[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google and technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: GoodBotnet.jpg (27KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
GoodBotnet.jpg
27KB, 400x301px
Why is Google the best tech company to ever exist? They made use of Linux, made tons of huge open source projects,made the best performing browser in the market, has the world's most popular OS Android, is making an OS that is universal and runs on everything (will probably become an IoT OS and use on official Desktops meaning Google could easily replace Windows and everyone would be using an all Google OS) almost every website uses Google APIs to interact with it's boatloads of products, they own a quantum computer, own your emails, your texts, your search queries and almost owns the fucking internet at this point yet they made tons of insanely good products and material design, is Google the future? Should we all just submit to Google and accept the botnet? They make better software than Apple and Microsoft and a ton of Google's products are FOSS
Why haven't you submitted to Google as your master and become their anal slaves yet?
>best design
>fast software
>best OS's made out there
>open source
>dominates the web
why isn't /g/ a huge fan of Google's work?
>>
>>56506171
the engineer a lot in house and buy ip they cant

i like them for that, they actually engineer and make stuff aside from software. they are not unique in it but they are good at it

they also have enough rep and money to try things and kill them like wave. or even reader
>>
>>56506171
I'll dab to that
>>
>>56506171
Google are the most evil tech company to exist.

Like an autist, they set engineers free on engineering problems without considering social or political implications.

You want to abolish privacy because it'll make your searches more useful? Sure. Go ahead. Don't consult the userbase, don't consider how this affects the concept of democracy. Just do it, from an engineering perspective it makes sense. Within your narrow sphere of expertise, privacy is just a problem to be routed around.

The worst thing is that this has an awful logic to it: you can't guilt trip these people because they've got blinders on. They're only thinking from the perspective of their small area of operation, without consideration for anything else. They aren't the evil plotter who can be convinced to recant, they are the bored manager of the zealous technologist who'll never give up so long as there's a "problem" they can "solve"
>>
>>56507366
>they aren't the evil plotter
Google is all in with the US government.
>>
>>56507366
>Not evil plotter
Say... Since Google became Alphabet, they changed their Motto from "Don't be evil." to "Do the right thing". Clearly it shows that they fully understand what is going on.

Google is evil. Fools.
>>
Google takes the linux kernel and open source code, sticks it full of proprietary botnet code and ships it.
Whats so great about what they contributed? Next shill.
>>
I'm just trying to think of the year when Google finally surpassed Microsoft Oracle and Apple as pinnacle of DOOM and EVIL in the world. It was before Facebook became such a big rape tentacle of evil though.
>>
>>56509744
it does not matter because they are all owned by the lizards anyway
>>
>>56508771
i know, but that comes as an after effect of what they were doing, it's not a root cause.

Google started data mining for revenue reasons and the NSA said "torrent pls" so they got the data too. The NSA didn't make them start data mining.
>>
>>56511097
Basically the lesson is that capitalism is bad.
>>
>>56506171
>google
>the best tech company to ever exist
KEK
>made use of linux
>open source projects
Never heard of EEE (Embrace, extend, extinguish), shill?
>google controlling everything
>implying that's a good thing
Move on, everyone, OP is a shill (maybe loves to suck cock).
>>
>>56511097
Google has always been data mining, it's literally the only thing they do.

>>56511167
Yep, it fucked everything
>>
/g/oogle
>>
>>56506171
They only do FOSS when absolutely required by gpl licenses, everything else is mostly proprietary whith some OSS. Come on they need to sell your data and fuck your privacy, otherwise they wouldn't have so much money or control over the world. Don't fall for their campaigns OP google using FOSS is bullshit to make them look cool.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.