[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Alienware Alpha R2 Is this good value for someone who does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: alienware_alpha_2.jpg (68KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
alienware_alpha_2.jpg
68KB, 1600x900px
>Alienware Alpha R2

Is this good value for someone who does NOT want to build there own PC?

I will be switching from Apple back to PC but just want something I can buy that is good value for money (under $2,000) that will just work and have decent performance.

Is there any other gaming machines under $2k that I should consider over the Alpha that have even better bang for buck?

>Processor
Intel® Core™ i7 6700T Processor (Quad-Core, 8MB Cache, up to 3.6GHz w/ Turbo Boost)

>OS
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit English

>Memory2
16GB Single Channel DDR4 2133MHz (16GBx1)

>HD
512GB PCIe Solid State Drive

>Video Card
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960 GPU with 4GB DDR5

>PRICE
$1,850AUD
>>
plz respond
>>
>>56463078
It's terrible value

Don't buy Alienware
>>
>>56463078
I built a computer with better components then that last year for $1500. Just get off your lazy ass, save some money, and build your own damn computer, a monkey could do it
>>
>>56463078
You're limited to a single monitor. Unless you want to use USB adapters.

I have an R1 (i5 4590T / 8GB / 500GB SSD) Actually, I have a few of the R1's. Good enough for $399 US.

The other concern I have is the single DIMM slot. Not dual channel, which limits memory bandwidth.

Is it enough to matter? Up to you.
>>
>>56463272

I am only going to be using it for video editing, dual monitors may be beneficial in the future.. Is there a downside to using USB adapters?
>>
>>56463078
No, its shit and you should feel shit for being too lazy to spend half hour to put a PC together yourself.
Now get the fuck off of 4chan you underaged piece of shit.
>>
>>56463172
What they said

Just don't be lazy and build your own. Get sales on parts, save even more and build a beast then use the rest of the saved money for beer, weed, and Neden
>>
>>56463078
jesus, a gtx 960 in a $1850 pc? my pc was ~$1700 aud and has a gtx 1080. that's an awful value.
>>
>>56463078
Get the zotac box that's the best choice
>>
It would probably be cheaper to buy everything and call geeksquad to do it kek

or I think they do that on newegg
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.