[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows 7 or 10?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Swag.png (287KB, 493x414px) Image search: [Google]
Swag.png
287KB, 493x414px
/g/eniuses I need some help. The new windows 10 update fucked my how shit up where I can't do anything.

I'm buying a new SSD and need a new OS, should I use win 7 or stay with 10? I have Win 7 professional and the Windows key for my current OS was an upgrade from 8.1 which I don't have the disc or key for anymore.

I was thinking of buying the license from kinguin and installing the OS from a thumb drive, any advice on this?
>>
7 with disabled updates or GNU/Linux are the only options.
>>
>>56414161
Sounds good.
>>
>>56414181
I've always been a Windows user, how difficult would the learning curve be if I switched to Linux?
>>
>>56414255
Difficulty depends on what you want to do. But you should probably stick to Ubuntu because there are a million support answers and you'll always be googling stuff
>>
>>56414255
Aside from compatibility, there isn't any difficulty really.

Nowadays you can do pretty much everything via GUI without even touching the terminal as long as you don't touch the autismo distros.
>>
>>56414161
Windows 8.1 with CS.
>>
>>56414161
Try using Winaero tweaker to fix a lot of Windows bullshit. It makes the experience much less painful
>>
>>56414298
>>56414315
Thanks guys
>>
>>56414395
I can't browse the web, access my ssettings, edit anything in registry edit, when I try to run things as admin, the screen dims with no yes or no button to click nor can I click where they usually are, when I ctrl alt del I'm met with a unclickable black screen that I can only leave with slamming esc and to top it off I cant shut down or restart my PC without doing a hard reset. When I try to shut it down the screen just goes back, still on, and doesn't shut down. I fucking love this update. 10/10
>>
>>56414444
>Nice quadra quads
Yeah my machine was one of the lucky ones. Not sure what causes it, but the anniversary update just fucking destroys some computers. Gotta love that botnet
>>
File: doubleslongarm.jpg (6KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
doubleslongarm.jpg
6KB, 165x115px
>>56414541
I envy you and everyone else that can access their settings to check for updates to fix this garbage.

Accidental.jpg
>>
>>56414181
I'm someone who has run every version of Windows, installed all updates, and pirated tons of software+media over the years with no issues. What's the point of not installing updates?
>>
>>56416120
botnet
>>
>>56414161
>windows

>windows 10

lmao stay pleb
>>
>>56416130
Great, so I have no reason to stop installing all updates.
>>
>>56416120
Microsoft not fucking up your os. Win 10 AE kills performance for example. So auto updates in win 10 equals shit performance
>>
>>56414161
It doesn't matter what shitty windows version you install, micro$oft is gonna fuck you in the ass either way.
>>
>>56416120
There are some new, post-Win10 updates that add telemetry and other "botnet" stuff. Most of them seem to be recommended/optional though.
>>
>>56414161
Windows 10 LTSB edition, read about mods on MDL.

It's the only sane option.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.