[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Major for Future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: latin-meme-degree.mp4.download.jpg (62KB, 500x533px) Image search: [Google]
latin-meme-degree.mp4.download.jpg
62KB, 500x533px
What's the best tech major going to be in 5 years (can have business stuff)? I'm about to select my major and I want to try to position myself at the forefront of something interesting and profitable when I hopefully graduate in 6 years.

Was going to do web design (already made several websites) but I think the field is oversaturated already, much less in half a decade.

Any /g/ suggestions?
>>
>>56460886
>thinking a degree will get you anywhere
You fell for the university meme
>>
>>56460886
She's going to be in a world of piss when she ever gets trapped back in time in ancient Rome.
>>
>>56460886
Physician. Almost everything else will be heavily automated but ppl will always have the need of seeing a human physician;... plus their union is a fucking racket that no one can overthrow.
>>
Physics, statistics, economy
>>
>>56460886
Network security or automation design.
>>
Robot maintenance tech
>>
>>56461407
Love all of those and get 2 and 3, but how physics. Specifically, what specialization are you referring to, astrophysics? Also, what do you think will be the big thing in Statistics?

>>56461472
Thanks. Haven't thought of automation design until now. Will look into it.
>>
>>56461535
Why do you think that particularly will be big?
>>
>>56461389
Thanks for the input (and definitely see your point), but I'd like to stay as far away from the medical field as possible. It is as uninteresting as law for me.
>>
>>56460886
chemical engineering
>>
>>56461738
Man, if I was into chemistry, I'd hop on in a heartbeat. I see so much that can be done with it. If only I liked it
>>
Possibly networking
>>
>>56460886
A Master's degree in Spanish Speaking and Comprehension.
>>
>>56461941
I don't feel like a masters in it would really be of any help. It ensures in no way that you would be fluent, and the jobs it would open would be ehh (spanish professor)
>>
>>56461996
That's true. It's more of a joke. However, I do think learning how to speak Spanish would be lucrative as the need for translators will likely rise should Mexican immigrants keep pouring into the U.S.
>>
>>56460886
Unmanned (aerial) systems, commercial space operations (yes, that's a real major now). Honestly bro, all things aviation is a pretty safe field. Including maintenance. That shit is still done almost entirely by humans.
>>
>>56460886
remote sensing and unmanned aerial systems. money in the bank, for your shorties to drank. ERAU should be in your list.
>>
File: job.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
job.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>56460886
Electrical engineering and then do an MBA. Best decision in my life. I do cool shit now and make great money.
>>
>>56462080
>>56462079
>>56462018
Good stuff. I was thinking about this kind of stuff, although unmanned arial systems were something I had not really thought of.
>>
>>56461710
Because automation is going to take all our jobs, duh
>>
>>56462079
u n f
>>
File: wowthumbsupdude.gif (2MB, 340x254px) Image search: [Google]
wowthumbsupdude.gif
2MB, 340x254px
>>56461145
Quite literally

Piss was an extremely valuable resource to the Romans (as a source of ammonia)
>>
>>56463386
Why do you think we all collect piss bottles?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.