[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OSSIC Future 3D Audio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Are you ready for the future of Audio?
Nothing will be the same again

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ossic-x-immersive-3d-audio-headphones-sound#/
>>
4chan is not for advertising your kickstarter
>>
>>56412385
OSSIC calibration process starts as soon as you put the headphones on. The data is instantly paired with our smart algorithms to determine accurate sound playback based on your anatomy and position. No laboratories required.
>>
>>56412385
The project has over 2 million dollars funding so far. So it's obvious he's not advertising it here. He's just sharing it.
>>
>>56412348
CEO of THX supports it halfway through the video so it seems pretty legit
>>
>unique IP addresses in thread: 2
Fuck off OP
>>
>>56412414
holy shit people really do give money to anything that sounds good in theory. 3D audio is a meme. What the fuck is 3D in this audio ?

How is this any different from a regular 7.1 headset ? Most of the content you listen to is stereo anyway and 7.1 doesnt even sound 3D compared to what you can accomplish with binaural stereo.
>>
>>56412543
Clearly you don't understand, OSSIC X is the world’s first smart 3D audio headphone that instantly calibrates to the listener with built in algorithms. It also has built in head tracking so sounds will stay fixed in space.
>>
>>56412543
Basically head tracked headphones that emulate 3D audio in software ?
Why the fuck would you need two head tracking devices for VR ? Just use the data from your HMD to tell the game engine head orientation.

What kind of people bought this crap ? Surely they dont sound that good compared to regular headphones. The only use I see for this head tracking feature is in VR applications and again , why the need for two independent head tracking devices ?
>>
Will this improve the feeling of having a cute girl next to me when listening to ASMR?
>>
I have surround sound for actual fucking audio that is around me
Headphones have two speakers it comes from two directions there is barely even any separation they are garbage
>>
>>56412348
Are they just repackaging Sofalizer or OpenAL with a fancy GUI for setup?
>>56412715
>Basically head tracked headphones that emulate 3D audio in software ?
>emulate 3D audio in software
Yeah, you're from /v/ and bought some shitty headset, never come back here
>>56412841
>he doesn't know about hrtf
Enjoy your colored sound from your shitty basement
>>
>>56412841
>you're from /v/
kek judging from the butthurt reaction I guess I was right. If you read a little bit about what this gimmick is you figure that its a head tracked headset that makes audio sources sound like they are coming from speakers "around" the user.

I bet listening to anything that isnt made specifically for it must sound like total trash.
>>
>>56412897
I know about the shitty gaymen drivers that fuck with the latency I don't use them though
>>56412982
And they advertise it as being a good thing and not just shitty software processing sound for a bunch of cheap tiny drivers
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.