[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me to ditch iOS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1455456030515.jpg (83KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1455456030515.jpg
83KB, 384x313px
>SwipeSelection lets you swipe directly on the iOS keyboard in order to move the cursor. This allows you to place the edit cursor in specific spots with much more precision than before. You can even select text by swiping from the shift key or from the delete key.
>https://youtu.be/OD_g5szHGWo?t=1m25s

SwipeSelection is the ONLY thing holding me to iOS.
I'm literally willing to give up on everything but not SwipeSelection.

Is there an Android or Windows Phone equivalent that has -exactly- the same functionality as SwipeSelection?
>>
no headphone jack
>>
>>56499166
How the fuck is a headphone jack going to help me select text you goddamn autist?
>>
there are like millions of keyboard apps, which have a better solution for this shit. some app might have this feature, or you can have it with an xposed module.
>>
>>56499148
Buy a blackberry passport, they stole the feature from it anyway.
>>
there's a swipeselection port on gplay but nobody cares about it because the default android select mechanism isn't shit
>>
>>56499341
this
>>
>selecting text
holy shit anon really?
>>
>>56499166
irrelevent

>>56499211
speculation

>>56499281
really?

>>56499341
>the default android select mechanism isn't shit
I don't like it at all.

>>56499386
Sorry I don't play your coolest whatever emulator on my phone.
>>
File: 3o7qDPABzF1lkkZ8OI.gif (2MB, 640x917px) Image search: [Google]
3o7qDPABzF1lkkZ8OI.gif
2MB, 640x917px
>>56499439
>speculation
even google keyboard does it
>>
>>56499496
You didn't bother to watch the video nor read the part where I said I want something to replicate all it's functionalities.

I don't want to swipe on the spacebar - too small.
I want the whole keyboard area to be swipable.
I also want to be able to control the selection mecanism with the edges of the keyboard (Shift virtual keys on an iOS keyboard). RShift makes the selection cursor go to the right, LShift to the left.
>>
>>56499148
Swipe selection is already implemented in Google stock keyboard, fool
>>
>>56499755

>>56499625
>>56499625
>>
>>56499148
Is this the iOS-tech illiterate spoonfeeding thread?
>>
>>56500301
Did you mean to post on reddit?
>>
>>56500324
>le buzzword meme
I don't use Reddit. I have an account on which I've posted like 10 solid comments.

If you're neither tech literate nor humble, then get the fuck out, these are people like who that kill this board.
>>
>>56500369
* these are the people like you who kill this board
>>
>>56500369
I don't even understand what you're babbling about.
>>
>>56500435
Great, then you're retarded. saged
>>
>>56500451
I sure enjoyed that ad hominem and those 3 shitposts.
>>
>>56500369
Thats 10 comments and one account too much.
You have to go back.
>>
>>56500485
That's not an ad hominem, that's an observation. You're lying. That's why I saged you.

An ad hominem attack would be "you've been here for one hour and I don't even want to know what've been your "contributions" to the other threads, do something of your life, damn it!".
>>
File: 1472386496057.jpg (59KB, 650x432px) Image search: [Google]
1472386496057.jpg
59KB, 650x432px
>>56500594
You're giving a lot of intention to a thread made by someone "retarded" and "killing this board' with a posts of offtopic posts of a questionable quality.

If you meant to sperg out and kill/derail this thread I guess you did a good job.
You won't have another response from me.

Fell free to reply to this anyway.
>>
>>56500819
>Feel free to reply to this anyway.
gr8

You're a tech illiterate asking for being spoonfeeded. I'm ok with that, though you mostly belong to /wsr/, but you're not more humble or pleasant than tech knowledgeable.

I'm sorry if there is a misunderstood, I never implied you were retarded, that was a demonstration by absurd. You're not retarded, therefore telling me you didn't understand what I meant because I had made a sentence wrong was either a fallacy or because you hadn't read my next comment.

I didn't mean to derail this thread though, read the conversation again. I didn't even pay enough attention to the sentence from which this discussion is starting to write it correctly.

My posts are offtopic because your thread is offtopic from /g/, which aims to enterprise-level developers, sysadmins, webdevelopers, pentesters, etc. However, I'd gladly answer to this question on >>>/wsr/.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.