[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys I need to vent. >Get job doing IT computer repair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: in-trouble-337x310.jpg (51KB, 346x310px) Image search: [Google]
in-trouble-337x310.jpg
51KB, 346x310px
Alright guys I need to vent.
>Get job doing IT computer repair
>Love IT stuff, its my passion. I love computers so this job is a good fit.
>I work computer repair for a while and things seem good (Worked a year and a half so far)
>After a while get hounded on for little process things
>Get pretty good at the process of things
>Work tends to pile on after a while, but rotate at brisk paces
>End up missing on a few key details on a job here and there
>Boss gets mad and wants to know how to help me
>I have ADD and I know the problem - I sometimes miss details in a job and it really fucks things with me.
>Boss tells me I can't be successful anywhere if I can't get this down pat.
>Try my damnest to write down everything. Follow things step by step. don't go anywhere without a notepad.
>Things still fall through the cracks
>Go to high profile client today with boss
>It was a fix job for something I didn't notice, so boss comped for it.
>Get reamed at outside after the customer onsite job. Told me he'd give me 24 hours to think about if I want to work with him or not.

He made me take the day off (unpaid). Wandered around really thinking of what to do and I feel like such a huge fuckup. I don't know if I should continue working for someone I cannot fulfill his requests. advice /g/?
>>
Try to get the fuck out of helpdesk-like work. That's bottom of the barrel IT and you will be very replaceable.
>>
>>56481508
Try using project management, task manager apps and get super-organized and let the apps remind you of everything.
>>
Just go to a shrink for your adhd nigga.
>>
>>56481562
I do with outlook task list + calendar. works very well but its more of me just missing a key detail
>>
enroll in community college and get an associates in IT, then get certs

or, get an unlocked smartphone (galaxy s3 unlocked, galaxy s4 mini) for $100, use it to take notes and pictures of your instructions so you can look at them later

would recommend going to college though
>>
>>56481562
I forgot to say, try the gamification/gamified productivity apps. I like this one because it's generalized for pretty much anything in life.
>https://habitica.com/static/front

https://lifehacker.com/the-best-tools-to-productively-gamify-every-aspect-of-1531404316
>>
>>56481608
I almost have a bachelors degree. I will have that after this semester is over.
>>
>>56481508
I think what you're actually looking for is weed

If you have ADD/ADHD you need something. Either a drug or a strict schedule that requires exercise and a good diet. I have ADHD but have never been diagnosed(I don't want that on my medical reports) I've used some drugs meant to suppress it but weed and exercise are just as good if not better.
>>
>>56481508
What kind of details are you missing OP?
>>
>>56481578
I recommended the gamificationized apps. Also, make sure to portray this problem as a medical problem to your bosses, that way they can't discriminate you whenever you have difficulties. Because that's what it is, a medical problem.

I had issues with a chronic illness that causes me a lot of pain which caused me to miss a lot of work randomly and unexpectedly. I let all my bosses know about the medical issues, and pretty much created a situation where I could take days off, leave whenever I needed to because of my health. This was to the point where I could have easily abused the situation to just take off work whenever I wanted, which I didn't do because I wouldn't have made any money that way.

>tl;dr
>gamification apps make you treat your life like a game through the applying of game theory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory

>make sure they realize it's a medical problem so you're in a position to claim legal action if they discriminate against your health condition
>>
>>56481630
how the fuck can you almost have a bachelors but you can't do a job?

not trying to give you shit when you are already feeling down, just it doesn't add up

well, if you are in college, thats good. you don't have to worry too much - i would go ahead and do this though >>56481576

see a psychiatrist so that you can get adderall or something that will help you focus
>>
>>56481724
a perfect example of something I would miss is like...

Okay back up customers data.
Reformat PC.
Install windows 7 pro and transfer the data.
Prior to transfer make sure you put antivirus software on it.

I would do something like miss the antivirus software one and do the transfer, and have to do it up all over again because I transferred a virus. Its usually just a crucial detail that I just don't think about or I miss and it drives me insane how I can't seem to get my shit together.
>>
>>56481759
I mean to tell you the truth I don't think I have this issue with other jobs. Though I questioned it.
My last job I lost in 3 months because they told me it 'didn't work out'. I needed to confirm and awkwardly called my boss from before and asked him what he meant, could he specify?

He stated that I just didn't have the maturity level needed that the company was looking for.

Partially I'm glad he didn't say "Because you cant follow directions." or something regarding directions, seeing this isn't a repeat offense, I think I should tell my boss about the medical problem...

>>56481744
>>
>>56481540

I agree with this.
>>
>>56481789
also btw am grossly oversimplifying that job as often is included with several other software packages + updates, drivers and all that, but you get the idea.
>>
>>56481789
Make a checklist for common tasks like this, even if you think you don't need it. It definitely helps until you have it comitted to memory
>>
>>56481912
I already do this, I just feel like what I do I just occasionally make mistakes here or there.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.