[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Copyright Alert System

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

You ever been hit with a CAS Alert, /g/? Just got one for the first time from my shitty ISP (Cablevision).
>>
>>56491599
Yes. Got one a few months ago in Canada from Bell. I downloaded the movie "London has fallen" via BitTorrent on a Win10 machine using no VPN or IP blocking of any kind. Some law firm (which seemed half legit/half bogus) was tracking IP's downloading the torrent and issuing notices to the ISP. The ISP then contacted me via e-mail and cited the specific movie, date I downloaded it, and a case # which I could refer to on this "law firm's" website. I followed the link to the website and basically they were demanding a $300 payment to "not be sued". Essentially this claim was following a legal method in which to contact people who had downloaded files without permission or purchase, but the end result turned out to be a complete shakedown attempt that seemed like only naive internet users would fall for. In the end I just deleted the movie, never watched it, never seeded it up to a significant ratio, and was never contacted again by the ISP or the "law firm". I think these laws and notices are more in place to stop people or providers who are providing illegal downloads in huge capacities to the general public, not for individuals who are just casually downloading movies here and there. In nearly two decades of downloading movies and software this is literally the only notice I've ever gotten and nothing came of it, so I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you.
>>
>>56491739
By any chance was it a YIFY torrent?
>>
>Seed 24 hours a day all day everyday since the days of supernova
>get one (1) CAS
>it's for Bubble Gum Girls

haha ok
>>
>>56491739
>I think these laws and notices are more in place to stop people or providers who are providing illegal downloads in huge capacities to the general public
This and it's also a scare tactic.
>>
File: 1473054921400.jpg (33KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473054921400.jpg
33KB, 392x500px
>live in a country where piracy is legal as long as you don't distribute
>set seeding to 0 "just in case"
>>
>>56492368

you don't know how bittorrent works
>>
>>56492368
>>
>>56491599
Just use a VPN.
A good one is like $30-$40/year.
>>
>>56492368
>set seeding to 0
top kek
>>
>>56491739
>via BitTorrent on a Win10 machine using no VPN or IP blocking of any kind.
People in/g/ do that?
>>
>>56492007
Yes it most likely was, as I typically search for the newest uploads from the most popular movie uploaders, and YIFY is my go-to.
>>56492564
Not really a /g/ people, plus I find you guys to be overly paranoid. I picture most of you with tinfoil hats on. Like I said, almost 20 years and no repercussions.
>>
File: 1449842169693.jpg (5KB, 247x247px) Image search: [Google]
1449842169693.jpg
5KB, 247x247px
>>56491599
>not living in a country where nobody gives a shit if you pirate or not
>>
>>56492230
Fully agree. An older family member had also gotten the e-mail since they were an authorized user on my account and they were COMPLETELY freaking out over this, perfect naive internet user reaction.
>>
>>56491599
private trackers+VPN=safe foreever
>>
>>56491599
Download and seed all day. All g. Nz here
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.