[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SDR (radio)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: titus-2-big-1.png (35KB, 498x727px) Image search: [Google]
titus-2-big-1.png
35KB, 498x727px
what does /g/ think of SDR radios?

http://www.rtl-sdr.com/the-titus-ii-complete-sdr-solution/
>>
>>56510727
Fun to play with, listen to air traffic control, track planes, listen to the signal of your neighbour's wireless doorbell and repeat it to fuck with em.

You can also listen in on the wireless signal of your power/water meter at home, if it has that of course.
>>
>>56510727
Literally 1,000,000,001 ways to get all that audio content on a $25 raspberry pi (which has nearly 4 times the processing power of that thing), and you want an expensive fancy toy which could only be used for this single purpose.
>>
>>56510727
this thread is about to fall off the bottom of the page
>>
>>56510771
How would I do that and how much would it cost and will it achieve the same quality?
I highly doubt all 3 will be satisfying. Something will get in the way.
>>
>>56510771
"well below 100$" is really not expensive for something that also comes with a touch screen and internal battery
>>
>>56511870
you can get an RTL-SDR USB dongle that will run in Linux or windows for just under 20 bucks, so i imagine it is possible to make this thing to sell for about 75 to 85 dollars,
>>
>2016
>using radio signals
just use wifi.
>>
>>56511839
thats what i was thinking, all the tinkering to get a rasberry pi going, i would have to buy the rasberry pi, and an rtl-sdr dongle, then install a custom OS on the rasberry then build the software to run the rtl-sdr dongle

when i could just buy this radio and it is read to go right out of the box
>>
>>56511997
this
>>
>claims "Complete SDR Solution"
>no real digital modes support (P25/DMR/NXDN/etc)
>laugh at this piece of shit
>can still do more with a laptop and a $25 R820T2 based stick
>>
>>56510727
muh RTLSDR
>>
>>56511981
>i imagine it is possible to make this thing to sell for about 75 to 85 dollars,
aka well below 100$
>>
>>56512343
i will buy one just to show support, keep it and use it on occasion, i been a shortwave HF listener for years and have a few radios in my collection, this thing would be a good little travel radio, instead of bringing a laptop or tablet and a dongle & headphones, just grab this thing and stow it in the car and its all in one package,
>>
>>56511997
>using radio
>just use radio
?
>>
>>56512670
wifi is internet, not radio
>>
File: 1457313704585.png (90KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1457313704585.png
90KB, 500x501px
>>56512695
>>
>>56510727
looks like this thread is about to fall off the bottom of the page
>>
File: 1473347409459.gif (30KB, 162x192px) Image search: [Google]
1473347409459.gif
30KB, 162x192px
>>56510727
>Reply
like television, there is a comfortable vibe to fm.

i cant stand digital. theres almost too many options that i can cater to myself. sometimes, id ratehr turn on something as background noise, and not be in charge or familiar with all of it.

>tfw youd rather watch toonami aftermath than netflix because you cant be assed to press play every hour, and honestly, im not watching it half the fucking time.
>>
>>56514688
tv and radio are too distracting to me
i don't even listen to the radio while driving
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.