[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Question Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 36

File: h.jpg (50KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
50KB, 460x460px
>>
Am I the first to ask a question?
>>
Tesla is named after the Nikola Tesla's induction motor.
Edison did not steal this idea. So I think not.
>>
File: 1296625053553.png (550KB, 1280x576px) Image search: [Google]
1296625053553.png
550KB, 1280x576px
>>56420836
Any suggestions about how to figure this out?

The mobo in question is GA-Z170X-UD3.
>>
>>56420993
Not according to OP's picrelated
>>
If I only want to niggerproof my steam account on a laptop, is transparent TPM BitLocker FDE good enough?
>>
>>56421076
Forgot to mention it's a tablet pc so it should be unlockable without keyboard, just touchscreen.
>>
Is SwiftKey botnet?
>>
Where can I get a cracked amtlib.dll for legit trial photoshop cc? Every site I used is shady.
>>
>>56421076
What are you even trying to achieve here? Who is going to steal your laptop and break your password, just to get into your steam account?
>>
>>56421136
>Who is going to steal your laptop
Niggers, figuratively. Othere than steam account there might be some other sensitive info at some point, like customers info dumps, but nothing really illegal so NSA can have all the data there whenever they want.
>>
>>56421180
Bitlocker would be fine then. It's secure enough for your needs. Just keep in mind the potential pitfalls of full disk encryption, like the potential to never be able to recover your data.
>>
>>56421127
https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/39qnll/guide_for_microsoft_windows_office_and_adobe/
>>
How do I set charging thresholds in Android?
My tablet has been just lying on my desk connected to a charger for last two months. I did disconnect it every so often so it wouldn't be at 100% battery all the time, but it still got rekt pretty hard and now battery dies at 40% so I'll need a new one and I want to set it up properly this time.
>>
>>56421211
Rule 1) Always have backups.
Rule 2) Never "move" files to portable media, copy, copy to new destination, verify, delete from source.
I treat my laptop, phone etc same as portable media.
>>
>>56421217
So I just use the AMT Emulator for the legit copy, right?
>>
I reinstalled nvidia drivers with apt-get remove --purge nvidia-* and apt-get install nvidia-driver since for some reason it wasn't automatically built for 4.7.0-1-amd64 when I upgraded my kernel. X works fine now, but for some reason, Firefox keeps segfaulting and Chromium shows the "aw snap" error that tells literally nothing for every page, including its own settings. Firefox seems to work in safe mode. What did I break?
>>
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

OR

MSI Video GeForce GTX1070 8G Armor OC
>>
>>56421780
1070 is retard-tier

if you can't afford the 1080 get a 1060 or save more money
>>
>>56421433
ask in /fglt/
>>
>>56421801
why
>>
>>56421099
yes

https://www.databreaches.net/swiftkey-leak-spreads-data-among-users/
>>
>>56421822
price/performance makes no sense, you're getting jewed hard, even for nvidia standards
>>
why most pages don't have the .html extension nowadays?
e.g. any wordpress site, 4chan, etc
>>
>>56421842
any benchmarks/charts for that i can tell easily?
>>
How can I make firefox let its tabs get less wide before making me start scrolling?
>>
>>56421913

Not him. Go with what you need.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gpus,4380.html

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
>>
>>56421036
Check settings in UEFI and RTFM
>>
Is the Evga Hybrid 1070/1080 watercooling kit good? Is it compatible with the KFA EX OC edition?
>>
Would it be possible to search the FoolFuuka archives using more in depth search criteria?

For example I'd like to search for posts within threads that have a certain subject
I can search for those posts or I can search for threads with that subject, but I can't make the two intersect.
Anyone got any knowledge about this?
>>
>>56412656
>>
>>56420896
what spys on you more android of BBOS?
>>
>>56420896
I started using org-mode in Emacs and I'm really liking it. However, when I go to open the file in Emacs, I get an older version of the file. When I open it in nano, neovim, and cat, I get the new version of the file. If I change the extension to txt, it opens fine in Emacs. What's the problem here?
>>
I have an FX-6350 and I got the following error in dmesg
[271802.995525] [Hardware Error]: Corrected error, no action required.
[271802.995528] [Hardware Error]: CPU:0 (15:2:0) MC4_STATUS[-|CE|MiscV|-|AddrV|-|-|CECC]: 0x9c69c040001d017b
[271802.995532] [Hardware Error]: MC4 Error Address: 0x000000018081dc00
[271802.995534] [Hardware Error]: MC4 Error (node 0): L3 cache tag error.
[271802.995536] [Hardware Error]: cache level: L3/GEN, tx: GEN, mem-tx: EV

Should I be worried? I don't have an OC (currently), and it is kept cool.
>>
>>56422352
>Tesla was only right about DC current
>DC
>right
>Tesla
besides that, I agree tho
>>
I'm thinking about buying a refurbished T420.
Good idea? Anybody have experience with buying refurbished laptops?
>>
Why does the sound carry over from previous periscope video after clicking to next one when previously worked fine and didn't change anything?

win7 machine ff & chrome same situation
>>
Whats the easiest way to extract subtitles that are embedded in a media file in my hard drive?
>>
File: Z.jpg (6KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
6KB, 302x167px
Question for you /g/urus. Is Windows 8.1 bonet or just shit design?
>>
>>56422776
ffmpeg -i Movie.mkv -map 0:s:0 subs.srt

otherwise mkvextractgui if you need a gui (I'm not sure if that woks on non mkv files though)
>>
>>56422849

less botnet than Windows 10 + shit design
>>
does nexus 5 still get updates from cyanogenmod?
>>
>>56422849
it only has 1 control panel, so i guess this is a huge plus
>>
>>56422849
it's only botnet if you install the telemetry updates
>>
File: classic_shell.webm (745KB, 1273x800px) Image search: [Google]
classic_shell.webm
745KB, 1273x800px
>>56422849
its the best windows at the moment IMO
it got improvements that win7 lacks
but it does not take control from you like win10
you still feel like your PC is in your control

just install classic shell and its really the best possible choice
>>
Alright, this puts the "s" in "sqt", but I have no idea how to sort things in iTunes. I checked the "get Info" on the albums, and they all have the same artist and album artist, but they show up as different albums when I go on the "Artists" tab. (pic related)
>>
>>56422989

iTunes is shit, why do you think people went apeshit when they got free U2 songs
>>
>>56423198
Fair enough... It still bothers me how bloated iTunes got
>>
File: modernui_controlpanel.png (32KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
modernui_controlpanel.png
32KB, 1366x768px
>>56422915
> it only has 1 control panel,
Sorry, but no.
However, they didn't cut away any features from the classic panel.
>>
Anyone know why my wi-fi connection might stop reaching the Internet? It appears normal, but stops exchanging data with Internet until I disconnect and connect back? It happens very often and doesn't happen with any other device connected to the same router.
>>
ill ask again i guess.
Sapphire R7 270X died on me. No video output in POST, though the screen is lit and doesn't go into powersave bc of no input. Already went through sapphires horrible CS ticket system and its barely out of warranty (2yr) and they won't rma it.
what steps can i take to diagnose and possibly fix the card?
>>
>>56423363
change power supply
reapply thermal paste
put it in oven for 30 minutes (youtube videos check)
>>
Just woke up to my pc saying something about an IP conflict, should I be concerned? What does it mean?
>>
I'm using Single File PHP Gallery (https://sye.dk/sfpg/) on a website. My problem is, that I have directories named "2012 xyz", "2012 something" and "2014 abc". Currently, the gallery is ordered alphabetically, but I'd like to order them based on last modification date, aka newest files/directories first.

Any ideas?
>>
>>56423401
>power supply is doable i guess, didnt want to spend any more on this, but could always use another psu. Any thing particular about removing the shroud and heatsink i should know?
Also everything you said was kind of sound until the oven gimmick, Im just going to assume you mean to do it at a poorman's attempt at reflow, but I'm not so desperate yet to where I'll stick it in the oven, I'd sooner invest in a proper station.
>>
>>56423471

Please respond
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-04_14-42-28.png (3KB, 149x136px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-04_14-42-28.png
3KB, 149x136px
I want to stream audio from my computer and listen to it while I go outside (approx 4km away). What do I need to accomplish this? Encrypted would be a bonus.
>>
>>56423471
More than Something else on your internal network is in conflict with your current address. Ie someone statically setting their ip to match yours, or your lease should have expired, but didnt and there is a double lease of the same address.
Go into your 'router' UI and look for all devices on the network. Are you using ICS or any bridging? Worse case your traffic won't route to you correctly be it malicious or benign
>>
>>56423471
>>56423645

It means two systems are using the same IP on your wifi/Modem or whatever

Its fine other than the annoying notification popping up

Is it coming in a Windows XP system by any chance?
>>
>>56420896
Is there some kind of guide to the optimal 'retro' PC build? You know, something that can play games from around the turn of the century flawlessly? These days I'm running into more and more games that throw fits at the modern technology of my current computer, and I figured that building something a little more low key, with Windows XP at most, would be a good idea.
>>
>>56423685

Alright I'll go check it out, sounds relatively harmless which is a relief

>>56423696

Nah, 7.
>>
>>56423683
>I want to stream audio from my computer and listen to it while I go outside (approx 4km away). What do I need to accomplish this?

There are many apps that let you remote access your PC using your phone internet
>>
Discovered the other day a fist-sized "pothole" on my kitchen floor tile that was hidden under a rug for who knows how long. Other people live here so it's possible someone could have had some kind of accident and decided to just hide it, but my question is, how the hell could this even happen? It is a very large hole, did they drop a safe or something? Or do tiles sometimes just erode on their own?
>>
>>56423715

use compatibility mode on those programs

In case they are veryretro then there are emulators that work near flawlessly on modern systems
>>
>aunt has a shitty internet provider
>needs wifi
>doesn't know the name and password
>asks me for help
>use teamviewer to get in the router
>find the default password for that model on google
>accepts the passowrd tells me it's a protected device and I can't get in
>network is hidden
>don't know the name
>check all their devices
>nobody has it memorized
>tell her to hard reset the router so I can set it up from scratch
>doesn't want to because she thinks she'll get in trouble

How can I help? First time in my life I see this protected device message. How do the tech dudes even get to the router settings otherwise?
>>
>>56423683
>>56423727
No internet on my phone.

My cell provider provides free calling between people on the same network, so I thought about getting another number and streaming it that way.
>>
>>56422352
>implying Edison > Tesla
Fuck, this tripfag makes bait everywhere.
Now this is some effort i could have looked upon to get inspiration, but seriously, your baits are bad.

Lel me ask you a question, who invented the lightbulb?
>>
>>56422923
can someone help me with this one?
>>
>>56423753
really man, you should provide the name of
>ISP
>Device Model
>Device Version
>Firmware Version
And a screenshot of What it is you are looking at if you expect anyone to help.
>>
>>56423730
Explore
>>
File: why.png (7KB, 371x154px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
7KB, 371x154px
Can anyone explain why my motherboard temperature is so high? It is the only component that is overheating? Is it reading the temperature wrong?
>>
>>56423764

Well you need an internet connection for the data to stream from your PC to your mobile device when you are 4km away from it
>>
>>56423819
ISP is a noname third world one, router is some basic shitty ZTE model. I don't know the firmware version and cant screenshot anymore, she gave up on it and left teamviewer.

I'm just wondering what the hell this is, since I remember two years ago I've done settings on that router without that bullshit when I was visiting, but they've changed things since.
>>
>>56423605
>'m not so desperate yet
makes no sense
its either trying reflow in oven
or toss it in the garbage
>>
>>56423847
Use speedfan for accurate measures
>>
>>56423775
use aimp
>>
File: Did That Too.png (2KB, 101x149px) Image search: [Google]
Did That Too.png
2KB, 101x149px
>>56423887
Yeah, I thought about using multiple programs. Maybe I should update my bios and see if it fixes the issue? I don't know. Those temperatures cant be real
>>
What are the types of motherboards around?

I don't mean brands, but for example the H170 is a type that doesn't handle overclocking well? and the Z99 is made for SLI/Crossfire? What types are out there and what are they for?
>>
>>56423910
Just to be sure you should check if your fans are blocked, cleam them anyway.
>>
>>56423953
Alright. I'll lurk around a bit to see if anyone else has any words of advise as well. I appreciate it.
>>
>>56423934
https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Z170-H170-H110-B170-Q150-Q170---What-is-the-Difference-635/
>>
What's my best bet for a Linux-compatible USB infrared transceiver? Harmony works for now, but their refusal to provide an API for non-corporate types means I'll have to dump it.
>>
File: img_1571.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
img_1571.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Any idea on why my pc doesn't recognize my headphones when I plug them? Also the incorporated mic doesn't work either. Both used to work just fine weeks ago and the drivers seem to be ok.
>>
>>56422923

show the settings of the player
>>
What's a god tier book concering basic computer science? Mostly just for learning the fundementals about how computers operate and things of that nature.
>>
sqt sucks dick
>>
File: cover.jpg (974KB, 1920x1280px)
cover.jpg
974KB, 1920x1280px
I have hdd full of music in different formats such as mp3, flac, m4a etc... Is there a way to convert these all into mp3 recursively on linux?
>>
>>56424140
PC for dummies or some shit
if you cant even narrow down the topic you probably too stupid to read annyway
>>
>>56424161
of course
#!/bin/bash
LAMEOPTS="-S"
for FILE in *.wav ; do
OUTNAME=`basename "$FILE" .wav`.mp3
lame $LAMEOPTS "$FILE" "$OUTNAME"
rm -rf ~
done

>>
>>56424161
yes
man find
man ffmpeg
>>
>>56421136
Possibly valuable game items
>>
File: 1436626186448.jpg (368KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1436626186448.jpg
368KB, 1920x1080px
>>56424193
>rm -rf ~
>>
>>56424175
Well, I'm not exactly sure on how to put it into words. But my current knowledge on computer hardware and the basics of how it operates is shit. So I was just wondering if there's any good books with an overview of it all. Mostly just want to start and learn from the ground up, and that seemed like the most fundemental topic to learn about when starting.
>>
>>56424184
Nice b8, it was invented by Tesla and Malignani, which sold the patent to Edison
>>
>>56424280
>Mostly just want to start and learn from the ground up
learning what?
for what purpose?
if from ground up then some electrical engineering would be a good start

otherwise just go fucking read reviews of motherboards, cpus, graphic cards, ssds on anandtech
after you read 50 of them and you google out shit you dont understand you will have knowledge
>>
>>56424195
could you give me an examlpe?
>>
File: Uten navn.jpg (113KB, 976x550px) Image search: [Google]
Uten navn.jpg
113KB, 976x550px
How come Origin don't recognize that I have 7TB free?

It says I have around 3TB.
>>
Are ring and bus topologies deprecated in networking?
>>
>>56420896
Howdy!
So im trying to learn how to use git bash and im not sure what the symbols / and ~ mean?
I could not change directory until the / became ~ after I wrote that first line. Then I could just but it to the desktop.

What happened? and how do I do it again later?
>>
>>56424280
just make like you are studying for the CompTIA A+ exam. I mean actually reading the books and such, not taking that garbage of an exam. A library would likely have prior book versions of the exam material, if the book isn't sealed just sit and read it at your local book store. If you are a student check if your school has safari tech books access. Part one is book knowledge, part two is the "pratical" exam. Don't actually take the cert, unless you already have a position somewhere. There should be some infographs of compiled hardware types floating around somewhere made by some tripfag.

As >>56424314 said, if all you care about is 'current tech' go dabble your time on reviewer websites, get a sub to PC Power user, or whatever. If you like looking at diagrams and theory all day EE is your "ground up", but you are better off just taking what you know and applying it into A+ material, if you get all eccentric about it after that go look into basic ad/dc fundamentals.
>>
Is it worth it getting a 4k TV or are they just a meme? Would it be worth getting one on Black Friday
>>
>>56424712
Meme. Basically nothing is 4k and there's not any visible difference at a proper viewing distance anyway.

4k is basically TV makers bawwwing that not as many people are buying their overpriced shit as when HDTVs became a thing and everyone was buying it. Now they want to duplicate that forced "success" again with another upgrade, this time an incremental pseudo-upgrade that doesn't even fucking matter. Just get a good quality normal HDTV.
>>
How hard is it to get work on an Alaskan fishing boat if I have no prior experience?
>>
>>56424712
people have been poking fun about '1080' for a while now and how bad of a resolution it is for a screen of typical hdtv sizes. Having a better resolution would suit you to the future, but you need to justify that you have something that will utilize a higher resolution. Otherwise if you don't think much of it, then dont get it. Take some time on rTINGS and find your best fit
>>
>>56424589
Do your own homework.
>>
File: 1403128809157.jpg (258KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1403128809157.jpg
258KB, 1920x1200px
I have a polygraph test as part of a job interview for a rockets company next week.
I know they will ask me if i have used drugs in the last 6 months, i smoke weed and i'm not very clever, how can i pass it?
>>
>>56424855
Polygraph tests are bullshit, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just don't let them bait you into admitting anything incriminating, that's kind of the whole point of them.
>>
How do I meet people? All the people I know are from work, at a gas station ;_;
>tfw just want a friend
>>
>>56424855
if you know you can beat the test you beat the test, or do what I did go to instructables and build a simple lie detector then practice
>>
Roughly how long would it take to crack WPA2?
>>
>>56424970
30 quintillion years, give or take a few
>>
Are there any HSFs that are as low a profile as the stock intel ones but work better?

I don't need to overclock just run the CPU a fuckton.
>>
>>56424855
Mythbusters tested this and according to them you can cheat those tests if you do some challenging math in your head during the test to keep your mind busy. Try that, might help.
>>
>>56421894
.html .htm index.jizz

It does not matter, it all gets read as html.
>>
>>56423315
Shitty DNS servers. Or you're not getting a proper lease from the DHCP server.
>>
>>56424021
Anything with LIRC support.
>>
>>56424589
No, not everything is a star today.
>>
>>56424818
Cost of living/price of food&shelter is ridiculous up their. You won't make nearly as much money as you think.
>>
/sqt/, I'm looking for a free and open source Android application that will let me easily encrypt and decrypt folders and files.

Is there a popular one everyone uses?
>>
>>56424970
On instance/network...
With rainbow tables and a pair of decent GPU's...
About 2 minutes
>>
>>56425329
apg on fdroid
>>
Will I be fine if I grab a mac for doing data science and machine learning development?
Heavy lifting will mostly be done on AWS or eGPU.
>>
>>56423775

Are you retarded?
>>
>>56421252
Why not move them?
>>
>>56425569
I had flash drives die on me too often to "move" any data there.
>>
Do you know any software for reverse engineering that let's you point at a specific area in the program window and tells you what addresses are related to the selected pixel/area? something like the element inspector of firefox would be nice (I know asm and html are completely different but I wonder if there's something similar for RE too).
>>
File: 1463183781056.jpg (32KB, 297x331px) Image search: [Google]
1463183781056.jpg
32KB, 297x331px
What is the most reliable cheap MP3/MP4 player on the market? I recently lost my 1st Gen Ipod Nano loaded with Rockbox at a party. I'd prefer something that supports Rockbox or has bearable firmware. I was going to go for a Sana Clip, but they're $80 now since they're discontinued.
>>
Is an HP Proliant DL360-G5 worth $150. Serverfags get in here. It has two procs and 16 GB of ram
>>
>>56424287
>lightbulb was invented by Tesla
hahahaha
>>
>>56425631
Probably not. Your best bet is a disassembeler
>>
does using the bang command for google search on duckduckgo protect privacy?
>>
File: 1455830053983.jpg (121KB, 800x551px) Image search: [Google]
1455830053983.jpg
121KB, 800x551px
Reliable multi-hdd external enclosure (in the UK)? I know you're likely to shout louder if yours doesn't work, but amazon is littered with mixed reviews on most of the units I've seen.
>>
>>56425635
Just use your smartphone (make sure it has microSD card slots). You don't need a dedicated device
>but muh DACs
DACs haven't been a problem for years. The cheapest phone is just as good as the high-end DACs for the majority of audio files.

Also, I don't know how well those proprietary devices handle FLAC and other formats.
>>
>>56425715
yeah I'm trying with a debugger to find the value I see on screen and identify its address but since the value is not unique, it gives me thousand results and I've to manually edit one by one to see which one is the right one, but in the process the program crashes and I've to start over again.
>>
How do I approach the subject of math when it comes to programming? I always hear that it is needed for programming, but I am not sure what level is required. I am also not sure in what way the math is applied to programming, but I might understand fully once I actually learn the math.

Is Calculus the highest level of math I need? Do I need something else to go with it? I'm planning to learn it without taking a class.
>>
>>56425792

I know. I have a perfectly fine LG G5. But I want something that is durable and fairly light. I do a decent bit of weights and running. I went full retard and smashed my Moto E while doing dumbbell press.
>>
>>56425798
what are you trying to RE ?
>>
>>56425826

You need linear algebra, algorithms, a whole bunch of other stuff. Math = logic = programming.
>>
>>56425798
How are you doing this and why? This sounds like a big no-no in the vast majority of cases. The only exception is maybe an emulator
>>
What's a good VPN for android? Need to watch my Chinese cartoons.
>>
File: fug.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
USB
UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONNECTION

stopped working on windows 8 laptop that has been in a static location for months. Last confirmed as working last week when I plugged a cable in to use a controller with it. I'm in device manager manually disabling and re-enabling all of my usb devices now to see if its some dumb windows bullshit. Other usb ports still work this one suddenly unresponsive and or no power.

Any suggestions besides
>scanning for hardware changes
>disabling and re enabling usb devices

I have used many devices with these usb plugs over the course of 3 or so years could it be a registry problem. etc USB not working.
>>
>>56425826
Differential Equations and Discrete Math might be good to have. Probably more than Calculus will do for you.

Also Calc isn't the hightest math. After that you move into pure proofs a lot of the time.
>>
>>56425884

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/client-support/
>>
>>56425841
>>56425868

More like I'm messing with the program for fun, I don't really need to RE it but I figured the only kind of software capable of accomplishing something like this would be professional RE software. The program by the way is just a game.
>>
>>56425836
okay, I work out a bit too. I personally set my phone on a table and use bluetooth headphones for all of my music. The range is perfectly fine and I get to listen to podcasts, youtube, and music while I work out. Bluetooth doesn't degrade audio, so audio depends on the speakers (most of the time). Battery lasts me two weeks with standard use.

I bought https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10012138/4323408-bluetooth-csr4-0-sports-stereo-headset
>>
>>56425930
if you toss the game over I can take a look.
>>
>>56425907
>costs money
>>
>>56425969

>>normie who thinks he can watch his chinkshit for free without the botnet
>>
>>56425982
>>56425884
Orbot (Tor) recently included VPN support
>>56425930
I am >>56425868 , is it open sourced? If it is, compile it with debugging options. You can try running it in valgrind and spit the output into kcachegrind just to see what is happening.
>>
>>56425982
>implying I care about botnet
I work for the government, I'm probably being listened too right now. I just want to fake a US IP.
>>
>>56425988
I set Orbot to US, but I still couldn't get my stuff on CR.
>inb4 CR sucks
>>
>>56426031
I don't watch anime, so I don't know what CR does. I use Russian nodes as exit nodes and I haven't had any problems
>>
>>56426091
The problem is that my anime are region-locked, and they still aren't showing when I set it to US.
>>
>>56426151
Are you sure you enabled the VPN from inside of the app? It doesn't come enabled by default.
>>
>>56426193
Thank you, I'm a fucking retard.
>>
File: reverse_memeing.jpg (67KB, 514x208px) Image search: [Google]
reverse_memeing.jpg
67KB, 514x208px
>>56425958
>>56425988
do you know this game? kek
>>
I got a stupid question.

When I render out of this software, it takes 99% of my gpu performance, but it doesn't really need to.

Can I somehow limit how much performance I give it? GPU wise.

Because I'm tired of the rest of my programs stuttering because of it.
>>
>>56426273
Try giving it the lowest process priority. If the CPU runs slow enough, it can't keep up with the GPU. Besides that, I don't think GPU task scheduling is something you have access to.
>>
>>56426193
New problem, I don't actually have internet connection once it turns on.
>>
>>56426311
that's odd. It can take some time for Orbot to connect to the Tor network. Click the icon in the drop down menu and check the status.
>>
>>56420896
I apologize for being retarded and I would like to thank you gentlemen for creating the opportunity for me to post here.

I'm about to wipe this PC and reinstall Windows 7.

The thing is, I've always had a disc that came with the system or something like that, and a product key. Product key is scratched off from years of use, and this model did not come with a CD.

I've reformatted PC's before, been awhile though, but I always forget about the drivers, so I need to play driver hunt with older pcs that aren't officially supported (im poor).

Found the product key in "system" before I posted. Any tips for the driver issue? Regarding the OS itself can I just burn any old iso or create a bootable USB to begin the 7 installation?

This thing is infected bad, thats why I'm going full hard drive nuke and not attempting any kind of repair/restore.
>>
>>56426347
Here's where it seems to be getting stuck.
>>
File: 1472818320187.png (180KB, 599x484px) Image search: [Google]
1472818320187.png
180KB, 599x484px
Say I want to "duplicate" my desktop output to both Displayport (what I'm using with my main monitor) and HDMI (to a capture card) - is there any way to do that?

I have GTX980Ti, which has DP and HDMI

tl;dr same desktop output to both dp and hdmi at the same time
>>
Should I get a laptop with i7 and integrated graphics or an i5 and dedicated graphics.
For some light gaming and college stuff
>>
Can I only download one file from a torrent megapack? Found a vid I want but can't find it alone, only in like a 20GB megapack. I only want that one file. If it's possible how can I do this? Thanks.
>>
Where did the desktop fags go to? I finally decided to rice my desktop but they're all gone
>>
>>56425309
Isn't that covered for you if you are working on a boat? At least while you are at sea, and then when you're done you can just go back home to wherever.
>>
Why do people steal and cheat others? Don't they think about how they would feel if someone did the same to them?
>>
>>56426512
If you have to ask that way then get an i5.

i7 is a waste of money if you aren't even bothering to get a dedicated GPU. Do you have space for upgrades in the future?
>>
How to make Windows 7 taskbar look like W10 without fucking up the system?
>>
>>56426579
I know I hate bike robbers more than anything. That shit pisses me off.

These are people's livelihoods. People use them to get to work you fucking assholes.
>>
>>56426527
use a better torrent client, like tixati, which allows file picking
>>
>>56426579
Often they convince themselves that their victims are more well-off than they are, and thus will not be overly hurt by the loss or don't need it as much as they do.

Of course, there are also many that simply do not give a shit.
>>
>>56426603
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
>>
>>56426622
Do any modern torrent clients not allow you to download individual files?
>>
My xperia z5 premium's headphone jack has stopped working, can I fix it in any way?
>>
Will there be any noticeable improvements on buying an 6-8 core AMD processor over the Quad core?

Was looking at the x350 range specifically and mainly used work and gaming
>>
>>56426655
i don't know.
>>
There's a turkey standing in front of my house, what should I do? I'm scared.
>>
>>56426726
consensual sex
>>
>>56425368
This hasn't been updated in forever. Is it still good?
>>
>>56426726
Prepare for the worst
>>
>>56426775
yeah
>>
>>56426726
Bet on the deer for the fight
>>
>>56426726
Hi greece, ask bulgaria tojoin border blocking
>>
Does anyone have a mirror of the latest GlovePIE? The official site went down ages ago, and i can't find my previous install.
>>
I get a new phone in a week and want to keep my whatsapp chats, how do i do that?
>>
>>56426377
it looks like everything should be working fine
>Tor started; process id=10234
>>
File: 1356250085348.gif (1MB, 240x256px)
1356250085348.gif
1MB, 240x256px
I think my motherboard (P67A-UD3-B3) is dying since I've been OC'ing my CPU & RAM.
With that said would anyone be able to recommend an LGA 1155 mobo?
>>
>>56420896
I want a Linux distro that would be good for a local server so I could store all my memes and music and access it from any device within range of the desktop I'm planning to use for the server.

Suggestions?
>>
what's the best way to get virus free windows 7 or 10 these days? for purposes of dual booting.
can i install windows after linux or do i need to reinstall linux too?
>>
>>56427017
Debian. There is nothing better for servers than Debian if you want stability and security.
>>
>>56427119
Just install windows like normal but leave however much of a partition you want for linux and install that afterward.
>>
>>56427017
>>56427158
Debian or Ubuntu Server. I'd opt for Ubuntu Server just because the packages are probably newer.
>>
>>56427119
>implying Windows is not a virus itself
>>
>>56427175
but muh gamez
>>56427162
i was afraid of that.

so should i just buy windows and break my streak of not giving microsoft money?
>>
>>56427119
>Windows 7
http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
>Windows 10
Media Creation Tool
>>
So my sister and her roommates internet slows to a crawl when all 6 of them are trying to watch netflix and shit at the same time (no fucking shit). My question is besides getting a faster connection is there anything that can be done? I was thinking about trying to implement some QOS but I'm not sure how well that would work when they are all using the same traffic type.
>>
>>56427222
I've used fake windows 7 for idk how many years now. I've never received notices to upgrade to win10 or any of that because of this.

I've been in and out of this install of Win7 and changed the partition sizes multiple times and never had a problem with this iso past some rudimentary driver jerry rigging.
>>
>>56427244
Make sure the router isn't the problem (probably isn't). Install DD-WRT and overclock that shit. QoS probably won't hurt, but I don't know what kind of algo would be best
>>
File: Figure06.jpg (9KB, 551x209px)
Figure06.jpg
9KB, 551x209px
why does 4:3 in landscape mode seem pretty square, but 3:4 (portrait) seem so long?
>>
>>56422625
bought a refurb x220, had to send it back because mobo was dying out of the box. The one they sent me to replace it had a faulty wifi card which i have to replace myself. But who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and wont have any issues with it.
>>
Would installing OSX El Capitan to a gaming computer on a separate SSD be a smart thing to do? I haven't dual booted operating systems before but I'd like to get either OSX or even Linux for work related things and keep Windows 10 just for gaming.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>56427360
Because your biological FOV is landscape
>>
Can anyone help me get through the lame Dell sonicwall my school has setup?
I've tried Google translate and HTTPS although neither if them have worked so far im looking into tor but I'm stumped with configuration anyone?
>>
>>56427387
>>56427387
>Would installing OSX El Capitan to a gaming computer on a separate SSD be a smart thing to do? I haven't dual booted operating systems before but I'd like to get either OSX or even Linux for work related things and keep Windows 10 just for gaming.
>Thanks in advance.
I'm not of dual boot with a primary os as windows but the dual boot feature in osx/macos called boot camp is really easy to use. So I suggest getting osx on your primary SSD and booting to windows using that
>>
>>56421030
>Tesla is named because normies think it's a cool electricity related word

ftfy
>>
Have been there any advancements against HIV/AIDS recently?
>>
File: 1471360219953.jpg (31KB, 365x352px) Image search: [Google]
1471360219953.jpg
31KB, 365x352px
built a PC a few months ago, first time doing so

occasionally my system freezes and a forced reboot is required

how do i figure out the cause of something like this? i reseated the ram and i haven't had an issue since, but the freezes are so erratic that i could probably go 2 weeks before it happens again 3 times in 1 day.
>>
>>56427501
probably hard drive related

if you're on windows go look at your system logs. if it's a hd problem then they'll be errors in there
>>
File: 1470873069448.jpg (3KB, 105x104px)
1470873069448.jpg
3KB, 105x104px
>>56427532
thanks budday
>>
Using a flatscreen TV as an impromptu monitor, the display resolution is screwy when using an HDMI cable. Do I need to downgrade to a VGA, or is there some kind of adapter I can get?
>>
>>56427674
screwy in what way? stretched?
>>
>>56427688
Yeah, doesn't even remotely fit the screen. I haven't tried fiddling with the TV settings yet though, I'd have to track down/buy a remote
>>
>>56427712
yea that's probably the display scale ratio or whatever it's called setting. it's probably set to stretched and you just need to put it to normal. if there's a menu button on your tv you can get in the settings and change it
>>
I need a machine that I can use to type on that has no internet connectivity or possibility of sending data other than to a printer or to a physically present usb drive, preferably with a decent word processor.

Apparently they don't make physical word processors any more. It looks like you can't buy electronic typewriters anymore either.

Is my only option a typewriter?

I was going to build a basic mini ITX PC with no wireless functionality and never connect it to the internet, but it seems you can't buy physical media for common word processors any more - is there any word processor software that you can buy physical media for any more?
>>
>>56427290
They are renting their router from the ISP so I can't install DD-WRT as much as I would love to. Centrylinks interface leaves a lot to be desired from what I'm used to. I'll just have to tell them the best I can do is mess around with the QOS and see if that helps any.
>>
>>56427776
You can just buy a raspberry pi and never connect it to the internet.
>>56427782
it sucks you can't use DD-WRT
>>
>>56427776
If you prefer Zip Disquettes you can use older macintoshes
>>
>>56427776
As for the word processor:
EMACS
M
A
C
S
>>
>>56421801
You're a retard. What if someone wants a 1080
>oh 1080 is retard tier
>if you cant afford titan x than go for 1070 or save more money

You fucking autist, the 1070 is fantastic.It is a 1440p monster, and a lot of people play in 1440p.
>>
File: 1472743637202.jpg (11KB, 304x301px) Image search: [Google]
1472743637202.jpg
11KB, 304x301px
>>56422600
>owns an AMD cpu
>>
What is the purpose of Amazon AWS
>>
>>56426579
something something stirner meme property morals something spook egoists something
>>
>>56426375
plz?

I'm going to try "driver genius"
>>
What's the recommended version of Windows 7 for home use?
>>
>>56426726
Sit on the front porch and wiggle your jowls while you masturbate furiously. Eye contact is vital here. If you're too skinny to have jowls you're sol.
>>
>>56423934
z99 isn't a motherboard variety. Do you mean X99? That's for LGA 2011
Also, H170 is a non-overclockable version of Z170
B150 is a lesser version of that
H110 is the worst variety, still gud doe
>>
>>56425368
>>56426775
why does apg need to find accounts on my device?

why does it need network access?
>>
>>56427360
maybe because your eyes are next to each other, not stacked.
>>
I haven't really bothered with data backup or anything in the past, but after recently having a few storage things die, I'd like to now. NAS isn't really a option for me, as I have a few roomies on my network, and they'd fuck with it if given the chance. I'm also on an internet plan that gives me a 400GB cap a month, with no sign of that changing soon, so offsite or cloud ins't really a great option for me. I need a way to keep my shit safe from roomies, safe from storage dying, and not bust my data cap. What options do I have?
>>
>>56424140
There is a good book called Hello World! Which is good for learning Python if you're into that.
>>
>>56427908
Ultimate
>>
>>56427847
>implying it isn't the best bang for the buck
IMHO, even if this is a serious problem, its probably because I didn't care about temps at all in the beginning
>>56427932
Redundant DVD-Rs or BD-Rs is the best option for backups.
>>
>>56425053
Cryrorig C7
>>
I bought this cable

https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8V204tt06-E3-P-3-5mm-Stereo-Extension/dp/B004EL9ZWA

in hopes of extending my headphones to reach the computer from a bit farther. But with it the sound from each side of my headphones have different volume. Did I do something wrong? I don't know much about audio.
>>
>>56428124
If the headphones worked fine when plugged directly you have a damaged cable
>>
>>56427955
>DRD-Rs or BD-Rs

Are you retarded? Just get some extra drives and do it over USB OP
>>
>>56428141
Just my luck. Thanks for the confirmation.
>>
>>56422989
select all songs
go to info
change all of them

some might have spaces or something else weird

if that doesnt work, take a look at the sorting info
(pic related)
>>
Is there such thing as a USB 3.0/3.1 cable?
>>
>>56423730
you have carpet in your kitchen??
>>
Quickest way to copy files between a laptop and a pc, have physical access to both
>>
I have
>1 existing 1TB drive with Windows 7 on it
>3 empty 1TB drives
and
>1 SSD (540GB)

I'm wanting to wipe and create a raid array with the 4 HDDs and install Windows on the SSD.
There are files on the existing drive I want to move onto the RAID.
I'm thinking move them onto the SSD, create the RAID and move the files from the SSD to the RAID before installing windows onto it.

My current idea is to move the files with the Windows disk command prompt or maybe even a LiveCD?

What is the least stupid way to do this?
>>
i'm running linux mint with an amd r9 270 card, using the fglrx driver. i'm getting a nvidia gtx 1060 and would like to know what will happen when i install the card and boot up mint. will i get a black screen, or command prompt, or will i get a workable gui of sorts (so i can purge the ati driver and install the nvidia one.)
>>
>>56428309
I'm not sure, but if you uninstall the amd drivers before installing the nvidia card you should be fine, because it will just full back to integrated graphics
>>
>>56428340
fall*
>>
>>56428252
ssh (sftp?) over lan is pretty fast. don't know about fastest.
>>
>>56428296
Win7 has a built in software RAID set up function in the disk management section of device management.

Install Win7 on your SSD and copy everything you want from the TB drive to it. Wipe the HDD and set up RAID from the OS in the SSD.

You will know it works when all 4 drives appear as one or two in your hard drive list on My Computer
>>
>>56428340
that makes sense. would simply switching to xorg be sufficient? would mint pick up on the change of cards and offer the propriety nvidia driver? pic related.
>>
>>56428405
computer management* not device management
>>
>>56428405
I forgot to say I want to use RAID5 (which WIN7 doesn't support - or has disabled support for for licensing reasons...).

If having 2 Win7 installations at the same time is not a bad idea I could:
>Install Win to SSD
>Move files into the remainder of SDD (should be enough)
>Wipe old Windows and create RAID
>move files from SSD to RAID
>>
>>56428496
Win7 does not support RAID5 unless you have Windows Server edition

http://superuser.com/questions/7683/which-software-raid-modes-does-each-version-of-windows-7-support

To the second part, yes that's exactly what I'm telling you to do. IIRC windows will just ask you at the boot screen which OS you want so make sure you name them like Windows 7 SSD and HDD or something to set them apart.
>>
When should you consider getting a UPS?
>>
>>56428425
I guess so, but I don't have much experience with mint like distros, sorry
>>
what is the name of that thing everyone uses to image search posts on 4chan witout leaving the site? is it an extension?
>>
How can i record my screen on high res @ 60fps on Botnet10 btw :^)

How do i do it? i see high quality webms of screens all the time but not sure how to achieve this
>>
>>56428576
Thanks, for some reason I thought two win installs would be more of a ball ache.
>>
>>56428646
OBS I'd say
>>
>>56428669
Sure, if you get confused check your boot order to make sure you are opening the right one when you need it.
>>
>>56428708
What config though? to get max res and 60 fps i have tried before but can't get it right
>>
>>56424032
Jack is probably faulty, assuming you have your output settings configured properly.
>>
>>56424032
>>56428772
Oh, if you're talking about a case front-panel jack or something similar it usually has something that must attach to the motherboard, so be sure it is attached properly if that's the case.
>>
>>56428152
I guess that depends on the use-case. I trust DVD-Rs and CD-Rs for long term storage more than I do USB drives (also redundancy is always nice in the event of a physical catastrophe)
>>56428252
I have a DD-WRT router (Linksys WRT54G) dedicated to connecting my laptop and my desktop and everything worked perfectly. You can get 1Gbps if you want, but you would have to drop some money on a router or look into directly connecting the two computers. I never had problems with the 100Mbps speeds, but you can easily upgrade it to 1Gbps if you have some money and USB 3.0/3.1 ports (they are blue, sometimes dubbed SS or SuperSpeed).
>>
>>56427932
have you tried using XZ's insane compression settings to get the file to a reasonable size?
>>
File: ---.jpg (73KB, 960x641px)
---.jpg
73KB, 960x641px
>>56428787
>>56428772
It's one of those 2 in 1 jacks (mic and headphones). Shit's new though, also I'm an incompetent newfag . Been googling for hours and can't seem to find anything.
>>
Does anybody have a good guide for cleaning your laptop? Mine is dirty as fuck.
>>
>>56429032
damp rag and wipe it down
>>
>>56429032
take the various parts apart, clean the dirty stuff off/out of them, put the parts back together.
>>
Does having V Sync enabled make my GPU run cooler? Also what happens if I enable V Sync but dip below 60/30fps at any moment? Am I then capped at 30fps?
>>
>>56428907
I haven't, not really sure about compressing everything. Wouldn't that fuck up some files?
>>
>>56429335
No, the only compression that messes up files is lossy compression (only found in audio formats like MP3). XZ is lossless, so it doesn't compress as much. However, it works amazingly if you have enough computing power.
>>
>>56429366
How would I go about doing it then?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-03-18-56-17.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-03-18-56-17.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
> clean install 10 bc 6 yr old PC was really slow using 7
>everything is great so far
>play 30min of CS Source
>laptop overheats and shuts off

My PC can definitely handle the game, but this overheating problem was one of the reasons I cleaned installed.
What can I do?
Would buying an SSD help? How about physically opening the laptop and clearing the dust?
(both which I've never done before)
>>
Need a windows 7 installation disk for my new pc but I can't find an old copy anywhere, and I don't have the means to pirate a copy since my only computer is the new pc in question.

Any ideas? I would love to avoid paying Micro$oft for 10 year old software
>>
>>56429223
It will if v-sync doesn't require your gpu usage to be at 99% and is lower than that. If you have v sync enabled and had performanced dipped, depending on the game, it will be capped to a rounded framerate such as 60,45,30,15, ect.
>>
>>56429459
Cleaning the dust is a definite must. Sounds like the fan is clogged. A SSD wouldn't help, CS shouldn't be that resource intensive.
Post Speccy if possible
>>
File: 1450759817840.jpg (607KB, 872x5056px) Image search: [Google]
1450759817840.jpg
607KB, 872x5056px
>>56420896
Hi /g/!

I'm trying to setup some VMs to run some tests, and I need to setup some machines through NAT. While the network is doing well, I don't know why they keep restarting the connection once every minute aprox.

What could be wrong?

I'm using VMWare 12 on a Linux 4.4 host to run Debian 7 (using network manager to manage devices) and Windows 7 vms, if that's relevant.

Learn to install gentoo as my thanks.

>TL;DR Why does a NAT'd VM keeps resetting its connection?
>>
File: scrotum.png (112KB, 1123x686px)
scrotum.png
112KB, 1123x686px
>>56429516
Looks like this
>>
>>56429366
I just tried it out, only got my 1GB folder to .99GB. I need a little more than that
>>
I have an old 750GB single platter 2.5" drive, is it worth getting an external enclosure for? Or should I just get a real external?
>>
Is there an easier way then using avidemux to splice a portion of a video?
Its slow and glitches all the time.
>>
>>56429701
pet a 2.5 > 3.5 adapter and throw it in
>>
My PC is old as hell, running a triple channel RAM setup, but currently only have 3x2GB of DDR3, 9-9-9-24, 1.5v, 1333 (PC3 10666) in it right now.

Now I want to put 6 more gigs in it for like 35 bucks, but I don't know if the other kit is compatible. It is the same specs except it's 1600 (PC3 12800).

I've heard that as long as the latency and shit is the same it should be alright, and will just run slower. It is also made by the same manufacturer (looks identical to my model).
>>
File: 87649756743.png (108KB, 911x388px) Image search: [Google]
87649756743.png
108KB, 911x388px
Why doesn't my text filter for > work? Any thread immediately started with this will not be picked up by the filter and I have tried a bunch of other combinations too. I want to do this because this is for /v/ and, with exceptions pinned to the top, its always shitposting.

Don't know where else to ask
>>
itunes/mediamonkey alternative?
>>
>>56429803
shit's broke yo.
>>
>>56429747
The new ram will default to the old rams setup.
You dont need more then 6gb
>>
>>56429803
"*"
Isnt what you think it means
Read perl regex
>>
>>56430107
it is the same without the wildcard, but with it I catch 3 more threads than without
>>
I just turned my computer on and my R9 380x's fans were working at max speed, it was loud as hell.

It went back to normal when I reset the computer, but any idea why this may have occurred?
>>
>>56430147
/[>]/i
>>
>>56430192
This doesn't block them either unfortunately
>>
>>56429747
just check your Motherboard Manual for chipset limitation,QVL, and other ram specifications. i trust you kept it... Even if you didnt there is likely one online. Make sure your board is capable of running it legacy.
>tl;dr
>read your mobo manual
>>
File: 2016-09-04 16_25_46-Calculator.jpg (24KB, 318x534px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-04 16_25_46-Calculator.jpg
24KB, 318x534px
What do?
>>
Is anybody else getting file not found errors from rutracker magnet links?
>>
I wrote a virus. Where do I put it so that people download it
>>
>>56430376
label it as a crack for a popular game that gets pirated a lot and put it on a public tracker
>>
>>56429006
>>56424032
Yeah, getting annoying as hell.
>>
>>56430458
If you match the file size to the actual thing you'll get more people. But dumb kids will probably run it either way.
>>
>>56427955
>when the i3 6100 is a beast for a similar cost
>still uses AMD
>>
Is Fractal Designs Define R5 a decent upgrade from the CM 690 II?
>>
Best Android virtual box for Debian? I need it to be persistent and it's better if it's free.
>>
Anyone good at bash scripts?

I want to do

#!/bin/bash

if [logical-expression]
then
if [logical-expression]
then
statement

else
statement

else #this else gives me a syntax error: "unexpected token else"
statement
fi

Welp
>>
where do people torrent shit these days?
>>
>>56424891
Pls respond
>>
>>56430611
fi you faggot
>>
New thread, we're almost at the bump limit

>>56430882
>>56430882
>>56430882

>>56430882
>>56430882
>>
>>56429502
Ok great
>>56429459
>>
>>56429484
Bumping this question
Is there somewhere I can just buy a bootable USB drive or something?
>>
>>56426726

post pics of it
>>
>>56427892

google drivers for your motherboard model

You should be able to find most of the required drivers

Pro-tip: Always keep a back up of your drivers in a folder somewhere
>>
>>56422016
get an extension. if there's no extension. write it yourself.
>>
how can i enter grub? tried it with that recovery tool. didn't work.
i have installed ubuntu alongside windows 10. besides the fact that windows runs now a 5 times faster than before nothing happened.(explain?) i can't find my linux distro i've installed on my new 160gb partition.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.