[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smartphone DACs suck balls and you're all a bunch of babies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (44KB, 459x345px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 459x345px
>b-but Bluetooth sound quality sux

If you really care about quality, buy a proper external DAC/headphone amp and shut the fuck up.

Smartphone DACs were never great and they are no great loss to anyone who actually pays attention to the sound coming from their devices. Better to get a pure digital signal out via USB than having to deal with a mediocre analog signal.

You guys will throw a shitfit over literally anything.
>>
>>56495907
>Better to get a pure digital signal out via USB

You do realize a speaker needs AC current to work?
>>
>>56495933
What is your point?
>>
>>56495933
>external DAC/headphone amp
>>
>>56495907
Shut the fuck up, fagtron.
I bought a FiiO E-07k because you asshats said it was a great amp/dac for $100. And it was. 3 years later the Lumia 950XL comes out I buy that. And you know what?
I plug in my DT770s and it's actually better than the FiiO.
The difference is undiscernible with Shure SE-215s
>>
>>56495907
That DAC is $1000.

Just sayin.
>>
>>56497861
In their defense a DAC is really only needed by super high ohm headphones that you phone can't power through its 3.5 jack.

Those se-215s don't need extra juice. Not their fault you didn't do any legwork on your purchase decision.
>>
File: LL.jpg (61KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
LL.jpg
61KB, 900x600px
>>56495907
but anon people do just that. Have you never seen rigs with DACs/Amps strapped to phones?
>>
>>56498026
No, because I don't hang out with autistic people.
>>
>>56498131
Maybe you should leave /g/ then since you're not being very convincing by posting here
>>
The issue is rarely with the DAC. It's almost univerally down to the amp being to quiet for the headphones or the output impedance being too high. Some also have issues with crossfeed; but at the end of the day all the issues are solvable via an amp. The only situation in which a DAC+Amp is helpful is if you've got a noisy output or not using a modern device.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 417x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 417x405px
>>56497980
>In their defense a DAC is really only needed by super high ohm headphones that you phone can't power through its 3.5 jack.
>DAC
>Digital analog converter
>>
>>56497980
>super high ohm
>powered through a DAC
>DAC
>A
>C
holy shit, forgot we were still in summer
>>
>>56498729
>>56498370

>implying they don't contain amplifiers
>>
>>56495907
>Smartphone DACs suck balls
That's objectively wrong for many phones nowadays.

>>56498182
>output impedance being too high
Not on phones, though, that's mostly a problem on other audio devices.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.