[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which mp3 player has the best DAC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Which mp3 player has the best DAC?
>>
>>
File: image.jpg (142KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142KB, 1280x1024px
>>56515074
>he fell for the meme
>>
This appears to be a common myth.

Not really relevant if you can't bypass the internal amplifier hooked up to it. Product solutions will be either SoC or separate amplifier and converter sections.

The amplifier will be the critical factor in almost all cases, and the converter errors are generally marginal.
>>
>>56515074
thanks, let me know what you find
>>
>>56515096
>not DuckDuckGoy
stay uncreative, /pol/
>>
There are several high end PMPs out there with high end DACs, but they sound mostly the same IMO. Diminishing returns is huge.

I have an iBasso DX50 and that was the first time I experienced buyer's remorse. It was a little under $200, but it sounds almost the same as my iPod Nano. It has a micro SD slot and a touch screen. The touch screen is kind of finicky because sometimes it registers a swipe (for scrolling) as a touch/press. You can control it, but you have to learn how to make that not happen.

I honestly don't think there's enough of a difference between these DACs to justify the high price. My DX50 has a Wolfson WM8740. Some PMPs have dual DACs, and others have dual DACs using better chips. It just seems silly. They sound extremely similar.

I do have a USB DAC for my PC that contains a ES9023 chip. I actually can tell the difference between this chip and others, and it's my favorite sounding DAC. But the difference is so small. You have to be listening very intently.

If I could do it again, I'd just buy an iPod Classic and mod it to use SD cards.
>>
>>56515096
The meme is literally what (You) posted.
>>
Ruizu X02
>>
>>56514989
The Sony absurdly expensive one
>>
>>56516428
This. It's obviously going to be a Sony and whichever one costs the most.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.