[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows 7 Microsoft Botnet/Telemetry Removal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: NSA_Plot_Twist.jpg (25KB, 488x288px) Image search: [Google]
NSA_Plot_Twist.jpg
25KB, 488x288px
So, /g/ not all of us, but some of us know about this shit that Microsoft is pulling so here's the steps to remove the telemetry
related shit from your computer.

1. Create a batch script from here to uninstall updates which are telemetry
https://gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9

2. cmd:
sc stop Diagtrack
sc delete Diagtrack

Task Scheduler Library:
Everything under "Application Experience"
Everything under "Autochk"
Everything under "Customer Experience Improvement Program"
Under "Disk Diagnostic" only the "Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataCollector"
Under "Maintenance" "WinSAT"
"Media Center" and click the "status" column, then select all non-disabled entries and disable them.

services.msc:
"Remote Registry" to "Disabled" instead of "Manual".

Please tell me if I missed something.
>>
>>56419342
You missed the part that microsoft hardcoded telemetry in the kernel and you can't disable it. Stop using shit OS
>>
>>56419385
that only applies for win10. every windows version probably has a US government backdoor, but then again so does your hardware unless you're using some ancient shit.
>>
>>56419385
Well this is somewhat useful. I'd gladly use an alternative if there was one which had a lot of shit supported for it.
>>
>>56419533
Ubuntu
>>
You simply can't disable all of it.
>>
I have an untuched ISO of Win7 from april 2015.

Can i just install that and disable all upddates when installed? Will i be botnet free this way?
>>
>>56419552
Yeah, thanks, but I'll pass.
>>
>>56419564
I should be safe if i disable my internet and turn off all the update crap, right?
>>
>>56419631
Just follow the steps and turn off Windows Updates in the services.
>>
>>56419565
why do you winbros even browse /g/? to read about graphics cards? Can't you guys get a new part of /v/ to infest? /vpc/?
>>
>>56419564
What's the point of installing all of those so called security updates? You don't even have a changelog and you can't tell what's being patched and upgraded, so, why bother at all?
>>
>>56419564
yeah but you are at risk of getting owned without security updates (even if you don't use IE)
>>
>>56419670
Did you read my post? I dont want to install any updates at all. I just want to install a fresh copy of Win7 and then disable all updates.

>>56419680
>getting owned

this isnt Mr.Robot
>>
>>56419385
External firewall blocking traffic aimed towards Microsoft domains
>>
>>56419680
what in the fuck are you talking about?

Who is going to direct an attack at your PC. The spiciest files your shit is probably your futa, and nobody wants to see that.
>>
>>56419689
you're a fucking idiot you have to fully qualify the host if you're going to block it by name.

they could just change the dns record to wsus123456789.microsoft.com if they fucking wanted you idiot.
>>
>>56419689
and as if your shitty fucking thomson modem is going to handle acls anyway you ffucking fraud.
>>
>>56419707
who the fuck blocks domain names you fucking idiot

you block the IPs
>>
>>56419707
>>56419715
>he doesn't know how to secure his network properly
>>
File: FreudBot-B.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
FreudBot-B.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>56419723
>Mr. Wayne block all microsoft IPs.
>>56419725
><<<ur e-peen as u greentext on me.
>>
>>56419715
>he doesnt have a dedicated pfsense box

what are people like you even doing on /g/?
>>
1. install gentoo
2. don't look back
>>
File: stallman yung.png (122KB, 480x332px) Image search: [Google]
stallman yung.png
122KB, 480x332px
>>56419824
>>
>>56419342
you forgot to run "destroy windows 10 spying" and "Spybot Anti-Beacon"
>>
>/g/ - Windows™ SuperUsers
>>
>>56419845
Neat, thank you.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.