[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I press "place order" /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: ShouldI.png (82KB, 1214x645px) Image search: [Google]
ShouldI.png
82KB, 1214x645px
Should I press "place order" /g/?
>>
>4GB
>>
>4GiB
>>
>4GB RAM
>>
>>56496055
if you want an actual thinkpad experience with a good keyboard you need to be looking at the t460
>>
>>56496055
>windows 10
dropped
>>
>>56496073
>>56496087
>>56496090
whoops I didnt notice that brb...
>>
>>56496055
you can get an actual thinkpad for that price with the discount codes
>>
>>56496120
what model would you most recommend?
>>
>>56496166
t460
>>
"'No"'
>>
Hi all in this thread, I might go out and buy a T460 instead, would you recommend that laptop for a college student studying engineering? Thanks
>>
>>56496373
Just get a T420 for $200
>>
>>56496395
I'm willing to make a somewhat substantial investment into a high quality laptop that will last 5+ years. Hopefully the T460 will do the trick
>>
>>56496423
>T460
>Higher quality
>>
>>56496055
No go to the thinkpad thread and learn to buy a decent laptop
>>
>>56496423
the T420 will last for 5 years from now at least, hell even 10 years, just put an SSD in it and 8-16GB of RAM.

Unless you need to do video rendering or want to play vidya, then it's more than enough to be future proof. And if you do want to do those things, then you shouldn't be getting a thinkpad anyway
>>
>>56496423
>high quality laptop that will last 5+ years
T420 or T430 upgraded with a quad core will do this.
>>
>/g/ - Consumerism General
>>
>>56496464
to add on to this, Moore's law is basically reached it's end. Computers in general have stopped progressing like they have in the past. And most things you use a computer for these days are done on the internet/server-side anyway, which is why you don't really need to keep getting more powerful hardware anymore.
>>
>>56496522
>to add on to this, Moore's law is basically reached it's end.

>for you

http://ark.intel.com/products/93791/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E7-8893-v4-60M-Cache-3_20-GHz
>>
>>56496055
>superfish
>recommending anything lenovo
Ayy
>>
alright lads I just ordered a t460 because amazon had it for literally $500 off

Just how bad is my shit fucked up?
>>
>>56496682
>$7k
why
>>
>>56496781
if you needed it, you would understand why

normies saying 'moore's law is dead' is hilariously wrong and misinformed and shows how we've repalced people that know about computing with people that THINK they know about computing because they can spec out a consumer laptop or gaming PC
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.