[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are good desktops?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: xisto.png (3KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
xisto.png
3KB, 300x300px
So, I think the image captures the topic fairly well. Basically, it seems that the ThinkPad series of laptops seems to be a good, cheap, solid, laptop, or so I've heard. They are well built, easy to exchange parts/upgrade, and are very sturdy. A lot of people even prefer 10+ year ThinkPad models to newer, slightly quicker, consumer grade garbage.

So, the question here is exactly in the image. What is a good desktop that is not consumer tier junk, is well built, can be bought for cheap, and can last an average user 10+ years as a internet browsing machine.

Don't get me wrong, a browsing machine is not what I'm looking for. What I'd like is a solid desktop that is cheap and well built, and is a great value for money. So, what are your recommendations?
>>
File: l4bjy6bw.jpg (73KB, 584x588px) Image search: [Google]
l4bjy6bw.jpg
73KB, 584x588px
>prebuilt desktops
>>
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+build+pc
>>
>>56489999
If you use a computer that you didn't build yourself just fucking go to >>>>>>>>/v/
>>
>>56490127
t. NEET
>>
File: PC Assembly.jpg (24KB, 467x270px) Image search: [Google]
PC Assembly.jpg
24KB, 467x270px
>>56490156
You mean: assembled.
Some of us have better things to do than play Lego.
>>
>>56490175
No you don't
>>
>>56490175
like posting on 4chan?

captcha: cuck
>>
>>56489999
ThinkCentres.

Also just any 3 year old beastmode desktop with twin xeons for about $300.
>>
>>56490127
>>56490142
>>56490156
>>56490191
Oh yeah, forgot about building one up.

But, that still didn't answer the question. What is a good, cheap, business/well built machine? If you think about it, older hardware on certain machines might be cheaper then buying the same hardware in parts and building it.

Also, I'm not building a machine, because I don't game, and I don't plan to put it through extreme strain. So, based on this, what are recommendations?
>>
>>56490257
>Also just any 3 year old beastmode desktop with twin xeons for about $300.

Any specific brands that have xeons, or do Thinkcentres have them? What do you think of Dell Optiplexes?
>>
>>56490285
Dell desktops are well built but they use proprietary form factors. Even the HDD slots require a special adapter.
Their service is top notch however.

My office PC is a Dell. One day the Mini-PCIe WiFi module died. I live in the middle of nowhere but within 24 hours a Dell tech showed up and replaced it.

It's nice to have other people do those things.
>>
>>56490331
>I live in the middle of nowhere
With Eustace? Ha

I see, I did not know that about the Optiplexes, which makes sense in a business setting, but not really in my own business/design setting. Though I will keep Dell in mind if anything I ever work on grows.

What were the computers with the xeons? Your recommendation seemed to be the ThinkCentres. Is there any specific model I should be looking out for so that I don't waste time/money? Also, thank you for the response.
>>
>>56489999
No, X is the window system.
>>
>>56489999
Alienware
>>
Prebuilts make sense when you run on your own business simply because it's much less work to write them off for tax purposes.
At least in my country writing off individual components is a bit of a pain and quickly diminishes the savings.

>>56490412
I have to say though, the Dell was my employer's choice. I won't buy one again because of the proprietary case. You can't even install a hard drive without their adapter rails.

Will look at Lenovo for the next prebuilt.
>>
>>56490314
Dell Precision's and many HP's (Z series I think). They aren't always that cheap but every now and again you will get an unreal deal.
>>
>>56490648
I don't actually think ThinkCentres do.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.