[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple tax devasion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Margrethe_Vestager_823376a.jpg (1005KB, 1500x999px) Image search: [Google]
Margrethe_Vestager_823376a.jpg
1005KB, 1500x999px
Apple, you better pay op.

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_STATEMENT-16-2926_en.htm
>>
ireland making bank
>>
Game over. Behave or pay
>>
>>56411955
>Game over. Behave or pay
The EU is trying to make Apple pay taxes to Ireland that Ireland doesn't want. The benefits Ireland gets from Apple and other IT outfits being in Ireland dwarf the tax issues. If Apple has to pay they'll probably move elsewhere and so, probably, will the other IT firms. Maybe to the UK, which is no longer in the EU.
>>
>>56412194
The UK is still in the EU and will be for several more years.
>>
>"Thank Farage for Brexit. London, here we come!"
>>
Doesn't Apple have shitloads of cash anyway, I mean they can just pay the whole thing in cash and it won't make a dent in anything.
>>
>>56412368
Applel has no cash.
>>
>>56412368
they re-invest all their profits into removing essential parts of their phones e.g. headphone jack, most of the solder under the ICs
>>
>>56412368
Apple (like many large corporations) try to maximize their spending so as to not have a lot of money laying around accruing interest that they have to pay taxes on as a result of capital gains tax.
>>
>>56412368
>>56414109
It does have cash BUT it also has over $100 billion worth of debts. Apple can afford to pay this tax fine but they will get into more debt.
>>
>>56411909
This is horrible for Ireland, that's why they're challenging the EU's ruling.
>>
The EU shouldn't be seeing a single cent from Apple. Apple is based in the US so the US should get the tax dollars.

Perhaps the EU should fix how they allocate their budgets instead of trying to wage economic warfare against others.
>>
>>56414749

Apple based certain parts of their corporation in Europe to avoid US taxes. Problem is, they're also dodging EU taxes.

>>56412328

As soon as the UK actually files Article 50, that is.
>>
>>56414593
>200B """"""""""""""""cash"""""""""""""
>100B debt
>80B owed to US gov in dodged taxes
>15B owed to Ireland in dodged taxes that EU wants them to pay up
>5B actual cash for operations

Literally dead company walking.
>>
>>56415998
this desu senpai
>>
>>56415998
wtf i love eu now
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.