[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the history of Windows has that butter ever worked?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (124KB, 833x609px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
124KB, 833x609px
In the history of Windows has that butter ever worked?
>>
Yes, if you enable windows update and it has a driver
>>
>>56491823
butter doesn't work at all
>>
>>56491823
Windows includes lots of these "functions", which when you look at them closely are really just fake options tricking you into thinking it's going to solve the problem. It's like the "help center" shit that always pops up. It's tempting to click the help center button when windows fails doing something, but in reality it's never, ever going to help you. You might as well save the clicks and google the issue right away instead.
>>
>>56491823
Never worked for me when the drivers weren't automatically found.
>>
>>56491823
Its search is over so quick im not too sure it does much. Lovely aero colour tho famil
>>
I was installing a bios update which included some other driver updates, one of the drivers didn't install correctly, leaving me with botched wifi (would cut in and out). Used the network troubleshoot and it found that I was missing some driver.

I don't recall it giving me the exact driver I needed, I had to search around for that myself, but it is only slightly useless.

The point is linux is way more comfy desu
>>
>>56491823
Yes but infrequently.

My first IT job was at a place that didn't do updates. No WSUS server, and updates were disabled on all our desktop images. Every once in a while someone's video or audio would start acting up. Checking for driver updates in the Device Manager actually almost always worked, because there were almost always some installed updates available.
>>
>>56491823
Yeah, every now and then.

It does basic tier-1 troubleshooting, like resetting the adapter, renew/release, etc.
>>
Normally, drivers automatically get searched for, downloaded and installed whenever a new device gets plugged in. If drivers weren't found in the automatic search, triggering a manual search by pressing that button surely is not going to solve your problem. That button only works if you disabled the automatic driver search or you manually uninstalled some device driver.
>>
>>56492365

That's not what it does.
>>
>>56491823
daily reminder that the butter is a lie
>>
Yes, though drivers were mammoth shit old.
>>
>>56491823
wut, search for driver software? Yes it does, if you can't find a 760 driver after clicking that I suggest plugging in your Ethernet cable
>>
>>56492058
>get specific error message win win10
>click on help button
>takes you straight to bing with nonspecific shit like "Windows 10 help"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.