[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are excellent Machine Learning Tutorials?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

I am looking for online sources that teach Machine Learning.

Looking for something that teaches you the math + allows you to do programming projects.

I've seen some like:

https://www.datacamp.com/

But not sure if they are worth going through.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>56520099
bump
>>
>>56520099
what's wrong with her tits?
>>
>>56520549
gravity
>>
>>56520549
She probably has small breasts and strapped the bikini extra tight to make her breasts look bigger in that pose. I would wager the girl in the picture is some instagram model.
>>
File: Elizabeth-Turner-09-500x750.jpg (83KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Elizabeth-Turner-09-500x750.jpg
83KB, 500x750px
>>56520652
real model, but can we bring it back to machine learning resources?
>>
https://work.caltech.edu/telecourse.html
This is the level of an advanced undergrad or an basic graduate course at a top 10 university. Totally complete material with lectures, homeworks, test and a quite complete book.
The 'problem' is that it is focused at academics. You are not going to learn how to actually use machine learning, you are going to learn the theoretical ins and outs of the area without being able to do much in practice.
But knowing this stuff is the difference between a code monkey and a computer scientist.

If you just want to learn the practice and don't care for the theory (which is totally valid, just not my thing), look at kaggle.com for the tutorials and do the example problems. They are VERY hands-on and you can learn a lot, but you will lack in the theoretical knowledge on how it actually works.

I really don't think there are much better ways to learn machine learning. Sure you could start with math books, then intro to AI and go from there, but if you want to focus on machine learning that will not be of much use.
>>
>>56520701
If you feed the birds, don't complain about the poop.
>>
>>56520797
>https://work.caltech.edu/telecourse.html

Thank you. What math background do I need to fully understand this?
>>
>>56520961
>Prerequisites: Basic probability, matrices, and calculus
Read the page man. To be fair you also need to know how to program, python is particularly useful, but I'm assuming you already know that because, well, FFS.
Familiarity on how to write and read a mathematical proof is also very useful, but if you take it slow and read up on anything you don't understand you will be fine.
The teacher is very good at explaining complex concepts intuitively, which makes it much easier to grasp the mathematics behind it.
>>
>>56520701

>I posted something ridiculously hot to get your attention but can we not talk about it please

Are you fucking retarded? Fuck you and your faggot question.
>>
>>56521040
My bad, I posted that right before I read this on the page.

Okay cool. It's been a while since I've studied Calculus/Linear Algebra (made As in them years ago). Would reviewing Calculus 1 and basic Linear Algebra (matrices, vectors, matrix vector multiplication, matrix multiplication, inverse & transpose) be sufficient or do I need anything deeper in LA?

I had some math courses with proofs, think I could do that if I took it slow as you said.
>>
File: gg.jpg (75KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
75KB, 640x640px
>>56521093
Sorry bro. You're right.
>>
>>56521134
I wouldn't waste my time reviewing anything before starting really. When you encounter something you don't understand pause and go read up on it, but I don't really think it is very useful to do a complete review before starting, you may very well end up not needing it at all.
If you do want to review the list you gave is fine, but I would add some calculus 2 on it. Not very much tho, and don't waste your time trying to learn the specifics on how to take derivative and integrals for example, just the intuition behind it and how to manipulate expressions involving them.
>>
File: qtpie.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
qtpie.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>56521093
>>56521152
jeebus
>>
>>56521222
Okay, good advice. I'm taking Andrew Ng's class now and the calculus is coming back to me as I need it. I'll take this course now too.

I don't want to be a code monkey that just uses the technologies to do data science. I want to actually understand it / possibly go to grad school for this.
>>
File: selfie.jpg (200KB, 1349x1349px) Image search: [Google]
selfie.jpg
200KB, 1349x1349px
>>56521240
Just go to NY right now. It's fashion week. You could land a qt model. Not kiddin
>>
>>56520549
>her
>>
>>56521286
Nah man. In my experience they're pretty to look at but pretty damn boring when it comes down to it. With the exception of a male model I knew, he was damn smart.
>>
Rigorous basics: http://statweb.stanford.edu/~tibs/ElemStatLearn/printings/ESLII_print10.pdf

Popsci: http://karpathy.github.io/
>>
>>56521255
>Andrew Ng's class
Didn't know about it, seems interesting. Very practical while at the same time keeping the minimum theory you need to sort of understand what is going on there.
I'm actually lacking in the practical department, so maybe I will take that course too when I'm less busy. Thanks anon.
>>
>>56520549
They're fake
>>
>>56521360
No problem. My background is in mathematics so I find his class easy to go through. Thanks for your link too.

>>56521341
I have experience of dating one and know a few others. They vary.
>>
>>>/wsr/

/g/ isn't your personal tech support / review site / whatever

And posting images of anorexic flat-chested "models" to get /g/'s attention is a serious miscalculation. Fuck off.
>>
>>56521714
>posting images of anorexic flat-chested "models" to get /g/'s attention is a serious miscalculation
HAHAHAHAHA anon, please
>>
>>56521714
>this is "anorexic" for americans
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.