[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Nexus 5 the best value phone? Anyone else still using one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

File: 1467677761992.jpg (214KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1467677761992.jpg
214KB, 1200x1600px
Was Nexus 5 the best value phone?
Anyone else still using one?
>>
>>56427215
nexus 4 too, i bought an iPhone 6s plus out of desperation for the s810 aka "jew griller"
>>
>>56427274
>nexus 4 too, i bought an iPhone 6s plus out of desperation for the s810 aka "jew griller"

Meant that the nexus 4/5 were god tier, conveniently priced and good phones overall.
2015 was a nightmare and nexus phones came out too late and too pricey in europe.
>>
>>56427291
Same in aus, went from a very nice $450 for nexus 5 to 1k for nexus 6
>>
>>56427215
>>56427274
>>56427291
nexus 4 was good but I'm pretty happy with my RNP3 as well
>>
>>56427215
>best value
>maximum storage 32gb
>no SD card slot
>>
>>56427215
>android phones
>value

Do you people actually enjoy your phone losing 80% of it's resale value within 12 months?
>>
>>56427349
>iShit

Do you """"""""people""""""" actually enjoy your iToy being bricked every 12 months when a new iShit comes out?
>>
>>56427215
I hope she's a lesbian and not a filthy hetshit
>>
im quite happy with my 6p which i've paid 400$ for.
>>
>>56427349

I don't ever sell my old phones so I really don't see how this is an issue.
>>
>>56427349
I don't get this.
>faster than an iPhone 6 despite being older
>better camera than the 5
>more storage than the base model iPhone despite being less than half as expensive

Why would resale value matter when I'm going to use this phone until it's unusable or dead?
>>
>>56427215

I still use my 1st gen N5. 32GB is okay, I just recently started reaching a near-full situation.

My plan for keeping on using it the following:

1. Flash cyanogen mod. If it's crap, go to step 5, else continue.
2. Replace battery
3. Goto step 5
4. Get a cheap cyanogen-supported chink-phone
5. Live on.
>>
File: nexus2cee_nexuswm_thumb-1.png (191KB, 668x668px) Image search: [Google]
nexus2cee_nexuswm_thumb-1.png
191KB, 668x668px
I still use a nexus 5, though I mean to replace in with a Oneplus 3 soon
>>
>>56427599
I'm waiting for the k6000 premium, I hope it comes out soon.
>>
just sold it, great phone, have great memories related to it, waiting for my 6p to come, payed 379 yuropoor
>>
Still running my Nexus 5. Had it 3 years now (though replaced under warranty at 18 months).

Going to wait for a nougat Rom and throw that on.

Don't really see a reason to upgrade the phone though. Does what it needs to.
>>
>>56427803
Battery life and call quality are 2 reasons I'm keen to move on, but otherwise this is a fantastic phone and I would keep it for longer if not for those
>>
Still using my N5 with latest cyanogenmod snapshot with no google apps. The battery is shittier than ever but I don't want to change as everything else looks overpriced.
Maybe I'll try some chineses devices next.
>>
>>56427841
Battery life does suck, but so long as I charge it at work it's fine.

Never really had an issue with call quality myself.
>>
>>56427886
Best battery life for me is on purity rom, lollipop, and uber kernel
>>
Approaching 3 years of ownership with my N5 and it's still serving me great. I have factory reset the phone twice since I've got it to freshen everything up and it's been great and still is.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-05-09-33-58.png (392KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-05-09-33-58.png
392KB, 1080x1920px
There's an app for nexus devices that let's you increase camera megapixel by taking multiple samples in burst mode or something like that.
Sometimes it works really well
>>
>>56427367
stay blasted, pajeet.
>>
The 5x is now the best ever and heres why: now 200$, best back camera on market, much better battery, fingerprint reader. 10 of 10 phone
>>
>>56428724
I think the keyboard in the op was "was"
>>
Nexus 5 was good until the OnePlus One was a thing
>>
My nexus 5 was the best. Too bad the battery died and the screen cracked, regardless LG did a wonderful job
>>
>>56429244
The only people that think OnePlus Pajeet is good are people that have never used a Nexus.
>>
>>56428800
>keyboard
Did your iphone autocorrect you numnuts?
>>
I used a Nexus 4 for a long time. Got a Nexus 6 in 2014 and love it. It's perfect for me. I wish Motorola would have released a new one with the same exterior and updated internals, but mine still works great.
>>
>>56427215
N5 had some serious quality control issues. I had to send three back for varying reasons, first one had ridiculous backlight bleeding, second one the microphone was fucked and no one could hear me, third one the flash was on constantly, not full blast but kind of glow in the dark. Fourth one was fine and was a good device. I wouldn't buy another one
>>
>>56427215
The battery was so bad on the Nexus 5 it was almost unusable, so no.
>>
>>56429339
Yes. I meant keyword.
>>
>>56427349
>Do you people actually enjoy your phone losing 80% of it's resale value within 12 months?
You mean being able to buy a 12 month old phone for 20% of its original price? If that wasn't just some bullshit you made up, I'd absolutely enjoy that.
>>
i have a nexus with a cracked screen and will probably replace it with the next google phone/ pixel, if its too expensive then ill buy a one plus
>>
The LG G2 was superior and everything the Nexus 5 was originally meant to be but never actually was.
>>
>>56427274
miss my n4 to death :(
>>
>>56427599

I head the OP3 screen is garbage
>>
>>56429572
late models were much better, mine came without speaker issues, no warm color temperature, and no flash issues.
>>
>>56427215
tits or gtfo
>>
File: 1472393922672.jpg (139KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
1472393922672.jpg
139KB, 1023x682px
>>56427215
Yep, still use mine. Just replaced the screen, digitizer, and backplate.
>>
>>56429572
>the microphone was fucked and no one could hear me
I have this issue on mine. It has to do with Qualcomm overcompensating in their audio subsystem. I had to manually flash a patch from XDA for the last couple of years because it got so bad. (CM incorporates it automatically into their nightlies now, so I just switched to that for the time being.)
>>
Still my N5. I use an OPO now, though. The N5 experience is surely missed but always close. I remember reaching five hours SOT for the first time like my life found meaning again. Those were the days. OPO spoils me with seven to eight on heavy usage easy.
>>
>>56427215
>Was Nexus 5 the best value phone?
For its time. Yeah, no Micro SD is a pain. But you're getting fantastic software support while knowing that it will be 2-3 years before your phone will truly be obsolete.

>Anyone else still using one?
I am and loving it. The CM13 nightlies are super stable.
>>
>>56427215
Meh, it was the /g/ meme phone for the first half of 2014. So I guess it's alright.
>>
>>56432932
How's cm13? I'm still on purity 5.1, disappointed with sound quality, but better battery life than other roms.

Does cm have better call quality?
>>
>>56427349
But why would i sell my phone if it still works?
>>
>>56427215
The 5 is an amazing phone.

The only minus like other have said is the lack of sd slot. Especially since I was poor at the time and bought a 16gig model.

Not sure if i trust the new Nexus, or pixel phone to be this good.
>>
best ROM+Kernel combo for our precious?
>>
>>56427215
Just updated to a marshmallow Rom with bluespark kernel. Other than call quality, I've been happy with it
>>
>>56432986
to buy the new one a year later with extra facebook camera of course!
>>
>>56427215
No new device feels like a worthy upgrade from my Nexus 5, especially for the price since the aud got so shit shortly after I bought mine
>>
why dont they just stick a 2500k in a phone and call it a day
>>
>>56436156
>No new device feels like a worthy upgrade from my Nexus 5
This. Nothing has come out that truly makes this feel old and rubbish. The phone still runs fast with the latest software. It has all the features (wireless charging, Bluetooth, nfc).

I'm just going to wait for a nougat build.
>>
>>56434020
purenexus + elemementalx ( overclock/undervolt/hotplugging ). Dont fall for cyanogenshit, and especially dont fall for CAF builds.
>>
On my second nexus 5, great phone except the battery, and the charging port has broken on both of them so far... Thank God for Qi
>>
>>56436921
Why did you replace yours?

This is my second, the power button got stuck on and so the phone could never boot as it thought I was doing a hard power off
>>
I bought a refurbished Nexus 5 from T-Mobile last year for $250 and it was one of the best purchase I've ever made. The phone is terrific all around and there's no bloatware. I used to have a Galaxy, but I got so fed up with Samsung's TouchWiz and bloatware shit.

The only problem with my N5 is sometimes the power button sticks, which seems to be a known and somewhat common manufacturing error.

Oh, and I just bought a power bank from Anker that puts out 2 amps, so now I can charge in about 50 min.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.