[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nvidia Shield TV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 01-NVIDIA-SHIELD-TV-HDMI.jpg (77KB, 1500x768px) Image search: [Google]
01-NVIDIA-SHIELD-TV-HDMI.jpg
77KB, 1500x768px
I'm contemplating buying an Nvidia Shield Android TV, as that seems to be the premiere out-of-the-box media player right now, and for the considerable future, especially as it comes with a controller.

Any of you have any experiences with it? I'll primarily use it as a media center with Kodi, and playing PSX games emulated.

How well does RetroArch work?

Also, how well can you torrent with it? I'd like to be able to pop on RARBG, click a magnet link, then have it download to a memory stick, ready to be watched.
>>
No one has any opinions on this piece of tech?
>>
>>56428532
overpriced
you can do the exact same thing with a used thinkpad
>>
I got one primarily because it's the only Android TV box with proper bitstreaming, 24p and horsepower for hi10p decoding.

Use SPMC, it's a Kodi fork better suited for Andoird.

Game Streaming works well enough for casual gaming. I was able to play the Shantae games without lag significantly impacting how I played.

I've had no problem with Retroarch.

I have a home server, so haven't torrented on it or used the Plex server functionality. I imagine it'd work fine?

They go on sale pretty much every other week. I was able to get a Shield TV + Extra controller for $120. The controller is kinda uncomfortable.
>>
>>56428532
its shit
>>
>>56428532
It's very good for what it is, pretty much the best out of the box media player/streamer and compact gaming system available right now. Works well with game streaming if you have nvidia gpus and a solid wireless or wired connection
>>
>>56430852
I have an AMD GPU, but that's irrelevant, since I don't intend to stream games from my computer.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.