[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll just, leave this here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

File: thehunterlaysatrapforhisprey.png (980KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
thehunterlaysatrapforhisprey.png
980KB, 500x500px
I'll just, leave this here.
>>
Nice shill.
>>
I dont think most people would be this mad if they atleast replaced it with another port like a lightning or usb-c
>>
>>56482222
Go bring it to 9gag instead, faggot.
Unworthy get.
>>
>>56482336
I'm cool with using the charging port. I don't listen to music on my phone that much, so it wouldn't get in the way of charging. And with wireless audio getting better all the time, at some point we won't need any kind of jack.
>>
>>56482449
Yeah but
Is it really necessary to remove the jack?
Especially when you have a fuck huge camera bulge?
>>
>>56482485
For whatever reason they needed that space for some other components, and with all the new crap they crammed into the camera, I'm sure it's a prototype for the features, and the iphone 7s or 8 will streamline the new hardware involved. Besides, 3.5mm analog needs to go at some point. It's pretty much optical disk-tier at this point.
>>
>if you think removing a feature that is currently standard for most if not all electronics that support audio is stupid, you're just stuck in the past
>floppy disks walkman haha geddit because they're old
>lol you're poor
>>
>filename
Just let the thread die, anons.
>>
>>56482598
>3.5mm needs to go
Except not really.
You're still gonna have to have a DAC, you're still gonna have to have a cheap mechanism that can make sound, you still need something that's compatible with literally everything in your house as long as it can play back music.
3.5 fits all of these things and already exists, digital audio is just retarded Jewish tricks to try and grab more money from you when your electronics start malfunctioning.
>>
>>56482606
>standard = too lazy to try and make better tech cheaper to manufacture

>>56482726
>retarded Jewish tricks to try and grab more money
lost all validity with that one bub.

The point is to transition to an eventual wireless standard. Even including the wired headphones like they do is a "I guess if you still want to do that, we'll include it." You think that our ultimate goal with transferring data is cables? You really think that once we can make wireless reliable and efficient, we'll strive to make better cables?

Pretty silly. How's the candle+sconce R&D going now that light bulbs are readily available?
>>
>>56482852
>I'll throw my money at an inferior product because someone somewhere said it was the footur
This world is fucked.
>>
>>56482222
>hurr its digital that means you should buy a proprietary set of headphones/earbuds that don't work in ANYTHING but your apple phone
>>
File: 313uTE4pFpL.jpg (9KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
313uTE4pFpL.jpg
9KB, 280x280px
Hey guys, welcome to 2007. I heard you like to charge your phone and listen to music at the same time.

HTC stopped doing this shit, why does Apple need to start doing it?
>>
>Don't people know that analog audio is inherently better than digital

Said like someone who has never owned anything bluetooth. Analog > Wireless

If they really wanted digital, they would have added a digital port.

10/10 bait made me reply.
>>
>>56482908
see:
>>56482852
Obviously wireless isn't where it needs to be, but if we keep blowing it off in favor of aging tech, it's just going to slow progress. We've got to deal with the prototypes so we understand how to make them better. Or, we can just ignore them and just complain about how they won't get better.
>>
>>56482908
also, digital as in plugging into the charging port vs an analog jack, not wireless.
>>
>>56482938
>aging tech
theres nothing wrong with 3.5mm jacks, they're still used because they work, they work well and theres no reason to change for the sake of change

if it ain't broke don't fix it
>>
>>56482960
On that note we should still use CDs over thumb drives because they "just work." I can still pull out a record and play it on a record player. That doesn't mean I shouldn't try to make something better.
>>
>>56482881
lol then don't buy it.
>>
>>56482960
>theres nothing wrong with 3.5mm jacks
Except that they take up more space than the CPU in a modern phone
>>
>>56482892
>battery lives are still as bad as they were in 2007
I mean, I don't know what else to say at this. You got me. It's not like my phone lasts all day listening to music or anything. Damn I'm stupid or something.
>>
>>56483011
This.

They're just being anti-apple at this point. I mean, I don't even have an iphone, but even I can see the end of the line for analog.
>>
>>56482989
>On that note we should still use CDs over thumb drives because they "just work."
Thats not the point at all. The replacement for CD's were DVD's because DVD's fit the same bill and increased the storage. Blu-rays caught on the same exact way, using the same spindle and sized disc with increased storage capability. USB developed on its on accord you stupid ass.

>>56483011
People don't worry about how big their CPU is. Thats not even a metric people look at "hmm is this audio jack bigger than the CPU of the phone? oh man it is? well I can't get this phone now"

Its not an argument at all
>>
File: 2015-12-0213-46-45.jpg (84KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-0213-46-45.jpg
84KB, 620x465px
>>56482960
This definitely isn't a waste of space. Just like an optical drive isn't a waste of space. It's the current standard everyone. You just don't get it.
>>
File: 1445699373509.jpg (92KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445699373509.jpg
92KB, 640x480px
>>56482222
somebody is insecure and desperately trying to hide it.
>>
>>56483011
>its bigger than the phone's CPU
>that means we need to do away with it
you realize apple made their phone super thin and it had hundreds of thousands of people's phones bending in their pockets
>>
>>56483107
>waste of space
>this dinky 1cm^2 phone jack is taking up TOO much space

next you'll say something like micro USB is too big too right?
>>
>>56483011
>they take up more space than the CPU in a modern phone
This is the fucking worst case of gasping at straws I've ever seen.
>>
>>56483104
We're talking about storage when it comes to optical discs, you goober. I don't know why you went to media, maybe because we were talking about audio. It's pretty embarrassing that you can't take that leap in logic. lol

>Its not an argument at all
Never go full retard.

If the loss of any of those bulks results in more features, or more room for better existing features, it definitely is an argument.

>>56483151
I guess you've never done any electronic work before? I take it you use ubuntu because it makes you feel like a hacker or something? lol I'll hold your hand on this one. When you're working at that scale, with parts that can operate at such small scales, every bit of space matters.
>>
>>56483190
>blatant fact
>grasping at straws
Jesus anon, it's time to stop. Just let it go.
>>
>>56483193
>We're talking about storage when it comes to optical discs,
No we weren't, we were talking about relativity of standard formats in hardware designs. CDs to DVD's to Blu-rays are all adaptations of the same hardware form factor. You're purposely defaulting to an old storage medium and disregarding the new storage medium that used the same form factor in question.

>media
audio is a form of media.

>you're retarded for pointing out this dumb metric that no one has ever used
>>
>>56483117
>falling for the bait
Wait. Am I falling for your bait? Damn you're good.
>>
>>56483011

how small do you even need a phone to be?

If you start cutting shit out like the 3.5mm jack and make the phone less thick for space reasons it's gonna get less reliable. If you look at the 3.5mm it is much less apt to fail than USB or apple's shitty connector because it has giant contacts and large surface area.
>>
>>56483193
>I guess you've never done any electronic work before?
Yes actually I have, fixing a 3.5mm jack is infinitely easier to fix compared to the other connectors out there
>>
>>56483011
>Except that they take up more space than the CPU in a modern phone
Apple should get rid of the CPU too!
MIND == BLOWN
>>
>>56483033
>phone lasts all day listening to music
wow dude that's intensive as hell, you've gotta have a backup battery or two, what's your secret
>>
>>56483239
You were the one that suddenly brought up DVD's and Blu-Rays. Do you understand the definition of an analogy? If I had said, "It's like the transition from horse to car," would you assume I was talking about the entertainment leap from fucking a horse to watching a movie in a car? Because that seems to be the leap you took. I was talking about transferring and storing media, not playing it back. I'm sorry you couldn't wrap your head around that.

Lol sick "anticipation" greentext bro, especially because it has even less to do with my point. It really goes to show how little you understand the point.
>>
>>56483254
>No you haven't
>y-yes I have!
You're the only one you need to convince anon. lol
>>
>lets force everyone to get new headphones that are useless on everything not a new iphone

>>56483301
>You were the one that suddenly brought up DVD's and Blu-Rays.
Because you started with CD's as some sort of nitpick counter point to audio jacks which wasn't an argument at all because you're dumb and forgot that other shit still uses the same formfactor blatantly.

>analogy
yes and yours was a terrible one, there is no replacing trend of removing 3.5mm jacks. But you can't name one thing beyond made up bullshit like "it takes up too much space" which is completely unfounded and irrelevant regardless.
>>
>>56483281
>>56483284
We live in a world where people actually come to conclusions like these.

Thanks you two. I got a good laugh out of these shows of desperation.
>>
>>56482989
>On that note we should still use CDs over thumb drives because they "just work."

Thumb drive of numerous advantages over CDs (more storage space, smaller in size, more impact resistant)

The only advantage to wireless headphones is that there's no wires. They need to be charged and the quality is less.
>>
>>56483206
It's a "blatant fact" that's so insignificant it shouldn't even be considered a problem by anyone with half a brain, let alone a reason to disregard it of new tech. That's what "grasping at straws" means.
>>
>>56483011
>Except that they take up more space than the CPU in a modern phone

So does the battery. Why not just have an external battery for the iPhone?
>>
>>56483332
D-do you only hear "CD" as music or something? I specifically used the term optical disc, which is anything from cd to dvd to whatever else you want. Even worse is you took optical disk and went, "optical disk must be CD, and CD must be music."

Once again, as I said multiple times, it refers to the medium itself. How can anyone be this dense?
>>
>>56483366
No anon, you just don't understand if you don't know how big your CPU die is (regardless of the fact that they're getting smaller) that means its a bad phone based on this fact alone and you shouldn't buy it

now buy my proprietary connector stupid goyim
>>
>>56483341
Someone came to a worse conclusion lol:
>>56483371

What are community colleges teaching kids nowadays?
>>
>>56483385
>D-do you only hear "CD" as music or something?
Never said that, don't put words in my mouth.

>optical disc
it doesn't matter what form factor it takes, CD's can be used for a plethora of shit.

>medium in itself
yes and I said you purposely disregarded the fact that the medium is still being used in the form of DVD and Blu-ray drives/discs.

What does this even have to do with 3.5mm jacks? You still can't name one thing wrong with them that is such a detriment to its design that it needs replacing with some proprietary iphone connector
>>
>>56483366
So it's not a problem if I buy a less efficient, lower performance piece of equipment when there are better options, so long as I don't give a shit? I guess I can do anything if I just don't care.
>>
>>56483441
>its lower performance because the 3.5mm jack is bigger than the CPU (thats getting smaller every day anyway)
>>
>>56483414
>What are community colleges teaching kids nowadays?

I should ask you that. You're okay with taking away a piece of technology that is:

>used by 80% of people listening to music on their mobile devices
>offers superior audio to bluetooth
>doesn't need to be charged
>decent headphones can't be purchased almost anywhere for decent price
>doesn't need to worry about pairing, lags, or drops

Your "herr derr it's bigger than the phone CPU" is the most asinine thing I've ever heard.

You don't see people clamoring for a TV that doesn't need HDMI or a power cable.
>>
Isn't all audio analog anyway? It's not like you're getting a digital stream directly into your brain. No matter what, it has to be converted to sound waves and then run through your inner ear.
>>
>>56483418
>CD's can be used for a plethora of shit.
Which was exactly my point, which was to say that there are better options for storing and transferring data AKA a fucking thumb drive. What kind of tactic is this by turning my points into your own?
>>
>>56483441
Yes, that could be a problem but that has nothing to do with what I said.
>>
>>56483475

That's why bluetooth is garbage. The DAC in them is crap.
>>
>>56483483
Because the limitations of the CD were what ousted it for superior formats like DVD's and solid state storage.

Fuck off with your terrible analogy you can't even defend your bad point let alone apple's proprietary connector that has no real advantages over the current model
>>
>>56483458
>tl;dr
That makes it okay, I guess. It's lower performance if they could have used the space for something else. If you can use other parts of the phone for the same thing, it's a redundancy.
>>
>>56483507
>use other parts of the phone
by creating a completely new part that isn't compatible with anything but the phone itself
>>
>>56483473
>I didn't go there, you did.
I mean, that's okay. I have my degree and I'm comfortable with it.

>offers superior audio to bluetooth
Still not talking about wireless. That's an eventuality. Any digital PHYSICAL port that can stream audio and take up less space is better.

>your "herr derr it's bigger than the phone CPU"
>>56483011
>>56483414
Try and re-read the thread before you accuse someone of being the same person. lol
>>
>>56482938

>me using a superior 3.5 mm jack holds back technological progress

it isn't my job to fund research and development. That is the product creator's job. Fuck off.
>>
File: cornered.png (650KB, 446x369px) Image search: [Google]
cornered.png
650KB, 446x369px
>>56483589
lol
>>
>>56483589
>Any digital PHYSICAL port that can stream audio and take up less space is better.
except the fact that its wireless so its more susceptible to interference, and the fact that it needs charging and the fact that its highly proprietary over the current standard and the fact that it has a garbo DAC and the audio quality suffers because of it
>>
>>56483591
Obvious that the statement is referring to companies that say, "Why try to make something better? Let's just slap a 3.5mm in there."
>>
>>56483589
>Any digital PHYSICAL port that can stream audio and take up less space is better.

Until that day comes retard removing the superior 3.5mm jack is a poor choice.

>Try and re-read the thread before you accuse someone of being the same person.
Great deflection. Stop trying to weasel out of your "herr derr 3.5mm jack is better than the CPU" nonsense.
>>
>>56483607

Desperate samefagging right here.
>>
File: justAnExampleCalmYourTits.jpg (20KB, 691x746px) Image search: [Google]
justAnExampleCalmYourTits.jpg
20KB, 691x746px
>>56483622
>except the fact that its wireless
Are you trolling me now? How is this wireless?

>>56483650
Wait, so you're just going to ignore that I'm not saying the shit about the cpu? You're either blind with rage or trolling too...
>>
>>56483630
Theres nothing to make better with the 3.5mm jack.

The jack itself is well grounded, supported, strong. The meme that its too big is horrible and completely false especially when apple used a 3.5mm jack in their thinnest phone ever and the phone started bending because it was so thin.

The jack is analog but theres no problem with that when you're using it to listen to music on your phone so if you're looking for the highest source of quality, a phone isn't the first place you should be looking anyway so that point is moot especially when blutooth is worse in terms of quality.
>>
>>56482222
>poor
>8 track
>pick one
also checked
>>
>>56483677
>its better because its proprietary
>please buy my otherwise useless overpriced earpods
>sorry no headphones allowed, buy out Apple branded Beats by Dr. Drew
>you wanna use headphones that aren't apple proprietary? here buy this proprietary over priced adapter only 35.99 for what is effectively a wire swap up

>wanna listen to music and charge your phone or do anything with your phone that involves multitasking? fuck you thats not allowed
>>
>>56483677
>Wait, so you're just going to ignore that I'm not saying the shit about the cpu? You're either blind with rage or trolling too...

I don't believe you. You just happen to be praising the wireless audio shite that apple's pushing + you linked the CPU comment in another post. Too suspicious. You're busted, jr.

Keep shilling. The 3.5mm jack is superior in every way (even the wires are superior because when people run sometimes the headphones fall out of an ear). Can you image looking for those $160 apple monstrosities while in the middle of a workout (not that you would know you fat applefag).
>>
>>56483684
It's like people can't read or something. I didn't say make the 3.5 better. I literally said "something better." How does that mean make the existing thing better?

And that whole second half is just about the biggest cop out I've seen since institutionalized racism.
>>
>>56483729
Yep. Definite troll. You're 100% ignoring that I'm explicitly talking about plugging into a usb of some kind, and keep going back to wireless. I'm not talking about wireless. Jesus.
100/10; I held on to the argument this long.
>>
>>56483316
He didn't stutter retard
>>
>>56483719
>doesn't realize they make headphones for all sorts of usb devices, on almost anything that has a digital port
What's proprietary about it again when I can use a usb-c headset on any usb-c device, or use a mini-usb headset on any mini-usb device?
>>
>>56483781
>Yep. Definite troll.
"herr derr internet speak". Jesus bro, grow up.

>You're 100% ignoring that I'm explicitly talking about plugging into a usb of some kind
You mean like USB C (which Apple has on the The Macbook but for some reason didn't put on the iphone 7)?

If you're not talking about wireless why didn't you fucking say so you retard? Right now in America we have the standard 3 prong outlet. I'm sure there's a better outlet design that might work better, but the 3 prong works fine. Why go through all these changes for minimal improvement. The 3.5mm was/is solid.
>>
>>56483747
>I literally said "something better."
but there isn't anything better, so the whole "something better" is fallacious because it doesn't exist

>how does that make the existing thing better?
because it exists.

>cop out
>comparing to institutionalized racism
christ what a fucking extraneous thought
>>
>>56483747
>I literally said "something better."

How can it possibly be better? The 3.5mm jack means headphones don't have to be charged. The audio quality is very good. What the fucking complaint?
>>
>>56483848
I didn't. I said wireless is an eventuality. Those were my exact words. The only way to misconstrue that is if you have some kind of disorder.

Also, if you take more than a half second to look here:
>>56483833
Or anywhere else in the world, there are headphones for almost every version of usb. Nothing proprietary about micro/mini usb. And apple isn't the only one to use C.

It's like talking to a brick wall. I'll just own up and say I've been trolled. No way around it. I lost. Good job everyone. I just keep falling for it.
>>
>>56483622
They have the exact same sound quality than the earpods and somehow thats an achievement
>>
>>56483919
>I didn't. I said wireless is an eventuality.
Maybe 50 years from now, but for the moment wireless audio/video is nowhere NEAR ready. You're a fucking retard.

>Or anywhere else in the world, there are headphones for almost every version of usb. Nothing proprietary about micro/mini usb. And apple isn't the only one to use C.
USB C has it's own problems. It's gonna rely on headphone manufacturers to put in a decent DAC (which even the most high end bluetooth headphones can't do).

At least educate yourself before you make a fool of yourself.
>>
>>56483930
>They have the exact same sound quality than the earpods and somehow thats an achievement
Oh so then theres no reason to get rid of the 3.5mm jack at all if the "new" shit isn't even better
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.