[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF I'M DOING HERE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1.jpg (3MB, 4120x5256px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
3MB, 4120x5256px
Do I get a fire if I leave them like this?
What I'm supposed to do to get a good wire management?
>>
>>56491420

You're on the right track. Use an old power adapter to run an old case fan on the box. I did that for a router some years ago that got scary hot. Suspended it approximately in the middle of the box with some string and cut a hole for a 100 mm case fan one end and a hole about 120% bigger the other. Don't worry about a superpowerful gaymeme fan. Just get any air circulating in one side and out the other, best if intake is at the floor and exhaust is at the opposite top.

You can wrap the box in paper or cloth like a Christmas present to disguise it/ blend it or display your mad hardware h4XX0r skillz.
>>
>>56491420
Cacat negrule, ce faci acolo?
>>
>>56491420
Cable binders, proper length on your wires, a cable canal

There are actually cable canals which let you "loop" the wire multiple times so you have like 15 cm length but can put 30cm of cable in it.
>>
>>56491420
Ikea has these storages for cables that help on the cable management, doubt it's gonna start a fire anyway

Check it out
>>
File: 2.jpg (474KB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
474KB, 1564x1564px
>>56491475
>>56491491
>>56491512
>>56491520
WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS?
THIS OK?
>>
>>56491541
coae nu
>>
>>56491556
De ce? Acum căldura poate să iasă.
>>
>>56491541
Add some fans.
Noctua preferred.
>>
>>56491571
Cartonul o sa absoarba si reflecteze caldura, verifica-ti temperaturile
>>
>>56491578
Pâi și ce-i de făcut în cazul ăsta? Găurile nu ajută chiar la nimic?
>>
>>56491541

Passive cooling probably good enough for what you pictured in OP. The holes you cut for this pic are _probably_ "good enough." No promises, though ... I have no idea what devices you've plugged in & how hot they get.

Personally, since I have all sorts of extra fans, I'd add in one small, quiet fan just for peace of mind.

You don't seem to care how it looks, so that's up to you. You can paint the box if looks matter.

Probably make sure to place that power switch for the power strip where you can turn the whole strip off fast and easily. Use a sturdy enough box and you can stack things on and around it ... so long as you don't block too much air flow.
>>
>>56491594
as recomanda sa faci gauri mici dar mai multe decat cateva mari, dar daca ai izola interiorul cartonului cu ceva (in afara de aluminiu lol) si ai face o deschidere pe sus ai avea temperaturi minunate
>>
wtf i hate power plugs now
>>
>>56491629
>The holes you cut for this pic are _probably_ "good enough."
At the very least it decreases the amount of fuel a fire get.
>>
>>56491541
Ti ai făcut un calorifer din carton, bravo
>>
>>
>>56491644
Așa am făcut, șăfu'.
>>
Wait, this is on the floor isn't it - MEANINGLESS NEATNESS - anyway put modems on the box they'll get kicked there.
>>
>>56491760
sugi ba
>>
>>56491420
A HOUSEFIRE. These power adapters need to be in a ventilated space. In a box like this they'll melt and start a fire.
>>
buy a well ventilated computer case with some noctua fans and put them inside
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.