[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All of the distro threads are dumb Autists complaining about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (636KB, 2500x1572px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
636KB, 2500x1572px
All of the distro threads are dumb

Autists complaining about the smallest of differences and blowing them up as if they actually matter.

Real question time. If the Linux community were to do a complete overhaul like apple and Windows do each time they come out with a new version, what would be changed and what would look different? Remember, these changes would affect all distros.

also, what is a common thing throughout all distros you think everyone would want to see? Think mostly about the basic mechanics and what you hate about going from one distro to the next.

Basically, what would an official gnu/linux distro for the whole community look like?
>>
>>56461572
>what is a common thing throughout all distros you think everyone would want to see?
systemd
>>
>>56461572
NixOS or some other container based distro
>>
>>56461582
This, pretty much. Uniformity and stability are what we need across all distros.
>>
>>56461582
That's a given. The most backwards of autists would not have a say. They would want shit like portage and other garbage. Linux should be for progress, lagging behind is for bsd.
>>
>>56461572
>>56461617
Bedrock Linux is the objectively best distro but it doesn't have a 1.0 release yet.
>>
>>56461572
>what would an offical gnu/Linux distro for the whole community look like?

For one thing, the diversity in distros shows that people have different uses for how they want their system to behave.

But I'd imagine the majority of them would want a simple out-of-the-box, stable OS with some nice visual frills. It would probably act like OSX without the weird, custom BSD shit.
>>
Some people actually go out of there way to find normie-deterent distros. So, I don't know if this would be 100% possible.

However, I would expect that >>56461787 is mostly correct.

I feel like the most popular distro would be something highly customizable, but equally noob friendly.

> Load up iso
> Noob or nah? (if noob: Gnome and done)
> Select options (DE / Shell / etc.)
> Select programs (if any)
> Encrypt?
> done.jpg

Honestly, everyone would probably work together easier if free(tm) and open-source was all everyone did.
>>
>>56461572
We must first destroy Ubuntu
>>
>>56461787
>act like OS X
Mac OS has the worst window management of any desktop still in use.

>>56461853
>Gnome
I hope you mean MATE.
>>
I think a universal package manager would move Linux toward a better future.
>>
>>56461904
That's easily replaced. You can even write scripts on top of OSX currently to fix that.
I was talking more of the soft animations and gesture sport. People eat that up.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.