[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, quick question; My computer has been shutting down when I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 14-487-076-16.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
14-487-076-16.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
So, quick question; My computer has been shutting down when I play FFXIV for a little while. I can play Overwatch for hours on end, but FFXIV no. I've done a deep clean of the CPU, GPU, Fans, Tower, etc. I even bought a new Heat Sync for my CPU, but its honestly done nothing as far as I can tell to lower the temp of my CPU. Now, i'm not sure what is wrong, but even now recently, when I start my computer, after the inital Windows logo, it freezes for a good 3-5 seconds (after cleaning the GPU, was around 10-12) and it always seems to need to reinstall my mouse driver. Whats wrong?

TL;DR
Computer shuts down after a hefty load, not sure what it is. New heatsync installed, and everything clean.
>>
Install Gentoo.
>>
check the wattage on your PSU, should be on the label, then check the wattage requirement for your CPU, GPU, and other peripherals. This is done easily by looking them up on pcpartpicker and adding all the parts in your computer to a parts list. Odds are your computer (specifically your GPU) is drawing more wattage than your PSU can supply. Get a PSU with ~100 more watts than what your computer uses at max.

reinstall windows to fix the mouse driver, probably
>>
install gentoo
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>56527178
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/TKPJyf
I might be a little off with the RAM, It might be 1333, but im not 100%, but im sure it wont make a huge difference, same with the HDD. It is a 1tb, but not sure the rest. Also the GPU, it is a EVGA 970, but they get way too in to details. With that said, I do have a 650w PSU, but it wasnt an issue until now. Do I need a bigger PSU?
>>
>>56527130
Have you checked the event viewer?
>>
>>56527365
I honestly do not know how. Whats the cmd?
>>
>>56527337
Are all your fans running? Is a lose wire hanging down on your CPU fan? Has the CPU fan wire found its way up on to a fan blade?

PSU is likely sweating to keep up with that system as well.
>>
>>56527337
no, if that's the case your PSU is doing just fine. Try turning down the graphics settings in FF and reduce the resolution to 720p, if that fixes it then it's probably an issue with your graphics card.

Also make sure all of the GPU power connectors are hooked up.
>>
>>56527378
If you haven't used it before, I think this is the best way to start
http://www.howtogeek.com/222730/how-to-find-out-why-your-windows-pc-crashed-or-froze/
>>
File: IMG_1379.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1379.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>56527383
I do have a few wires hanging, but nothing is touching any fans.
>>
>>56527408
As far as I can tell, there are only three things to connect (besides connecting the actual GPU to the MOBO) and of those, I only have two plugged in. I was told the last little piece (just a 1x2) is not needed. It has worked for about 1.5years.
>>
File: Untitled.png (477KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
477KB, 1920x1080px
>>56527430
Video Hardware.. so my graphics card is shit now huh?
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>56527465
ew
>>
Your psu is most likely garbage. It only has 72% efficiency for one, which means it will have inferior components to begin with.
>>
shouldve gotten rx 480 to avoid nvidias planned obsolescence

jokes aside check your gpu's temps while youre playing FFXIV. when i had it for a month because of the humble bundle i noticed that it was pretty heavy on the GPU if you played above 60fps
my gpu is r9 390 so i imagine performance is similar
do you play with 60Hz vsync on or are you going for higher? try locking it to 60
>>
File: file.png (38KB, 1917x302px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
38KB, 1917x302px
not op but ho man
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.