[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rattling Sound from 212 evo cooler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 0YvG2HK.png (427KB, 789x618px) Image search: [Google]
0YvG2HK.png
427KB, 789x618px
Hyper 212 Evo used w/ socket 1151

at first i thought it could have been the fan Vibrating against the heatsink. Was told To put extra cushions, rubber bands, I did. Also upon checking the fan it was Solid, and doesnt even budge. after removing the heatsink, I heard a similar sound from when it vibrates and I'm 90% sure it's that screw thing that braces against the heatsink in pic related.

https://clyp.it/5g5x0xaj

Here is a sound clip, this was on boot where fans all go 100 the loud fan is the cpu fan and shortly there after you'll here the rattling vibrating noise (don't mind the other sounds as that's me tapping my finger and a broken fan blade I'm replacing tomorrow)

and of course when i was putting it back in i made sure to do it right, because it's universal. Also for what it's worth, I'm Able to "twist" the heatsink w/ some force applied after its been securely attached. not sure if this is normal due to the nature of the compound.
>>
>>56433279
is this just a matter of I get what i paid for?

if i have to replace it, what should i replace it with? aside from the noctuas because at that price i think i should just opt for an internal loop
>>
What the fuck is the fucking point of this thread you stupid fuck

nobody gives a shit
>>
>>56433344
Like i wanna know how to stop it maybe? Is the rattling a cause for concern?
>>
>>56433298
you can buy a Cryorig H7, for about $10 usd more than the Hyper 212, and maybe even better than the cooler you have
>>
>>56433298
I have the same cooler and mine doesn't make any sound, even with a different fan attached (without cushioning). I'd guess you attached it incorrectly maybe, or got a defective unit, try returning it?
>>
>>56434238
yah i already conatcted CM i'll see how far that goes, if not, I'm really considering getting a noctua now lol. should ahve just bought one to begin with
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.