[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Website Hosting and Management

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: heroes-by-night.jpg (63KB, 550x511px) Image search: [Google]
heroes-by-night.jpg
63KB, 550x511px
Hey, /g/!

I'm a fa/tg/uy who wants to publish his own Pen & Paper RPG sometime soon. I have advanced far enough in development by now to start a product website soonly and I would like some advice regarding how to proceed from here.

As I see it, it's fine if the whole starts out merely as a developer's blog. However, I want the whole thing to be scalable in case the game is successfully launched: webshop, forums, banner ads, multi-lingual support, etc.

What technologies do I choose NOW to avoid excessive hassle LATER? A specific platform/CMS? Wordpress? TYPO3? Anything else?

You may assume solid programming skills, just no signifciant familiarity with HMTL/CSS/JavaScript/PHP/etc. Also, I would like to administrate the website with a medium amount of work for the foreseeable future - my focus is the actual product after all.

Can you help a neckbeard out?
>>
File: grumpy-rpg.jpg (107KB, 800x802px) Image search: [Google]
grumpy-rpg.jpg
107KB, 800x802px
Gentle Bump
>>
Use Wordpress, it allows you to blog and have a basic website to start off. Then you can add Ecommerce with Woocommerce later on.

I setup the website for a new 3d printing company specializing in wargames. We tried a bunch of different systems but you can fit anything to wordpress so we went with that in the end.

Email [email protected] if you need some help, don't mind the lewd email address
>>
>>56465817
No usefull advice
Only a bump and a good luck!
>>
>>56466415
Thanks, email address saved!

Since I am German, multilingual support is a must have and I read Wordpress plugins regarding that are kludgy. Also... doesn't it have an anti-advertisement policy?
>>
>>56466712
It has great multilingual support in the back end, but I haven't dealt with it much. WP is used widely though so there must be some good plugins for it. Try looking at paid ones, they can be ~$80 US but can sometimes be really worth it.

Theres no anti-advertisment policy I know of. If you host it yourself, its open source so you can do whatever you want with it

Good luck with your RPG system, me and my friends play occasionally and can never settle on a system
>>
>>56465817
Design you're new website at SquareSpace.COMâ„¢
>>
>>56467356
Seems to be more suitable for simple sites, scalability a weak point.
>>
>>56465817
>Sex Drugs and D&D
The hand is the 'sex', right?
>>
>>56472048
Gee golly whizz anon, you're pretty clever :^)
>>
>>56472048
sex (no airquotes implied) involving hands can be fun though, anon
>>
>>56465817
>scalable
Buzzword bingo
>>
Super detailed step by step guide to hosting wordpress on the cheap a /biz/nessman made.
https://www.bettrfastr.com/setting-site-right-way-registrar-email-dns-hosting/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.