[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have overtighted a screw in my pcie slot, what now? thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 3x6Screw.jpg (88KB, 567x281px) Image search: [Google]
3x6Screw.jpg
88KB, 567x281px
I have overtighted a screw in my pcie slot, what now? thinking of getting a nut to tight it and keep it from getting loose.
>>
Use a blowtorch to lessen the pressure
>>
>>56432004
I think he means he fucked the screw hole and now shit is loose.
>>
>>56431992
Congratulations pleb, you cross threaded the screw and stripped the thread. Unless you have a tapping bit and wrench handy to run in a new thread, you're fucked.
>>
File: Instagram-9e285a.png (108KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
Instagram-9e285a.png
108KB, 500x566px
Just bust it with your nut
>>
>>56432087
re-tapping the hole wouldn't do shit because it's already expanded beyond what it's supposed to be, you moron.
>>
>>56432004
this, plus apply a little bit of wd40 at the same time to help loosen it up
>>
>>56432154
Obviously it would be tapped with a larger diameter.

Regardless, a nut on a longer screw is fine.
>>
Just use a bigger screw and force it in.
>>
>>56431992
If you want a nut ask you Mom. She gives them out easy.
>>
>>56432251
lold
>>
OP here, I just tried to use a bigger screw, no luck. that shit is completely fucked. Going with the nut and longer screw combo. as for the blowtorch idea, I don't have one that is easily accessible at this time
>>
>>56431992
>>56432310
Wait, please tell me how fucking stupid are you that you tried to tighten the screw until you stripped it? All you need is it to hold in place, if you want it to be permanent use some fucking locktight.
Did you build your comp? if so how did you manage to not fuck your mobo when screwing it in?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.