[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why laptop batteries are so shit and expensive? Is there even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: feels bad manjussipaita.jpg (25KB, 240x351px) Image search: [Google]
feels bad manjussipaita.jpg
25KB, 240x351px
Why laptop batteries are so shit and expensive? Is there even going to be any improvement in near future?
>>
File: 2.png (310KB, 1352x498px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
310KB, 1352x498px
>>56406442
>tfw laptop batter costs more than the laptop
jews just want you to buy a new laptop
>>
Honestly, they aren't that awful. If you look in the direction of a chromebook or a 9 cell for a thinkpad, the batteries last upwards of 8 hours. The only thing that keeps a battery from lasting that long is having what most would consider good hardware. There's a trade off. But, if you wanted good hardware, you should've just built a desktop in the first place.
>>
>>56406883
I just wanted very portable laptop with good battery life for university.
>>
>>56406442
My laptop batteryt lasts ~ 7 hours about 2 years afer purchase
>>
well, from my experiences, apple laptops are just the great choice here, the only downfall is that you can't really game on them, and they are very VERY expensive, but you pay a premium for a premium i guess
>>
>>56406950
>disgusting
>>
>>56406825
>laptop batter

easybake laptops when?
>>
>buying OEM batteries
They're just 18650 cells, guys. If you have a soldering iron and the ability to watch YouTube you can fix it. They all use the same cells inside, pretty much. just look it up!

Most of the reason they suck is because the OEM's trying to ruse you out of money by making something that (allegedly) is totally unit-specific. All vendors do this with their equipment to lock people in. but it's dumb.
>>
>>56407088
My x230 accepts only genuine batteries and they have some sort of microchips inside.
>>
>>56407112
then you can crack open the case, desolder the cells and put new ones in; the individual cells don't have the protection circuitry, that's on the main board for the battery pack. however you do need to hook the old ones up in parallel with alligator clips while you do that so that current will continue to flow; otherwise the goddamned thing will recognize you're pwning it and lock down because in tyool 2016 even a fucking battery pack needs to have DRM to keep people from owning their own possessions
>>
You can get chink batteries for 20 dollars. Also apparently there's a thing called "power bank for laptops"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.