[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tablets with styluses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1461831577399167253.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1461831577399167253.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
Hey /g/, do you have experience about tablets with styluses? What do you use them for?

I am thinking of getting Teclast X16 Pro with stylus to make study notes and watch youtube. Whats your take on the idea?

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_261673.html
>$239.98
>>
>>56465079
Listing says it doesn't come with the pen or keyboard and I can't find any info of it having an active digitizer.

I got the Surface 3 (Atom), makes a good poorfag's Cintiq. Had the Surface 1 Pro before and the pen had bad parallax issues and the 16:9 aspect ratio makes portrait use a joke.
The keyboard is decent with good clicky keys, the trackpad is very responsive to movement and gestures but it's too small.
I use mine as a netbook and a drawing tablet in one, but it is pricey for the specs you get.

The Atom is pretty slow, it will lag on some heavy sites on Edge, but perfectly fine in Chrome, youtube has no problem since the Atom has hardware decode support for up to 4K videos so YouTube is fine in Edge (chrome defaults to VP9 software decode).

I prefer N-trig for drawing, but for note taking, Wacom penabled wins.

If you want to go chink, there's some by Cube and Chuwi.
>>
>>56465202
thank you for good reply. Good fortune will come to you.
>>
>>56465079
Don't do it. I bought a Samsung note 10.4 thinking I would use it to take handwritten notes and shit, but it's impossible to write both fast, small, and not like a 6 year old all at the same time.
I use it to watch anime and play chess, basically a galaxy tab at 50% of the price would've done fine.
>>
Asking if anyone has the surface pro 4. Worth it?
>>
>>56465079
Don't do it
>>56466480
This

I was in the same boat as you. I thought I'd buy some chink shit for cheap and have a grand time using it for notes. No, wrong. I eventually settled on getting a surface pro 3 and it was exactly what I really wanted. I would definitely recommend the surface pro for that kind of stuff, it has an amazing stylus
>>
I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 w/ S-pen
4:3 aspect ratio is godly and I don't give a fuck about 766p res because I'm not a millennial low testosterone queer
>>
does anyone have any experience using a thinkpad tablet 2 as a portable drawing tablet? i''ve been considering getting one for this purpose. pros are it's relatively thin and light, cheap, fanless, good battery life, and it doesn't use n-trig. cons are it's low power, 16:9 and low res. i think i could deal with the low performance and resolution but i'll be mostly using it in portrait orientation and am a bit worried about the aspect ratio.
>>
>>56466821
Its garbage, the digitizer in inaccurate as fuck even with more comprehensive calibration, Clovertrail is way too fucking slow and its not built anything like a thinkpad. Battery life is around 6 hours but it drains almost as fast in standby mode. Please for the love of god, avoid that pile of shit.
>>
>>56465079
I have a venue 8 pro, but it supports only a shitty synaptics stylus that I never even used
>>
this seems pretty cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5qP2SL-r-g
>>
File: bamboo_slate_gallery_1.jpg (134KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
bamboo_slate_gallery_1.jpg
134KB, 960x640px
>>56467148
Wacom literally announced this one day after the Yoga.
Same concept but works with any tablet or smartphone you pair to it. Available in A4 and A5 sizes.
>>
>>56467228
>Available in A4 and A5 sizes
Thank god a company with common sense. Lenovo GimmickBook has a shitty 16:10 aspect ratio screen
>>
>>56467071
>Its garbage, the digitizer in inaccurate as fuck even with more comprehensive calibration
are you just talking about the parallax issue that all wacom devices have or is it especially bad even in comparison to other wacom devices?

>Clovertrail is way too fucking slow and its not built anything like a thinkpad.
i can run photoshop cs6 fine on my x61t, would it really be that much worse than that? i'd also probably be using it almost exclusively for line work, so minimal layers and no complex brushes.
>>
>>56467473
I suggest just staying with the X61t. The CPU is a lot slower, it's a dual core Atom with in-order execution, performance is barely better than those Netbooks from 2008. The parallax and edge response is a lot worse than the X61 Tablet. I'm sure there is enough performance for earlier versions of Photoshop like CS2, but I rather spend a little more and get a used Surface Pro 2.

If you're still thinking about getting the TPT2 be aware that there are some that doesn't come with the Wacom digitizer, touch only and a lot of sellers don't seem to list it properly.
>>
Bump, can I take notes with a S-Pen using Papyrus app?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.