[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gifted a GTX 1070

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image1.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
Sup /g/ dis gon' fit in Dell XPS 8700 or nah?
>>
>>56431257
Take the existing GPU out of the motherboard and compare the size
>>
Look it up yourself you enormous mongoloid, this isn't the computer help desk board
>>
>>56431257
Also, make sure that you have a power supply that can power that thing in the first place.

A dremel can bodge fixes for space, but that doesn't matter if there's not enough power.

> CHECK THE POWER SUPPLY VOLTAGE.
>>
>>56431257
Not without a dremel anon

i had to do it to get creative on my old FT01 Motherboard bracket because it blocked the fucking sata ports on most boards

http://core0.staticworld.net/images/article/2013/07/1253541_sr-1160-100047019-orig.jpg
>>56431307
lol a 1070 probably uses the same as a 660gtx
>>
>>56431293
current GPU is considerably smaller. GTX 745
>>
>>56431257
just give it back, Jamal
>>
>>56431315
Okay, I just spent a few minutes looking for the psu voltage, but Dell provides jack shit in terms of that specification.

Thanks though, had a Dell family computer back in the day, and one of my banes of existence as a kid was realizing I could get a better graphics card, but couldn't replace the psu, because budget.

Though later on I decided just to build my own rig, and that has helped me ever since.
>>
>>56431318
When I looked at the open case on google it seemed there isn't room for a gpu larger than the one in it soo you might be fucked
If you can't figure out how to expand the space I'd recommend selling the 1070 and getting the small 1060
>>
>>56431345
my PSU is 460 I'm Thinking a EVGA G2 should be more than enough to supply it but I really don't have space for a full tower should i need to replace the case.
>>
>>56431358
Space is limited any suggestions on a slightly larger case I can get that might resolve the issue?
>>
>>56431366
My advice, just read up on specifications for your pc.

Check the dimensions of your suggested power supply and the one in the computer already, because I would find it a bit odd if the power supply did not fit in what looks like a standard case, though it being prebuilt and it being Dell, there may be issues with proprietary components, though not too massive, but make sure.

Something like 650 or 750 watt I'd believe would be good for that 1070, but seriously, just do your own research.

> Read up on other forum threads, such as pc builder forum threads (look them up) and watch some tutorial videos on Youtube in case.
> Do your own research, because I alone cannot do the same amount of justice that several good of forums can.
>>
>>56431411
Corsair 200R
>>
>>56431459
Fair enough, thanks for your help
>>
>>56431307
1070 needs at least a 600w psu I believe
>>
>>56431257
>NewFag1070
Kill yourself, fucking retard.
>>
>>56431581
it uses 160w so about the same as a 970 with 3x the raw power

Thats a far fucking cry from needing 600w

i'd say 450-500 to be on the safe side.

modern i5 cpu's barely sip 50-100w and hdd maybe 25watt and motherboard/other shit 100w that leaves tonnes left over for a decent gpu
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.