[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 8 GB of RAM enough for vidya games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1472870989892.jpg (208KB, 1000x670px) Image search: [Google]
1472870989892.jpg
208KB, 1000x670px
Is 8 GB of RAM enough for vidya games?
>>
>>56409245
Yes, but you can always download more RAM if you need some.
>>
>>56409257
Are you makign fun of me?
>>
You need at least 64GB of RAM to run video games, and an extra 64GB per player for multiplayer games.

It's okay, because you can download extra RAM cheap these days and if you're careful you can even torrent extra RAM (they monitor people trying to download RAM, so be careful).
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 220x229px
/g/ is making fun of me
>>
Yes. The one game that said it required more than that actually didn't as it turns out.
16gb still a safer bet however
>>
>>56409325
If you make a dumb thread, expect dumb answers.
Try a SQT or Google search next time.
>>
8 is fine dude. 16 would be more for if you were doing anything else while gaming on the same system.
>>
>>56409245
Is 8gb of ram enough to make my own informed decisions?
>>
>>56409245
>>>/v/
>>
>>56409915
This is likely to be the only non consumerist non meme answer you'll get. If you're gaymen you don't need a million other programs running in the background aside from maybe a music player and VOIP. 8 is plenty.
>>
My mobo won't recognise my 2nd stick of ram, nor does it support xmp profiles. Changing the voltage hasn't worked so far, and googling my issue has yielded no results. What do?
>>
Let's say that I have a Xeon X5460, a GTX 750 Ti and 4GB of RAM.

Am I fucked?
>>
>>56410845
Both of them are exactly the same model?
>>/sqt/
>>
>>56410890
Yes.
>>
>>56410845
Did you stick it in the wrong hole?
>>
>>56410890
You can browse any website you want and watch any video you want.
>>
>>56410926
Exact, came as a pair.
>>
>>56409268
No, I am not makign fun of you.
>>
>>56410945
Almost definitely, I tried them in all combinations. In one instance the graphics card fans would start, but the computer never made it to post.
>>
>>56409245
8 is fine for now but i wouldnt be surprised to see some games using more in the near future.
>>
>>56409245
Overbotch does not need more than 2 GB.
>>
>>56409245
>>56409325
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_personality_disorder
>>
If you have an IM client/browser/mediaplayer/etc running in the background at all times, not for modern games no.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.