[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can i set up my own DNS server to redirect every request but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 140339431061.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
140339431061.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
Can i set up my own DNS server to redirect every request but "x request" to another DNS server?
I just want to use another DNS but with some domain names redirecting to a different IP address.
Is that possible?
How do I do that?
>>
just use hosts file
>>
>>56443234
Yes i thought about that, but I need the whole network to use the new DNS.
>>
>>56443234

this, unless we're missing something you're planning to do a ton of work for something that has a simple solution.
>>
>>56443253
Assuming you're on Windows you can probably push out a group policy to edit everything's hosts file.
>>
>>56443285
I use GNU/Linux.
I was thinkin about setting up my own server, and i would point my router to the local address used by the server
>>
>>56443564
Could you give us an example of how would it work?
>>
>>56443564
What's the Linux equivalent to Group Policy?

Surely there is one, right? ;)
>>
>>56443603
>set up the dns server on an old computer
>point the wireless router to use the (old.pc.ip.address) as the default DNS server
>everybody inside this network would use it (unless they've setted another DNS server on client-side)
>>
>>56444044
>set to use
fixd the engrish
>>
>>56444268
>>56444268
>>56444268
>>
>>56443190
>Can i set up my own DNS server to redirect every request but "x request" to another DNS server?
Yes, how? Add exceptions
>>
>>56443190
>every "x request"
Do you mean Nth request, or for a certain zone?

If you want to respond authoritatively for random records dnsmasq is super simple and then you can forward off the rest to your ISP or whatever you use.

If you want to only be authoritative for a certain domain and forward or recurse for everything else then yes that is possible as well by just having a single authoritative zone.

For every Nth request going to another server I don't know how to help you.
>>
>>56446121
Forgot to mention to use bind or something else for everything that isn't the first scenario. Dnsmasq I only use to easily fake authority for a few records instead of an entire zone.
>>
>>56446121
>>56446135
Bumping to make sure I answered this question as OP was expecting, assuming he didn't abandon thread.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.