (346KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
1464895760004.png
346KB, 858x725px
QA is fine. No reports of bootloops yet.

Software is fine too. It's a bit ugly, but it's useful as fuck. Especially the customizable navigation buttons. And other useful features. I fell for the stock Android meme for my latest phone (Moto) and it's fucking shit. I can't believe how much I took my previous phone's features (Touchwiz) for granted. Stock is purposefully barebones and the button layout is fixed and retarded. I wish I had LG's software. Anyway.

The problem is the design. All they had to do was take the G4, make is slightly narrower, boost the specs a bit, add a fingerprint scanner, and that's it. Keep the durable plastic, keep the opening-back design, keep the concave curve that protected the screen.

Instead, they went full 'muh premium design' retard. Straightened the screen. Scaled the whole screen down instead of only narrower. Made it heavy, dentable, slippy, bad-call-quality metal. And worst of all, abandoned the opening-back design for this shit bottom-loading meme.

The opening-back design was perfect because you could swap in another LG battery, or go for a Zerolemon. But with this awful new design, you can't have a thick battery like a Zerolemon. It has to be thin and small. Zerolemon say they're working on something, but I really can't see what they can do here.
>>
>>56531982
Fuck off faggot

LGs QA is ridiculously bad. I had my G3 giving me bootloops after just 1 year of use. And I didn't use it extremely, had a proper case and screen guard on it.

I'm seriously considering buying the V20 but I'm still skeptical about it
>>
Honestly think the V20 looks like a good attempt at fixing all their past mistakes with their phones in recent years.
As much as I want one, I'm waiting for it to be out for a few months to see if reviewers discover something deal-breaking again.

LG: The manufacturer I want to like, but keeps fucking it up.
>>
I just recently purchased a G4 on sale mainly cus it's one of the few phones that works natively with external DACs. Also for the battery and sd slot, plus the rest of the phone is pretty jazz. I already knew about the bootloop problems before buying it, but don't really care due to 3 year statutory warranty in EU. I'll just get it replaced if it ever bootloops.
>>
Would this phone be worth trading in for my hand grenade? I can only do a trade in until the 30th
>>
>>56530476
>protruding cameras
I don't get this meme
>>
>>56532416
It's a surprisingly solid, and underrated phone.
Screen isn't as good, but everything else is still more or less on par.
Go read reviews or watch "LG G5 vs ___" videos on youtube.

I'd say to get the V20 instead, but that's probably only releasing in the US in a month, maybe two.
>>
>>56532492
Leaves more space in the phone for other shit i believe

Still looks stupid but since the ipleb did it, its not going away
>>
OP here, I'm scared to get the G5 because I might run into random issues 6+ months down the line. I'm one to keep phones for 4+ years and I need an upgrade from my Galaxy S4.
>>
>>56533799
Well don't get Samsung either then, the new ones might blow your hand or face off.

I'd say your options are
>the upcoming high-end Nexus
>OnePlus 3
>or wait 6-8 months and if the G5 and V20 turn out to be fine, then it most liekly means LG have fixed the problem and so the G6/V30 should be fine.
>>
>>56533799
Then get a Nexus, or wait for the new Pixel phones to come out if you want a long-term device.
Being the official Google devices, they have the least bloat, good quality control, always receive updates the fastest, and keeps receiving updates longer than any other manufacturer.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.