[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do ads really work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Do ads really work?
>>
>>56511974
Yes they do. They're made to reprogram your brain since a couple of centuries.

You see a poster and you think nothing of it, but in a subconscious level you're infected by it.
You see a poster and you have the knowledge that it's attacking your mind, you tell yourself "i won't go to mcdonald fuck that shit". Still your mind is infected by it.

Ads are not marketing tactics, or commercial stuff, they're actually scientific weapon made by scientists. Look it up, they're a couple of article and studies on the subjects (you won't see it on a media that rely on ads though like TV but you can find it on the internet)
>>
No they don't unless you're soft in the head and fall for memes easily.
>>
>>56513220
You think you're stronger than anyone but if i show you 200 logos from various companies you can name most of them because your brain remembers.
>>
>>56513267
>Recognizing a logo means I succumbed to advertising
Being able to name the company a given logo represents is not the same thing as buying that company's products or being their internet defense force.
>>
>>56513267
That's not going to get me to buy their shit, I generally use reviews and advice from others. You could say that they fall for it, but if you ask many people you will get several different places for opinions, some of which aren't chain stores or razer products that cannot hope to pony up much for advertising
>>
>>56513293
dude, advertising is not about buying or defending a product.
>>
File: 1471499420990.gif (297KB, 264x234px) Image search: [Google]
1471499420990.gif
297KB, 264x234px
>>56513361
>Advertising is not about buying a product
Lel
>>
>>56513384
why do you think no normies into linux ? Because ads works.
They don't know linux exists because there's no ads for it on TV, so they think Apple and Microsoft are the only choices. So they buy Apple or Microsoft.

Instead of getting linux.

It's about printing on your brain the existence of something, making you think about it, making you dream about it even if you don't remember. Then when the day come to buy something, your subconscious brain reminds you of those things he saved. If you think about it, and do a little searching by yourself you might come up with a better solution. But when you think "i need a graphic card" you think AMD or NVIDIA.
>>
Tbh its not as sinister as everyone thinks. Ads just make you remember brand names and familiarize yourself at the best and suggest things at the worst. You see a ad for nice cool beer? Have some self control man. Its not like they are forcing you to buy anything.
>>
>>56513192
...which is why you should use adblock.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.