[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>GNU/Linux is bad for gaymen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: tux.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tux.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>GNU/Linux is bad for gaymen
>>
>>56395462
Wow, it can run a game that is based on an engine from ~2002. Fascinating.
>>
File: americanbeauty.png (1MB, 1181x1023px)
americanbeauty.png
1MB, 1181x1023px
>>56395462
>mmos
>>
are you retarded? lmfao
>>
File: 1472126869920.png (582KB, 939x1163px) Image search: [Google]
1472126869920.png
582KB, 939x1163px
>Linux has lower pings than Windows
Are you even trying?
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>56395503
well posted my friend
>>
>>56395462
Linux requires a specific hardware with dedicated Ethernet connection. I have two different laptops and neither of them play nice with Ubuntu, the wifi and audio go undetected and don't work properly.

So I am not going to custom build a Linux friendly desktop just to cure my autism.
>>
>>56395582
Maybe if you use Ubuntu 6.06
>>
>>56395594
15.10 was still reasonable. 16.04 completely fucked me over. It simply says device not ready in the wifi menu.
>>
>>56395582
>n00buntu
Just install a decent distro and set up your drivers properly.
>>
>>56395688
Use 15.10/Fedora/SUSE/Arch/Gentoo then.
You still use Windows 7, don't you?
>>
>>56395582
On the other hand, my Ubuntu runs fine with ethernet while windows couldn't detect it.
>>
>>56395462
I have an Alienware 15 R2 and I'm trying to decide what distro to install.
>>
File: 1406177619661.jpg (9KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
1406177619661.jpg
9KB, 248x233px
>>56395462

>44 fps
>>
>>56395769
Just use Ubuntu if you can't decide.
Easier and more convenient (e.g. add-apt-repository vs sources.list, additional drivers).
>>
>>56395794
Usually get 60+.
I was running on Ultra (10) here.
>>
>>56395462
Its bad for gaming because you have to jump through hoops with dual booting or GPU passthrough(and buy two GPUs) and such, god forbid wine, because less games are available on it
Linux is generally a better operating system, so its not suprising games are better on it when they are available natively.
>>
>>56395845
>Wine
sudo apt install wine

Most games work, such as WoW.
>>
>>56395879
Sometimes slower.
very often with problems. Even something as simple as yumenikki, the fucking savegame music doesnt play at her desk. Sitting there and saving with that music was one of the best parts of the game to me.
COmpare to windows, where games pretty much work automatically the majority of the time, because games are made for windows.
Well, maybe not with win10, if all that instability ive heard of extends to games and such, or the new DX ruins everything.
anyways, wine=doable, but not always, and can be a pain when you have to find out the fixes for every game you wanna play.
I dualboot for that reason, but id probably still be on win7 if I played games frequently still, rather than just once or twice every few days.
>>
>>56395845
Lots of games on steam are supported. Older games run just fine on wine, even multiplayer.
>>
>mmo"rpg"
stop spreading cancer
>>
>>56395933
>Well, maybe not with win10, if all that instability ive heard of extends to games and such, or the new DX ruins everything.

What instability exactly? I didn't see BSOD since my HDD died 3 years ago.
>>
>>56395982
something like a fourth of steams library, I think it was when I checked?
Thats alot of video games but a small portion of the games on steam. Alot of games one might wanna play aren't, not too small a part of my library isn't on steam.
>>
>>56395769
I don't like how easy ubuntu is to install. I have Arch on one laptop, and Gentoo on my Desktop.
>>
>>56396126
Honestly I don't even care, I've never even used steam since I don't gaym much. But I like the idea of cross platform gaming, especially since phones will probably be able to play PC games soon just by hooking up a keyboard and a mouse on them.
>>
>>56396244
well, neither do I *that much*, or I wouldnt be on linux.
Though I THink some of my issue with wine might be that I was trying to run my installation from my actual windows drive in wine, just the steam folder symlinked into wines drive. Maybe its less terribly fucky if you dont do that.
>>
>>56395462
Oh man, you sure disproved me with running a 12 year old game
>>
How do I get WoW to run on Ubuntu? It's stopped working since 6.2.
>>
>>56395794
you do realize that since the legion prepatch the game runs like shit compared to how it used to as far as FPS goes, right?
>>
what game?
>>
>>56396605
Lineage II
>>
>>56396605
Spotted the underage
>>
>>56395462
>THAT UI
>THAT CLASS
>THAT SPEC
>THAT SHITTY FPS IN BOTH CASES

Literally anyone who isn't an absolute failure at life doesn't care about your massive fps boost on your 10 years old gpu. Assuming this isn't just some elaborated shill/troll thread.
>>
People still care about WoW?
>>
>>56397599
Wow
>>
File: autism.png (405KB, 692x770px)
autism.png
405KB, 692x770px
This is what lonixfags actually believe
>>
Is overwatch on Linux possible?
>>
>>56395462
>inventory is open on Windows
>more text in the chat box
>obviously more people running around in the cropped portion of the screen
Can't fool me, GNUtard. Enjoy your ban for running something that Warden can't dig through.
>>
>>56396576
decrease your AA
>>
>>56395462
All of my games in Linux get really bad micro stuttering with and without compositing or vsync with my NVIDIA card. With my AMD card about a month ago, I was getting less than half the performance of windows with both fglrx and radeonsi, thlatter having constant tearing even with vsync on.

Linux gaming is a meme.
>>
>>56395462
That happen with a couple of games.

The lower ping and latency is something also common, it happens to me in Dota 2. Linux as better networking, because, you know, it's made to run mega servers.

I don't understand all the hate to Linux gaming, you really prefer to use Windows, a system bloated with fucking Candy Crush preinstalled, two gui systems and un-uninstallable programs, than to fight for something better.

Eventually Linux gaming will surpass Windows gaming performance, it's just a matter of time.

GPUs already work better Linux, CUDA performance in Linux is 15% greater than on Windows, because of the reduce overhead.
>>
>>56395462
Wait how do you run WoW on Linux?
>>
>>56398723
you open up a terminal and type wow.exe
>>
File: blegh.jpg (42KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
blegh.jpg
42KB, 430x430px
>>56395462
just close out of your shitty mmo and keep reading up on your phoenix university online courses, you fucking genius
>>
>>56398761
Yeah well WINE then? But how do you not get banned? I read a while back that Blizzard's cheat detection would flag emulated WoW and you'd get banned.
>>
>>56396690
Do you actually consider the age of someone's GPU in whether or not you consider them successful?

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: alien.jpg (25KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
alien.jpg
25KB, 600x600px
The winblows shilling is strong on this thread.
>>
File: 4ee.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
4ee.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>56395582
>>
>>56397894
At the moment no. Microsoft has a nasty monopoly thanks to their APIs being a lock-in mechanism but compatibility layers are slowly getting feature parity and the drivers are getting better so a lot of DX10-11 will probably be available in the future:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avOShRSe6A0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK3IMHBTjQM

Relevant channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos

If a significant number of games decides to use vulkan instead of DX12 a lot of recent games will probably be available on linux too.
>>
>>56399135
Also this:
https://www.winehq.org/winapi_stats
around 73% of the windows API is already implemented on wine.
>>
>>56396690
>Playing MMOs at all

Literally anyone who isn't an absolute failure at life doesn't play MMOs. If you know enough about WoW to identify the class of the character in the picture, please end it all.
>>
>>56399633
>Literally anyone who isn't an absolute failure at life doesn't play video games.
ftfy, man-baby
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.