[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMD screwing me over with drivers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: garbage on screen.jpg (1MB, 1062x1195px) Image search: [Google]
garbage on screen.jpg
1MB, 1062x1195px
Hey /g/, sorry to bother you with what is essentially tech support, but I have urgent need of help or at least some directions

I have a R9 280X with the latest drivers from AMD (16.8 beta ones), essentially updated everything since the problem has been showing up and nothing has helped me
The problem first strated coming up in June, after I updated to the most recent catalyst suite (at the time).
Currently, whenever a stream of video or media is played on this machine, the GPU will just regurgitate this on screen. Sometimes It will revert as soon as the source is terminated, other times it will require a restart.
I've already contacted AMD support and they said "just fill this survey and put this string at the end of it" 7 full days ago.

Thanks for anything you can give me.
>>
>>56399503
Sounds like you should have just bought a pre-built.
>>
>>56399539
Could have very well been a prebuilt, I built it over 2 years ago and it worked like the first day I booted it up until I updated the video drivers. I scrambled left and right to update everything else that was outdated hoping it would alleviate the problem, at least, but it didn't

Weird thing is it only shows up when I'm using video-related stuff, mostly from browsers and video players. I've searched around and found nothing, feels like I'm the only person to ever encounter this problem
>>
>>56399611
Have you un-installed those drivers and downgraded to a last known working set of drivers yet?
Have you changed over to another set of cables between your monitor and your gpu yet?
Before installing this newest set of drivers did you run DDU in safe mode first or did you install over the old drivers?
>>
raise power limit in afterburner. this is a common problem with AMD's rebranded cards.
>>
>>56399709
No, because I do not remember which was the last set of working drivers
Yes, it's an HDMI cable and it's definitely not the issue
No, Installed over via catalyst suite updater, because I'm a dumbass
>>56399731
How much?
>>
>>56399503
>he fell for the amdpajeet meme
That's what you get for buying pajeet cards.
>>
>>56399796
>No, because I do not remember which was the last set of working drivers

So find the earliest version of the driver you can, dump it into the root of c:, reboot into safe mode, nuke the old and install the new. Rinse and repeat till you find the spastic driver, roll back to the good one and see if you can work out if that specific version conflicts with anything else on your system.

Firmware versions/updates may be worth checking as well.
>>
>>56399809
I'm running out of manufacturers to run from m8, I still need a fucking graphic card, all of them gave me bitter pills to swallow in the past and if the trend keeps up, there's going to be more waiting for me in the future
>>56399834
I guess that's my nuclear option now, as soon as I find a reliable method to reproduce it. Thanks
>>
>>56399503
Go back to your last drivers and wait for better drivers to come out.
>>
>>56399503
this is what you get for trusting poo in loo
>>
Upgrade to an NVidia™ GeForce® GTX 10-series graphics card.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.