[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are smart watches actually useful if you can pay for one, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

Are smart watches actually useful if you can pay for one, or are they just a meme?
>>
>>56429194
It's like saying "hack me and my bridge between my phone and watch pls"
>>
>>56429194
I think they're pretty useful.

First the obvious:
> I can glance at my wrist to view notifications without pulling out my phone.

> Tells the time and has a stopwatch.

And the following you can do by just raising and talking to your wrist

- set location aware reminders
("remind me to buy cheez-it's when I get to target")

- run search queries
("how much is a Tesla Model 3?")

- search for pictures
("show me pictures of dank memes")

- start a phone call

- start navigation and have turn by turn on your wrist

- check the forecast

- check stocks

- get calendar reminders

- see and respond to messages

- translate between languages

- acts as a flashlight (pretty handy at night)

- can try to emulate watch faces if you're into that sort of thing

- read emails

- other apps

Hopefully you get the idea. There's lots you can do. After having using them, it's just a lot of nice conveniences that can improve your day to day experiences.
>>
>>56429353
What model do you use?
>>
>>56429428
The huawei watch is the best one currently out
>>
>>56429428
I've used the LG G Watch in the past, and I currently use the Fossil Q Founder.

I wouldn't recommend G Watch now as it's a bit old and out of date.

The Q Founder is pretty decent with all-day battery life.

However, take a look at the current wear offerings. There's bound to be one that fits your style.
>>
I work for a physician who has an apple watch. He uses it to check notifications while he is in a room with a patient- Not as rude as pulling a phone out and is more discreet.

His usage is very specific. I personally would have no use for one.
>>
Apple watch can send your heartbeat to someone else which is pretty neat. I am buying myself and my fiance one for christmas.
>>
File: pebble.jpg (38KB, 660x367px) Image search: [Google]
pebble.jpg
38KB, 660x367px
I have pic related, its not bad. Its outdated now, but it does alright. Can get quick notifications, control music, send canned replies to friends and family, end and answer calls, plus the display is visible in daylight especially

I'm waiting on the Pebble Time 2, should be nice. I might get a Moto 360 if the 3rd gen gets rid of that flat tire bullshit and has better battery life, is waterproof
>>
>>56429465
Q Founder is probably the nicest out right now, but most expensive.

I have a Pebble Time Round and I really like it. Had an Apple Watch before but the display not being always on pissed me off.
>>
iirc sony, apple and samsung are going to release new smartwatches this month, so i'd recommend to wait for their new offerings.
>>
>>56430533

do you think the new moto 360 will be released this month to?
>>
>>56430497
Most expensive? I didn't think so.

The Q Founder retails for $275 on the Google Store.

The Huawei Watch is $349.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (308KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
308KB, 2048x1536px
A meme.

I am looking at the Watch OS 3 and it seems pretty cool. I only use a few features but the Apple watch is beautiful.

I got the stainless steel 42mm for 200 bucks and it is worth it on the sense that notifications come in and looks luxurious.

"BUT ANON WHY DIDNT YOU BUY A CITIZEN WATCH FOR 50 BUCKS"

nah. 200 dollars is justifiable on my end.
>>
>>56430594
My bad, I remember seeing it upwards of 600 a while ago for some reason.
>>
>>56429194
I plan on getting a Zenwatch 2 since it's pretty inexpensive. I'm going into it knowing full well that's it'a more of a neat toy than an actually useful tool.
>>
File: Boston Paul.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Boston Paul.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>56430630
>CITIZEN WATCH
Get some FULL ROSS while you are at it
>>
>>56429194
All are shit until Xiaomi starts making an Android one.
>>
>>56430755
>leafyfag
>>
>>56430874
what the fuck is a "leafyfag"?
>>
>>56429799
do you think the time 2 can act as a phone replacement with the pebble core and a bluetooth keyboard?
>>
>>56429194
I have a pebble steel, not terribly useful, but useful enough for me to wear it. Im a student currently and its extremely helpful to see whos calling me or what the text/email/etc i received was about without being rude to the processor by using my phone during the class. Also when working or at the gym so i dont have to stop what im doing to see if the call or text was something important. You can also send basic replies to let the person know yes, no, ill get back to you, etc. Also does regular watch functions like time, alarm, stopwatch, etc.
>>
They're only good if you buy an Apple watch
>>
>>56432493

I personally do not think so, I bought a time 2 though, can't wait to get it.
>>
I picked up a cheapy $15 DZ09 smart watch. Does all the same things a normal "flagship" watch could do at a hell of a lot less cost.
>>
>>56429194
It really depends on how you use it

If you just use it as a watch/notification checker and still do everything else on your phone, its a meme.

If you actually get the right apps and learn how to use it to it's full potential it can be an amazing convenience

Though changeable watch faces on its own it pretty sick. One day I can have a Rolex, the next, Big Boss's Seiko
>>
>>56429194
They're 20-40$ cool. I'm kinda surprised that people are sensible enough that they're not paying 300$ for something to show notifications on.

Really, the only thing they're good for is fast reference (track gps, fitness apps, notifications). Trying to input something is stupid hard and inconvenient.
>>
>>56429533
>His usage is very specific

Being able to check notifications quickly and easily is very specific?

>I personally would have no use for one.

You never recieve notifications for anything on your phone?
>>
>>56432768
>Does all the same things a normal "flagship" watch could do
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>56432937
>You never recieve notifications for anything on your phone?
neets don't get notifications
>>
>>56433006
That can't be right.
>>
android wear or get out. Nothing else has the level of support it does. Maybe not on iphone but only wear is getting as great software support. They're all still getting software updates, only two wont be in the future so far but thats due to unique hardware being the limiting factor. Lots of apps and really optimized for android notification system. Finding the perfect one isn't hard. Before long you feel like a mongoloid if you have to actually use your phone to do simple tasks.
>>
>>56432937
I assume his point is that he can check his phone without being rude, so the reason it works for the doctor doesn't apply to him.
>>
>>56433196
How would that make sense?

If it is less rude (an arguement that barely holds water, if at all) then it stands across the board.
>>
>>56429194
I really haven't heard anything about smart watches since Apple Watch was released and reports that it was a failure.
>>
>>56433325
That's because you haven't been paying attention, and it's Apple.
>>
>>56433260
It's less rude when with patients. He's talking about a specific work setting. It doesn't necessarily follow across the board.

My friends check their phones all the time, so among them checking phones isn't rude at all.
>>
I don't care what anyone says, I would buy this in a heartbeat if I had the money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNtEJL0fpCo
>>
>>56429194
Literally one more thing you have to remember to charge or your day is ruined.
A normal watch doesn't require a battery change for 2-5 years
>>
>>56430725
can't keep getting away with it
>>
>>56434461
If your friends are being rude it's okay for you to be rude because now none of you are being rude because all of you are being rude?

If checking notifications in front of his patients is rude the watch doesn't change that. It just means the ones that aren't fully aware of smartwatches won't realize what's happening.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.