[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows 10 Start Menu Search

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: img_542ecc9ca3572.jpg (31KB, 650x361px) Image search: [Google]
img_542ecc9ca3572.jpg
31KB, 650x361px
Hey /g/,

I disabled Cortana (stuck it in a backup folder), but I didn't know it would also remove the start menu search which I rely on a lot.

How do I get my Search back, without opening that Pandora's Box again?

pic related is what I want (search everywhere)

Thanks!
>>
just open start and begin typing
>>
>>56438546
I saw someone suggest that but it does nothing for me. Nothing whatsoever happens
>>
>>56438561
you dun goofed
>>
>>56438546
Cortana is the windows search the same way IE was bundled into the start bar, file viewer etc, in previous windows.

Removing cortana breaks search.

Use win+r and use the run to search... Or give up and put cortana back
>>
>>56438521
>press windows key
>type "format c: /s" without quotes
>press enter
>???
>profit
>>
>>56438521
You can't, you have to 'have Cortana running in the BG because she is the search engine.
>>
>>56438707
false
>>
>>56438739
Except it's not, you could use a 3rd party search engine or start menu to replace it tho.
>>
>>56438703
b8
>>
File: cortana.jpg (205KB, 1153x907px) Image search: [Google]
cortana.jpg
205KB, 1153x907px
>>56438521
Its easy, OP
>>
>>56438707
>>56438686
I removed cortana before and it didn't do this. They seem to be two separate things.

I think I used a different method this time, but I know it's possible to have start menu search without Cortana

>>56438853
Did you just hide Cortana, or did you actually remove it?

I think the former, since you say it's easy but have no explanation
>>
>>56438910
>I removed cortana before and it didn't do this
One of the updates have integrated it even further into the OS, removing cortana now leaves the start menu inoperable.

>>56438910
>Did you just hide Cortana, or did you actually remove it?
It is not possible to remove cortana any more, only disable the cortana functionality.
>>
>>56438966
I put everything Cortana into a backup folder, which I assume I could delete, no?

>One of the updates have integrated it even further into the OS
This makes sense, I was thinking there just must have been some changes made.

I couldnt grab Start Menu Search-only stuff out of the Cortana folder, and leave all the Cortana stuff locked away?
>>
>>56439044
>I couldnt grab Start Menu Search-only stuff out of the Cortana folder, and leave all the Cortana stuff locked away?
Highly doubt it but I haven't tried
>>
>>56438521
just use local account
>>
>>56438521
Just open the start menu and start typing...
>>
>>56441251
>Just open the start menu and start typing...
Doesn't work, as discussed above...
>>
File: since you're a fuck up.png (9KB, 567x243px) Image search: [Google]
since you're a fuck up.png
9KB, 567x243px
you did something wrong
>>
>>56441459
Thanks for the help man, really appreciate it , you went above and beyond ;^)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.