[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ag/ - Anonymity General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: snapshot_00.13.42.png (1MB, 1480x1080px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot_00.13.42.png
1MB, 1480x1080px
Hi /g/. Enlighten me on how to achieve the best anonymity online. The only thing I'm using (when I need it) is TOR. Is it enough? Does it make sense to install Linux or some other OS? Which one? What are some other good tools?
>>
>>56492457
Ty. I found out about Tails OS, at first look seems to be the simplest and reliable option if looking for a specific OS for anonymity. Can be launched from USB.
>>
>TOR
you may as well tell the NSA who you are upfront.
most of the exit points are monitored.

just use a sensible VPN that has strong encryption and you'll do fine.
>>
>>56492655
>Tor FUD
Already at your desk, Agent Johnson?
>>
Being completely anonymous is basically impossible.

If you're gonna be on the Internet in general then you're going to have to settle with the fact that the Internet was not built on anonymity and never will.

Still, there are ways to conceal yourself a tad better. I recommend a VPN that keeps no logs like PIA. (If you want to go on the Tor network, please don't! Then use it in combo with the VPN)
>>
>>56492043
Op, you should know. Anonymity online is a farce. Your not anonymous. I posted this before and janitors deleted the thread, let's see what happens. Learn how each step in the communication chain works. Your computer, the hook between the computer your talking to, and how the computer your talking to work. Then learn about all the protocols involved and all the publicly known vulnerabilities. Now that you know this you can make a well informed decision on whether or not you can be anonymous. Take this onto consideration though: the Nsa has been caught hoarding vulns so we have no way of knowing if Any of the technologies used in anonymization are backdoored. Look at the effort they have gone through with tor. Unfortunately the only conclusion one can draw os this: you cannot hide on infrastructures built by companies in cahoots with Nsa(and of course other agencies in other countries are exactly the same, albeit smaller generally). Look up gag orders, and think about how many practical attacks have been disclosed on protocols like Tls. They have owned tor since the beginning. And because of gag orders, every proxy/vpn in your proxy chain could be compromised. We live in a sad state(the world not just USA). Sucks. Mesh net could work but to hard for normies to into. Plus just a matter of time before they backdoor it. Last, any piece of tech you use to locally circumvent tracking(cantenna) may be useless as well because the underlying pieces of technology and the protocols that make it work may be backdoored. Glhf.
>>
>>56492835
Forgot to mention that I don't like to use my VPN service a lot because it's blocked from 4chan. I honestly wish it wasn't.
>>
>>56492838
If the possibility exists that a piece of technology is backdoored or compromised, the only way to look at it is to assume it is. Then consider how that affects your privacy.
>>
>>56492655
Yes, just use the technology that everyone else uses for anonymity, even though it doesn't do ANYTHING to make you anonymous. Change your gait? Nope. Prevent ISP from tracking you? Nope. It's like people believe that using one encrypted hop prevents someone from tracking them. Cmon. Don't be so DENSE.
>>
>>56492655
>NSA
What if I'm located is Asia?
>>
>>56492655
>>56492838
>NSA
What if I'm not in US. Still dangerous?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.