[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so what's the deal with gentoo? is it like Linux for anons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: tremors-bacon-ward-700x355.jpg (54KB, 700x355px) Image search: [Google]
tremors-bacon-ward-700x355.jpg
54KB, 700x355px
so what's the deal with gentoo?
is it like Linux for anons?
>>
>>56459567
The gentoo is the world's fastest penguin.
>>
Imagine if that you liked linux. Now imagine that you used arch and nobody liked you. Now imagine something worse than that.
>>
>>56459567
>>
>>56459630
> imagine that you use arch and nobody likes you
erm, that's what I actually use
why doesn't nobody like me?

is just that I always see gentoo related weaboo material
>>
>>56459567
>tremors
God damned hivemind, i watched that yesterday.

Gentoo is basically linux with a bsd-port -ish system where you compile everything on your system from over a network.
>>
>>56459741
>Arch
I've been curious. What graphics card do you use and how well can you play games.

>Gaming on linux
I'm optimistic.
>>
>>56460303
>I've been curious. What graphics card do you use and how well can you play games.
not him, but Intel graphics
I can play some older games, mostly play Oblivion on it anyways without any issues except for the inevitable thermal throttling
>>
No its GNU/Linux for turbo neckbeards
>>
>>56459567
It probably has very much to do with a performance/experience vs expense/trouble ratio. The higher the performance is attained the smaller and smaller the improvements get and the greater the expense and trouble.

Gentoo could be the best performing and the most trouble. Since this involves the performance of your computer and not just how it looks this places into serious nerd territory.

I've never used gentoo. I just assume this is the case.

You asked and like a miracle. I answered.
>>
>>56459567
>>56459853
I watched it last week.
>>
>>56460303

Also not him, but I do some gaming on Arch with an intel/Nvidia Optimus laptop. Probably the most technically advanced game I've tried on it was the OpenGL port of Shadow of Mordor. Consistently got ~10fps better than playing on Windows partition of same machine.
>>
>>56459567
it's hipster linux
>>
>>56461229
What drivers are you using? I have a 950(and only i3) and Shadow of Mordor is just OK, that being said I haven't really tried to max it out.
>>
>>56460527
No. GNU/+Linux
>>
Gentoo Linux for is for turtles.

They like to take it steady for awhile, and then in the end, they win the race. They're still fucking turtles though, and once you kick them over on their side, they can never get back up.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.