[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

$200 pc builds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: dM26D.jpg (48KB, 468x477px) Image search: [Google]
dM26D.jpg
48KB, 468x477px
What can you build for extremely low money?

Bonus points for making it as rice as possible
>>
File: ctf.png (147KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ctf.png
147KB, 600x600px
>>56528659
Beg my rich cousin for his old pc for free and buy a new case replacing his.

He'd do it, Q6600 and GTX 280, 4gb ram, 500gb hdd is still good i think.
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/fTmL9W

Fast enough even for modern games.
>>
AM1 systems are pretty much the go to in extremely cheap setups.

Athlon 5350/5370 run about 50.
ASUS AM1 motherboard to overclock the shit out of it. about 40. MUST BE ASUS.
Rosewill has some semi riced cases for 30...color led fans and windows.
Apevia sells packs of led fans for 10-30 depending on how many you get.
A cheap fan controller can be got for around 20.
and about 35-45 for some 2100 ram...8 gigs.

of course shop around a bit and you can sometimes find this shit at retard cheap prices. I got the 5350 and micro atx mobo for 60 total on a B&H sale. reused an old PSU from a dell, also scavenged a DVD rw drive and a 300GB HDD and a amazon warehouse deals buy with a small scratch got me a case for 15 bucks (you can't even spot the damn blemish.

Overall I spent about 150ish total with RAM being the most expensive thing. And yes once you OC the bastard it will handle RAM at that speed. Overall the little toaster PC that could can handle about anything I've thrown at it and is indeed riced to hell and back though cable management on a rosewill cheapo is non-existent.

later I must admit i said fuck it and picked up a used EVGA 750ti for 40 bucks...but the fucker is indeed a gaming rig that performs far better than ever anticipated.

just look for deals, scavenge like a vulture and over clock til you squeeze every ounce of potential out of whatever you build and you'll be ok.
>>
>>56528804
What do you think i could play on this build?
Im skeptical because of the price and its an apu
>>
>>56528659
Holy shit that looks like crap. All the colours are just a giant turn off for me.
>>
>>56528928
Also I shaved and saved the money from the case as I've got a case. Maybe I'll spend that on a power supply
>>
>>56528930
Not the anon you asked but APU systems can handle more than you might think, particularly when paired with good ram.
>>
>>56528930
Absolutely nothing, unless you want min setting and 720p.
>>
>>56528930
Since it supports DX12 and has 4 cores, it will be able to start all video games.
>>
>>56528955
"start". umm no
>>
>>56528944
I wouldnt go for much of a PSU with my build style personally...AM1 is an extremely low power system even when OC'ed to near death.. If you go AM1 get a fan controller or at the very least a fan splitter cable. The mobo will only have 1 fan plug and you can keep the stock cpu cooler but add a couple of extra case fans to help cool it and to rice it. the single case fan plug doesnt cut it.
>>
>>56528952
It's enough to play shit like Overwatch on 1080p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_cS7nwaG74
>>
>keep getting outbid on old GTX cards
reee

Why are all the new budget graphics cards so shit compared to old GTX?
>>
>>56529712
Name an old GTX card faster than the RX 460 in DX12 games.
>>
>>56529750
well it costs three times as much as a used gtx 570, for instance, for say 10 more fps
>>
>>56528804
>300W Power supply
What kind of meme is this?
>>
>>56529908
It's a modern apu so that's all you need

Get on old high-end card though and you're fucked
>>
>>56529908
A 300W supply is enough for single GPU builds.
>>
Hey /g/, looking to build a mini PC for a minecraft server for me and my autistic friends. Since it handles 200+ mods at a time and is all single threaded I need to go Intel. Can I improve on this?

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/w9FPFd
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.