[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

you need w10 to watch iphone 7 live event

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 12

File: maxrhfghesdefault.jpg (550KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
maxrhfghesdefault.jpg
550KB, 3840x2160px
These fools want me to believe my $2k win7 gaming pc cant handle a live stream

>in reality none of their computers in their showroom can compete with my pc

When i had an iphone 5 i shelved it and used a nokia 3310 instead coz the 3310 has sms delivery notification

to put an mp3 on an iphone is more complex than surgery

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2016/09/06/watch-apples-iphone-7-event-live/
>>
>>56465464
This posts reads like it was written by someone with schizophrenia. Get checked. Not even joking.
>>
whatever, you can probably get .mpls something file and stream it using a mediaplayer
>>
>microsoft edge on windows 10
I guess they only want people who are stupid enough to actually buy an iPhone to be watching it.
>>
>windows 10
>to watch apple's live stream
Pottery
>>
>>56465572
not even in 10 years can the apple iphone match the functionality of a 2014 mid range android
>>
>>56465594
Being this autistic
>>
>>56465572
It works on Safari if you would actually read the article, Edge is the only supported browser in Windows
>>
>>56465594
like what? give examples.
>>
>>56465594
you're so delusional

t. someone who's been using Nexus 4 since its release up until now (switched to a 6S)
>>
>>56465594
ios has imessage as to android has what?
>>
>>56465464

You're all morons, its because Safari and Edge are the only browsers that support HLS video streams.
>>
>>56467488
Filesystem access. Torrents. Modded apps. Customizability. Third party app sources. Transfer files without iTunes.
>>56467557
There are so many messaging apps. Don't be retarded.
>>
>>56467586
1. No. We do those things on a computer. not on a mobile phone.

2. 3rd party apps? Apple has its own messaging service as android doesnt have one. Plain simple.
>>
>>56465594

Android phones don't function though. A small percentage of Android devices are flagship 2.8 jiggahertz octa-core 6GB DDR4 RAM phones.

The majority of Android globally is still $250 5mp camera lagshit phones and <$100 Pajeet's first phone.
>>
2016 and android still doesnt have their own messaging system. They have to rely on 4rd party companies (usually with ads).
>>
>>56467538
>switched to a 6S
>I am a fucking retard.
>>
>>56467607
1. I can quickly do some of these tasks without having to go grab my laptop and it makes things alot more efficient. Also your counterpoint only covers my first 2 items.
2. Hangouts is built in if you want to use it, or you can download a third party app.
>>
>>56467586
>filesystem access
good
>torrents
i still don't see the point of torrenting on phones
>modded apps
yeah, Pajeet's enhanced Youtube sure must feel great
>customizability
a phone isn't a fashion statement. And on top of that, getting to whatever you want directly from home screen is always gonna be faster than whatever you riced out
>third party app sources
that's also possible on iOS
>transfer files without itunes
that would be nice

then again, iPhone
>UI that smashes Android's to bits and pieces, making it look like an intern's side project
>camera
>iOS versions of apps are always more polished, as developers focus more on them
>seamless integration with other apple products (ecosystem concept doesn't exist on Android's side)
>>
>>56467607
Why should an OS include a messaging app?
>>
>>56467607
Is this bad bait that op still took for some reason?
Is this whole thead bait?
>>56467668
>>
>>56467654
fuck you, i'm enjoying it
while ios is somewhat retarded ocassionally it does exactly what i want it to do, better than Android did
>>
>>56467687
>yeah, pajeet's enhanced YouTube sure must feel great
If by that you mean the free YouTube red background playback and adblock then yeah, it's awesome.
>>
>>56465486
you took the words out of my mouth
>>56467640
>>56467668
You missed the key point- which is that nobody fucking cares about Google Hangouts or that gay shit in the US. iMessage is far superior than SMS, and while Telegram and other solutions are better, nobody uses them. It goes down to daily active users- since it's built-in to the OS and default. The hot white girls have iPhones, so naturally anyone that wants to talk to a hot white girl gets an iPhone.
>>
>>56467650
>4rd

Fucking foreigners.
>>
>>56467668
i think u can do better with a windows mobile device. torrenting on a mobile phone drains battery.

What do you need modded apps and customizability for? Third party apps - what for?
>>
>>56467687
>>UI that smashes Android's to bits and pieces, making it look like an intern's side project
No. Apple UI looks like a child toy. Pretty bad. Android had better design since 4+
>>camera
Have you seen latest Android phone cameras? You must have missed them.
>>seamless integration with other apple products
be more specific
>>
>>56467695
because its a telecommunication device? a phone specifically?
>>
>>56467709
>background playback
>listening to music on youtube
you must hate your ears
>>
>>56465464
Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>56467750
Once you try it it's very hard to go back to not having it. It's not just for music.
>>
>>56467735
>No. Apple UI looks like a child toy. Pretty bad. Android had better design since 4+

This statement is subjective in nature.
>>
>>56467586
iFile (android can't too on device). Transmission (same). Cydia. Cydia. Cydia. There are many alternative apps.
>>
>>56467705
Enjoy your new cute emojis :^)
>>56467749
Yeah nice. iphones must be the only telecommunication devices by that logic, your messaging app works only on iphones.
>>
>>56467770
His(or your) statement against Android's design is subjective by nature too.
>>
>>56467781
>Android can't too on device
Wrong.
Have fun breaking out of the jail apple created for you though
>>
>>56467783
ofcourse. it u want to contact othres, u can always call them. =)

or even download a 3rd party app to do so.
>>
Seriously Applel fanboys. Your only argument is updates, use that as much as you can, as you will get rekt in every other aspect.
>>
>>56467735
look, i'm >>56467538
i've used every single android from the days of cupcake
iOS' interface feels way more user friendly and faster

as for the camera, yes, Android phones are finally starting to catch up, i'll give you that

>seamless integration
iCloud keychain, Airdrop, and that one thing the name of which i forgot, it lets you continue with whatever content you had open on your phone when you switch to a pc seamlessly
>>
>>56467795
Well i meant by default.
>>
>>56467793
I didnt have any statements against android. All i said are facts.
>>
>>56467808
Even in that aspect, instant updates on Nexus.
>>
I forget, do orders for the new iphones go up straight away? or is there an announcement and then they open orders at a later date?
>>
>>56467808
Here we go again. Like i said earlier, in what aspect?

Pls elaborate and give examples.
>>
>>56467817
Wrong. There's a built in file explorer on 6.0.1+
>>
>>56467607
>>56467687
>being this retarded
Smartphones are made to give semi-PC functionality. If you think it's a good thing not to be able to access files on a device locally then you're an idiot. Even 10 year old dumbphones can do that. Which puts iPhones in dumbphone tier. There are currently no advantages in using iPhones, especially because Android phones are simply more functional and available between price ranges of $50-$1000 to satisfy your every hardware need, including "muh camera" since a lot of Android phones do have a significantly better camera than iPhones. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a very modifiable phone. But if you want "just a phone", there are cheaper alternatives to iPhones which pretty much do everything important an iPhone would.
>>
>>56467802
which makes your messaging app pretty much useless.
>>56467811
>catch up
They have passed Apple a few years ago.
>>56467818
you don't like the design, so you make it fact that iOS has better design? typical fanboy
>>
I don't think you people realize that chrome and firefox simply do not have the http stream standard that apple uses for streaming because they're super special.

You CAN however watch it with youtube-dl and mpv just fine.
>>
>>56467841
great job quoting my post and completely ignoring my points, even though i did agree with filesystem access, fuckwit
>>
>>56467834
read up the entire thread. Every iOS argument was either bs or subjective statements.
>>
>>56467851
https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles
yeah, they're playing catchup
only the most recent released android phones have passed the 6S, a 2015 phone, and iphone 7 is just around the corner
>>
>>56467840
Well I'm wrong. Even though hiding it in settings submenu is a bad choice; it's not really settings. And aren't most people still using 4 and 5?
>>
>>56467862
It made me think you meant "good, I don't want one", since that's a typical argument for iPhone fans who behave like iPhones are the definition of phones and any additional features provided by Android phones are unnecessary and "THAT'S why iPhones are better". It makes no sense to say the less features a device has the better it is, which is what most people who shill iPhones think, or at least post that here.
>>
>>56467720

iMessage is a fucking mess. It's given me more headaches over the past two years than anything else to do with the phone.
>>
>>56467811
>Android phones are finally starting to catch up,
The S7 and Note 7 have the best camera on any phone right now.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 326x326px
>>56467795
Oh look at my autism. I have to be able to hack the Gibson from my phone and if you can't ur an faget. I have a nexus tablet on 4.4.4 because 5.0.1 was too much for it to handle and a 6S. iPhone doesn't fucking crash every time I have 3 apps open. I like the jail they put me in. It's a controlled environment that jest werks. It's a lot more than I can say about any android device I use. When I want to be in control of every aspect of something I'll save it for my Gentoo server. When I use my phone which is a communications device I want it to do the thing I'm requesting it to do and not freak out like some sperg lord being asked to clean his room.
>>
>>56467962
S6, LG v10(again released in 2015) have better cameras too
>>
>>56467607
Then what the fuck is the point of buying a $800 dollar iPhone if you can do it on a computer
>>
>>56468005
Bitches love iphones.
>>
>>56467868
like apple has its own messagins service as to android does not have its own?
>>
File: 1472340941820.jpg (65KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1472340941820.jpg
65KB, 500x371px
>a fucking
>a
>motherfucking
>IPHONE 7 LIVE EVENT
>requires DRM to play

All of my WeW lads. I guess applel holds their events in regards to the highest quality cinema, or sports events.

And they require WINSHIT to beat it all.
>>
>>56467851
1. the issure is whether the company has its own messaging service. Apple has while android has none.

3. Design is subjective in nature.
>>
>>56468005
Is there something wrong with an $800 phone?
>>
>>56467841
there is no need to access filesyste. I have iphone and i dont have a need an access to afile system.

Obviously u must be doing some things which i dont.
>>
>>56468327
Google has multiple messaging services. The problem is that none are essentially opted in defaults with the usability of iMessage. Now they're trying to replace Hangouts as a messaging app with Duo/Allo, further fragmenting Android's already crowded Google messaging app landscape.

It doesn't help that Apple promised to make iMessage an interoperable standard, then reneged on that promise, which allowed iMessage to gain a foothold as competitors waited to integrate with Apple, only to find that Apple (as per usual) was full of shit.
>>
>>56468415
Apple will never allow imessage to interoperate with others.
>>
File: a.png (14KB, 328x205px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
14KB, 328x205px
>See you on the 7th.
?
>>
>>56468387
Why do you still eat shit from your hands?
>>
>>56468415
>Apple promised to make iMessage an interoperable standard

Nope, that was FaceTime in 2010. Steve Jobs said it would become an open standard and it never did. iMessage debuted the following year with no such promises.
>>
Just use a user agent switcher on chrome to spoof being on win 10 or osx
>>
>>56467760
What's the app called? I want to try it
>>
>>56468474
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOxf9tEXEKQ
Now for the Facetime bit Apple fans will generally blame the VimetX patent trolling as far as why the open standard bit didn't come to pass.

>>56468522
Mea culpa. Still, Apple is always full of shit. At least with iMessage they didn't promise it.
>>
Why don't you open a liveblog in a background tab while you do something actually worthwhile instead?
>>
>>56468536
It's an xposed module called YouTube background playback.
>>
>>56467965
>I like the jail it puts me in
Sounds like the typical macfag
>>
why would you want to watch it
>>
So what happens to /g/ when iPhone 7 is confirmed to be actually good?
>>
>>56468627
/g/ will continue being a circle jerk for portage, NEETs, neckbeards, and gaymurs
>>
>>56467687
>iphone
>ui that smashes android's to bits and pieces
>fisher-price bullshit beating an actual ui to bits and pieces
I kek at your faggotry, shill jew.
>>
>taking poorfag bait

Dont you ever learn /g/? These poorfags cant afford iPhones, they never used one. They dont know how superior it is but its not their fault, some people are just more fortunate than other
>>
Why are you using outdated software? You have only yourself to blame.
>>
>>56468511
??
>>
>>56467939
But that is true. iPhones can do 99.9% of the things a smartphone needs to do. And they do it way better than android.

Sure there is a few useless shit like ricing that android has and iPhones dont have, but those are only appealing to manchildren and you typical gamer kid
>>
>>56465464
>>56465594
>>56467586
>>56468387

today some older dude asked me to put some personal vids from a dvd disc to his iPad his niece bought for him.
>Rip dvd, convert it to mp4 for ipad.
>Upload it to file hosting, because it's probably imposible to stick into iPad via usb.
>Open up sfari, open up hosting.
>What do you mean it's not possible to download a file to an ipad?
>check with google.
>iPad has no accessible filesystem
>try usb, you can grab files from device, not the other way around
>download 3rd party app from apstore, finally save video to camera roll
jeesus man, what the fuck is this? Dark ages?
also another fun fact, you can only email 5 pictures at a time from an iphone :/
>>
>>56469121
>>download 3rd party app from apstore, finally save video to camera roll
But thats how it works. There is always an app for that. (including email more than 5 pictures)
>>
>>56469121
seriously. just teach him how to use itunes,
>>
>>56469121
>it's probably imposible to stick into iPad via usb.
Wrong assumption. You could have done it in 5 minutes in iTunes. Seems like you're too retarded to use Google correctly.
>>
>>56469173
he does not have a pc/mac/whatever

he' an old artist with an iPad

I myself will not install itunes ever again on my work pc, fuck that shit
>>
File: ashasha.png (311KB, 1858x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ashasha.png
311KB, 1858x1080px
>IMPLYING
>>
>>56469162
why should you have to use a 3rd party app to just access your file directory? that sounds retarded
>>
>>56469250
well. not my problem.
>>
>>56469249
why the fuck should I install 2 sets of fucking software just to download a fucking 140MB file on to a goddamn portable device.
Even my neighbor's old ass nokia could download different shit, without filesize limitations from fucking wap pages.
An that phone is almost 14 years old.
>>
>>56469173
>itunes
wew, so glad i got out of that bullshit
>>
>>56469250
just use online cloud. like dropbox.
>>
>>56469296
Why? There is an app for that :^)
>>
>>56469121
>too dumb to know how iOS works
>blames device

ok
>>
>>56469319
why should i need an app to perform system functions
>>
>>56469269
what browser
>>
>>56469269
>>56469339
Mozarella furryfox
>>
>>56469339
>>56469348
how though
>>
>>56469338
Because there is app for that :^)
>>
File: 1409211274928.gif (852KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1409211274928.gif
852KB, 500x500px
>>56465594
Stop being a fanboy... It hurts to watch.
>>
>>56465464
I would have preferred the second camera to be at the bottom of the phone so you could get augmented reality without any further processing. Do such phones exist?
>>
>>56469367
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/user-agent-switcher/
>>
>>56467687
>a phone isn't a fashion statement.
>he says this about the iPhone

xD xD xDx D xD xD xDx xDDDXDXD
>>
>>56468910
iPhones are appealing only to tech illiterates, which is disgusting since humans are a technological race. You're basically a failure if you're just a typical consumer instead of actually understanding technology to a certain degree. Calling people names just because you're stupid and have to use baby phones won't accomplish anything. Android lets you do twice as many things as iphones, many useful things and isn't restrictive as iphones are. Just because you're too illiterate to use them doesn't mean everyone is. There's absolutely nothing iphones are good at which androids cannot do equally as well. The only thing iphones have is powerful hardware, but you've said it yourself that they are just phones so hardware shouldn't matter at all especially since it's not even a big difference.
Thing is android phones have a very broad use and iFags always say everything they do is useless, but as soon as an iphone gets a new feature, no matter how useless it is, they are all over it. It's better having more options and a choice, rather than being constricted by Apple.
>>
>>56469570
tech illiterates are the ones who dont know how to use itunes.
>>
>>56469547
how do I get the addon to work?
>>
>>56469570
>iPhones are appealing only to tech illiterates
Gonna need source for that

>Calling people names just because you're stupid and have to use baby phones won't accomplish anything.
But that is exactly what you are doing

>Android lets you do twice as many things as iphones, many useful things and isn't restrictive as iphones are.

And they are all useless gimmicks, only appealing to ricer kids
There is literally nothing a smartphone needs to do that iPhones cant do.

>There's absolutely nothing iphones are good at which androids cannot do equally as well.
There are many, many things.
One being getting software updates.

>as soon as an iphone gets a new feature, no matter how useless it is, they are all over it.
Because it just werks

>It's better having more options and a choice, rather than being constricted by Apple.
What is actually better is using what is best. In the case of a smartphone, the best is an iPhone.
If there was any other phone that was better, I would use it.
>>
>>56467565
Why are they using a fucking weird format that only 2 fucking browsers support? Are they retarded or something?
>>
>>56469703
Apple is not about universal support. Its about the best experience.
>>
>>56469703
Yes, they are.
>>
>>56469665
http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/help/#user-agents
>>
>>56469668
>no real arguments
Smartphones are literally becoming more convenient laptops. You have no business on this board if you think iPhones are serious smartphones, they're just regular phones which are years behind. Have fun paying three times more for less content.
>>
>>56469703
Google doesn't support HLS because they're backing MPEG-DASH instead.

Firefox doesn't support it because MUH PATENTS.
>>
>>56469764
the real question is... what is better?
>>
>>56469758
>faster than any android phone
>best looking UI
>applications consistent with the system UI
>better optimized apps
>more practical UI (one layered home-screen/dedicated widget tab/swipe to return/3d touch)
>does everything I need
>just works
>doesnt lag
>pretty much the best build quality on market
>great camera/screen/SoC/storage
>great design
>software updates for years and years
>almost no depreciation
>more secure/encrypted
>apple isnt interested in selling my data for ad money
>best 1st & 3rd and dev party support
>imessage/Higher social status

Yeah, no reason to own an iPhone. Call me back when android stops being a laggy piece of shit.
>>
>>56469813
They're not all that different. MPEG-DASH supports more codecs than HLS (which is H.264/AAC centric) but that's mainly it.

Of course Google backs anything that isn't H.264/AAC.
>>
>>56469367
It's call useragent spoofing

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/42.0.2311.135 Safari/537.36 Edge/12.10136

Umartix can also do this.
>>
>>56469851
h.265 is definitely the way forward.
>>
>>56469819
>software updates for years and years

Like the ones apple will push out soon to make your iphone6 unusable so you'll buy their latest phone?
>>
>>56469819
>>best looking UI
kek
come back when it doesn't look like a toy for kids
>>
>>56469894
>this is what poorfags believe

Yet somehow my 2012 iPhone 5 is running perfectly on iOS9.3.5

Android has many good things, but you cant possibly defend the lack of software updates.
>>
I am just hoping someone posts a stream link.
>>
>>56469917
Not a poorfag, a previous apple customer who's seen it happen first hand
>>
>>56469915
You mean like material design? lel
>floating buttons in the middle of the content
>wasted white space everywhere
Not even devs know how to use that.

At least iOS devs know how to make a good looking app with Apples guidelines.

Half of android apps look like bad iOS ports the other half is a roller coaster of inconsistent design.
>>
>>56469972
a non issue since i can make android look however i like
>>
>>56469951
If what you said is true you are doing something seriously wrong. Or maybe its a defective unit, take it to the store and get a new one.

Any device with an A6 or higher can run any iOS released right now without a problem.
>>
File: SAGE.png (40KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
SAGE.png
40KB, 800x600px
>>56467726
>Third party apps - what for?
>Doesn't even think about cydia
SAGE goes in every field
>>
>>56469992
You can change how apps look?

You can change your homescreen or system UI at beast just to make it even more inconsistent.
>>
>>56470015
That includes Cydia.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-06-09-24-13.png (56KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-06-09-24-13.png
56KB, 540x960px
So far today; before I left for school I tethered my phone via usb to my desktop to browse the internet for a bit. Unplugged it, and shut it off, inserted my second sim card because my main one is full of .flac. when I got to school I torrented readout and the Talos principle because their connection is way better then my home one. Then I switched my sd cards back to the music one. Now I'm using clover to lurk and write this. On the way home ill use AIMP to play my flacs. At home ill tether to use my $65 unlimited data since it's my main connection.

I can do almost none of these very routine things on a iPhone. My phone is a moto e second gen 4g that I got for $17.
>>
I can't even load http://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2016/ on my mac, what the fuck Apple
>>
>>56470103
Are you using Safari?
>>
>>56469269

As spoofing the user agent is going to magically implement HLS support too.

(unless you're using firefox-hls, in which case I tip my fedora to you, fellow Anonimo)
>>
File: SAGE.png (380KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
SAGE.png
380KB, 800x600px
>>56470015
>>56470083
>What do you need modded apps and customizability for?
>Third party apps - what for?
This literally says "Why should I customize/modify my phone for?" and "Why use a third party store?"

Cydia is not spoken of anywhere in that post, please check it yourself.
>>
>>56470123
Yup. I just get thrown into an endless refresh loop
>>
>>56469819
>faster
This isn't 2012, Android phones are no longer laggy.
>best looking UI
You realise you're retarded right? Looks are completely subjective.
>applications consistent with UI
This is true, but nobody really cares. As long as an app has a good interface it doesn't matter if it's consistent.
>better optimised apps
Depends on the developers. But I agree most apple devs are better and more serious. Performance isn't really noticeably different when it comes to apps.
>more practical UI
Completely subjective.
>does everything *I* need
Again, subjective.
>just works
So do other phones.
>doesn't lag
Again, it's been years since laggy phones have been released. At least when it comes to serious companies.
>best build quality
No it isn't
>great camera, screen, storage
But isn't best camera, screen or storage. Inb4 who cares, you obviously do care what's "the best".
>great design
Subjective.
>software updates
Unnecessary. As if most people keep their phones for over 4 years. Only a single person I know has ever updated their phone.
As for the rest. Android phones have additional apps which they can use to encrypt data and system well. There's no such thing as "the most secure" phone, vulnerabilities can be found everywhere and a device is as secure as it's owner makes it be. Apple actually does "sell" data to government agencies and allows them to break encryption.
>higher social status
Sure, the 1% of people you ever met who actually give a shit what phone you have. Only idiots care about that.
>>
>>56470164
what do you need cydia for? its just a smartphone. it can call. it can message. what else?
>>
>>56470475
What else?
This is not a phone anymore, it's a portable touch computer with phone calling and messaging capabilities
It's not a phone anymore, but a computer

And I want to be able to do whatever I want on my computer, If I'm not able to even install a non-official app without exploiting security holes, then I'm not going to buy that, it's not a computer anymore, but an interactive toy.
>>
>>56470533
it was desinged as a smartphone. not a computer. meant to operate as a smartphone.

but you are free to do as anything u wish.

a proper computer will do better. rather than using a smartphone.
>>
Is there a system wide adblocker for iOS as comfy as AdAway?
>>
File: LRAF-vmgMk0.jpg (106KB, 900x902px) Image search: [Google]
LRAF-vmgMk0.jpg
106KB, 900x902px
>androids itt justifying taste absence with subjectivity
Same ugly fonts on Nougat, nothing has changed. Great functionality though.
But you know what, iOS is catching up. The ios10 music app looks utter shit.
>>
>>56470607
I don't know what you mean by systemwide, but 1Blocker is the best one for Safari.
>>
>>56470618
>taste absence
>OS that can be made to look however you like vs OS that always looks the same
>>
>>56465486
CIA NIGGER
>>
>>56470415
>Not the best storage
Aside from that, I agree 100%
>>
>>56470415
Different people have different needs. I wasnt talking for the general user. I was talking about my needs on a smartphone.

The guy said you have to be tech illiterate to like iPhones, but that just stupid rationalization that people here because they want to hate apple at all costs. Sure Android gives you more options, but there are still many things Android could learn from iOS.
>>
>>56465464
Newsflash it has nothing to do with hardware.
>>
>>56470644
Better than Purify?
>>
>>56467607
It has SMS message, why would I want anything else?
>>
>>56470740
Why are americans still using this shit
>>
>>56470740
yes. afterall its a phone.
>>
>>56470740
>SMS message
Top lel.
>>
>>56470749
Why not?
>>
>>56466077
See this thread for watching with VLC on pc.
>>
Fucking idiots

stream here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUJVJPC-ZWUgyWCR6t5A5rA/live
>>
>>56470781
>paying for text messages
>paying for such an insecure non-encrypted messaging system
Oh my, green bubble friends sure are 'tarded these days.
>>
File: Untitled.png (941KB, 1688x791px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
941KB, 1688x791px
>>56470801
But I put in so much effort...
Damn you anon.
>>
>>56470781
Its shit compared to internet based messenger.

No wonder apple is so popular there, iMessage is infinitely superior to this.
>>
vlc links

HIGH RESOLUTION: http://appleliveevents-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/222436/1609lijbsdfvoihbadfvohbsdfvljhb/master/4500/4500.m3u8?t=YWxpc2FtaXg=

LOW RESOLUTION: http://appleliveevents-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/222436/1609lijbsdfvoihbadfvohbsdfvljhb/master/1800/1800.m3u8?t=YWxpc2FtaXg=

obviouslyt wont work until the event starts
>>
>>56470816
>paying for text messages
They're unlimited with basically any plan
>paying for such an insecure non-encrypted messaging system
You get them anyway, why not use them? Plus literally everyone has SMS. If I didn't use SMS I'd need Kik to message some people, BBM to message others, Facebook Messenger to message some, Snapchat to message others, etc.

>>56470839
See above
>>
File: woody.jpg (7KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
woody.jpg
7KB, 261x195px
>>56467586
>you can access the filesystem on old Symbian Nokia phones and can't on AppleĀ® IOS
>>
>>56470692
I should have specified, Android lets you use external storage. I just find that very useful.
>>56470721
>there are still many things Android could learn from iOS.
I agree. Honestly I like iPhones, but personally I need some things only Android phones provide. I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of hardware quality for more software options.
>>56470816
Most providers give free SMS messages, usually at least a thousand or unlimited depending on your plan. And a lot of people don't need an encrypted messaging system, otherwise they wouldn't use SMS. There are always additional apps and services for encrypted messaging if you ever need them. Obviously, nobody uses it for day to day communication like you would use an IM app, but it's still used by older people for example.
>>
>>56470875
>See above
Its not about that. Its just that SMS is shit. I know people there use it and it works for you but there is no denying how inferior it is.

No proper file/picture/document/video/music sharing or groupchats, audio message, backup.

If I was american I would have an iPhone just because of iMessage.
>>
>>56470954
It doesn't matter how much more advanced instant messaging is, SMS is and will be superior to IM clients until everyone uses the same one.
>>
so is there a fucking media stream for vlc? I want to see the new iphone w/o headphonejack
>>
>>56471068
>>56470867
>>
>>56471041
>everyone uses the same one.
In most places people use whatsapp. But that is why I said if was american I would have an iPhone, since everyone seems to be using SMS still, at least iMessage will provide a better experience most of the time.
>>
>>56471135
>In most places people use whatsapp
That's not the case in the US. Nobody I know even knows what WhatsApp is.
>>
>>56471227
Yes I know, I meant other countries.
>>
>>56471308
I know you did, my point is that the US has no universal IM like most countries do, and that until this changes SMS is the best due to it being universal.
>>
>>56471041
SIM cards are a very old concept. Until they are improved SMS/MMS will be terrible. IM allows you to send free messages around the world, while SMS is limited to your country. Until it's globalised it won't be as good as IM services. You can still argue everyone uses different IM app, but almost everyone has Facebook these days. So even if they don't have the fb messenger, they will still receive the message once they get to their PC. I'm not sure about the situation in America, but here everyone has fb messenger even if they use WhatsApp or viber.
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.