[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MacBook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 3

File: MacBook.jpg (616KB, 2200x2000px) Image search: [Google]
MacBook.jpg
616KB, 2200x2000px
Anyone here with a MacBook?

Post your opinions, experiences etc.

Is it worth it?
>>
Genuinely curious about the 12 inch MacBook.

Is it worth doing moderately powerful stuff on? I've been watching the YouTube reviews and one side says it's literally a FB/Office machine while the other shows the thing processing a 4k video at really good speeds.
>>
>>56390047
Note that video editing is extremely CPU intensive
I have a laptop with i7 4710HQ clocked at around 2.5Ghz and it stutters at 4K video editing.
This is why I highly doubt that an intel core M clocked at under 1.5ghz without fans can handle 4K editing "good"
>>
The biggest sleeper-hit feature of the 12" MacBook is that it charges via a form of USB. This means that power banks will work on it, which means you can stuff hours of extra runtime into your loadout at your sole discretion, and at low cost.

Indeed, in a lot of ways, while the MacBook is a specific set of compromises, those compromises can often be rebalanced in such a way as to add functionality over what came before. I like to call this "macro-customization".

Incidentally, the same concept applies to the iPad. Want a keyboard? Alright, stick one on there via Bluetooth or the Smart Connector. Don't want a keyboard? That's fine too, you can go without one. Want better sound? Attach a speaker or headphones. Want more power? Don't pry the back off and swap the battery, just get a standardized power bank instead.
>>
>>56389983
Yes.

It's pretty much the last laptop made with a decent build quality. Fuck Lenovo for what they've done.
>>
>>56389983
I bought a Macbook Air for school. I find that there are plenty of apps that are magnificent for project management, productivity, to-dos, etc. My main problem is like 70% of the apps cost money. iStudiez Pro, Wanderlust, and iWork is my setup.

I am a Computer Science student. The fact that it has the usability of Windows and has Unix in the background is great. Vim + GCC for autistic level coding is strong with this one.

I realized that a fully upgraded Air has the same specs as the stock Pro at the same price, the only difference is the weight and no DVD drive. I have an external DVD drive so I'm good.

I mainly got it so I can do development on open source software, and so i could test compile on OS X.

Worth it 100%.
>>
Going to uni in 2 weeks, should I get a Macbook or a normal Windows laptop?
>>
2015 Macbook Pro 13 here. I really like it, even if I managed to fuck up and get a scratch on it, right above the webcam, as well as a little scuff from dropping it from 4 feet on tile.

Still, it works amazingly well and hasn't really given me any problems. I'll probably sell it and my gaming rig to buy the new Pro when it comes out.
>>
>>56389983
Been trying to grab a Mac OS based system just for some writing/presentations/work things, but haven't been able to find any hardware locally. Would've tried it on my local Core 13 3227U laptop I'm posting from but I don't want the whole disk wiped out with the probability of MacOS Acting like a shit.
>>
>>56389983
I had the 12" macbook for a week, and I returned it for the 13" pro.

The keyboard was alright, but since I'm doing a lot of typing I wanted a better one, and I couldn't get used to it, even after a week. The one port was a pain in the ass as well, and the webcam was a joke.

Those are really my only complaints. The speed wasn't a problem at all, it flew through everything I needed to do very easily. The screen was beautiful, the touchpad was immaculate, and the speakers were unbelievable, legit best speakers on a laptop I've ever heard. If you want a ultra portable laptop for just basic web browsing and word processing, and you've tried the keyboard and like it, and the single port doesn't bother you, it's your best bet. The thing is just so damn thin and light, and the speed is not nearly as much a problem as everyone makes it out to be. I had the base model btw.

I have zero complaints with the pro so far.
>>
>>56389983
Macbook Pro logic board failure? Possibly?

Hi there, I will give you a breakdown of my symptoms on my Mid 2012 Macbook pro 2.5 GHz A1278

1) Computer gradually started to freeze for ~5minutes with the beachball spinning, then let me work for a few minutes, then freeze again

2) Computer would boot up really really slow off of any hard drive

3) Suddenly one day the computer would not see my internal hard drive but could see it via the USB port (I replaced the flex cable so I am pretty sure thats not the problem)

4) I ran a hardware test on it using the service you get by holding down "d" on startup (the extended version) and everything came back okay

5) I bought a new hard drive so I know that is not the issue

Can anyone provide any insight? Thank you everyone for your time
>>
>>56389983
MacBook Retina can't find USB hard disk when it is plugged in again

Hi everyone,

I have one of the 2015 MacBook Retina machines and a WD Elements USB3 hard disk that I use as a Time Machine backup when travelling. The disk is plugged into the USB-C through one of the Apple dongles and when I first boot the machine, the USB drive is mounted and appears on the Desktop. It does everything just fine.

When I want to take the machine away, I eject the disk, wait for the safe message and then physically unplug the drive. However, when I come back and plug in the drive again, the Mac doesn't see it. Power is going to the drive as the light comes on and I can hear it spinning. It just doesn't mount and is completely invisible to MacOS.

I've checked all the connections, even used another dongle - no luck. Logging out doesn't fix it, and I've tried resetting the NVRAM. So far the only fix is to reboot the Mac whereupon the drive reappears - at least until I need to unplug it again.

Anyone got any ideas what is going on and if there is a fix?
>>
>>56389983
I have a quite serious problem with my new MacBook. In the last few months it went in kernel panic four or more times (I don't exactly remember how many) and I've saved detailed logs for three of them. All of the logs are exactly the same (except, obviously, for the memory addresses). Today it happened again and so, i decided to ask here, hoping someone will help me.

When a kernel panic occurs, on the screen appears a blinking folder with a question mark.

Anonymous UUID: C434E3CF-F5F7-3405-55D3-42021F8E13B1

Wed Aug 31 23:31:48 2016

*** Panic Report ***
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff7f927a2b7c): "InitializeNVMe error = 0xE00002D7\n"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IONVMeFamily/IONVMeFamily-120.50.2/AppleNVMeController.cpp:250
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address
0xffffff811b9cbdb0 : 0xffffff80114dab52
0xffffff811b9cbe30 : 0xffffff7f927a2b7c
0xffffff811b9cbe60 : 0xffffff8011aa1b1c
0xffffff811b9cbee0 : 0xffffff8011a9b159
0xffffff811b9cbf00 : 0xffffff801150f2da
0xffffff811b9cbfb0 : 0xffffff80115c9117
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.iokit.IONVMeFamily(1.2)[9468CCDF-AD0E-301C-8225-CDB081651AB8]@0xffffff7f927a1000->0xffffff7f927c3fff
dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleMobileFileIntegrity(1.0.5)[D330951F-27FC-3A94-94A6-2AD7850E9C3C]@0xffffff7f92048000
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[F51AA3D6-EC2F-3AD3-A043-06DB79027AA2]@0xffffff7f91d2c000
dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleEFINVRAM(2.0)[DFA558FE-59F9-32AA-8C3A-82BD65ECC094]@0xffffff7f92797000
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily(2.1)[DC1AAB7C-F417-3238-BB3F-2A5B84D67B90]@0xffffff7f91c4c000
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOReportFamily(31)[C89107EE-2DF2-3BC3-9F6D-3133D43ED7EF]@0xffffff7f9271a000
>>
>>56389983
Macbook 2016 HDMI output flickering

I have both MacBook 2015 and MacBook 2016,

and I've purchased the original Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.

I've loaded both MacBooks with genuine copies of Windows 10 Pro with bootcamp, partition cut into half between Mac OS and Windows 10.

The new MacBook 2016, while doing screen cloning using the Multiport Adapter under Windows 10,

the output always flickers, and the pattern is always consistent:

1.) Waking up from sleep, always flickers once;

2.) And then will at least flickers 2-3 times more;

It doesn't happen with the MacBook 2015,

is this is hardware design flaw of the new MacBook 2016?? Or is it a software (driver) issue?

All drivers are being updated to the latest.
>>
>>56389983
My MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015, Processor 1,2 GHz Intel Core M on OS X Yosemite) is not charging when plugged in to power.

Have tried unplugging, restarting and shutting down.
>>
>>56389983
New MacBook only getting 5 hours of battery life

Hello all,

Just purchased this MacBook last week and it seems I am not getting the advertised battery life. I have my wifi and bluetooth turned on with display brightness at about half. The backlight for the keyboard is not on and all I am doing is basic word processing/web browsing on safari (no video streaming). I am also listening to music through spotify connected through my bluetooth headphones. Why am I only getting 5 hours of battery life? I do not believe there are any other background processes that would be running, especially since I just got it and there are almost no third party applications installed.
>>
>>56389983
12" macbook strange sleep behaviour every 2 hours

I have a new 12" Macbook. Looking at the console logs, I noticed that, after it enters standby (hibernate) mode, it wakes up exactly every 2 hours from then on. Reads the sleep image, and then pretty much goes straight back into standby sleep. Every time it wakes, the log shows "wake reason: ?", which doesn't help much! Not sure if this is intended behaviour on the Macbook. A Macbook Pro with identical software stays in standby mode forever until woken. This is when running on battery, and I don't have Power Nap on.

Can anyone verify similar behaviour? Thanks...
>>
>>56389983
I just bought a new Macbook. It cannot find any bluetooth devices. The device is fully charged and on. It saw the mouse for a split second, but then dropped it. I tried other bluetooth devices. It cannot find any.
>>
>>56392796
My New macbook is 6 months old (Feb'16) - from day 1 when I open the screen (usually when I have been in transit) I get a blank screen, no response from the mousepad, can't power off or on - it can be like this from minutes to hours and then it just will come good again. (Power levels are never a problem)

I have taken to the genius bar - the problem didn't present itself when I was there (and I have no idea what triggers it) - they ran tests and said there was nothing wrong with it.

If anyone else has/ had this problem - all help appreciated.
>>
>>56391625
I've had my new Macbook for about a month. I have noticed an issue where the screen goes to sleep and the trackpad has no feedback at random times. I do everything I can to try to get it to turn back on, but nothing I do seems to wake it back up. Then it suddenly just comes back to life after random periods of time. I read somewhere that it might be a thermal cutoff, but I am not doing processor intensive tasks when it happens. Anyone else have issues like this?
>>
>>56391224
My MacBook (MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015) wifi connection drops off randomly, often every 10 -15 minutes. This doesn't happen with my MacBook air or iPhones on the the same network connection. I can only get around this by turning wifi off and on again or by using "Network Diagnosis". “Wireless Diagnosis" says: "the following nearby networks conflicts with your current country code (DE)" but I do not have access/contact to that owner. Has been like this January and still a problem after latest updates. Quite annoying - any ideas ?
>>
>>56389983
The worst MAC I have ever owned

So I am the not very happy owner of a 2015 Macbook. Love the display, and the light weight. It is a wonderful machine for traveling, and I have much less eye strain with the retina display. But that is about where the compliments end.

I have had tons of issues with trying to get the continuity features to work. They were no problem on my previous MAC, a Macbook Air, but on the Macbook, not so good. I can send a receive texts, which is good, but no luck making or answering phone calls, Airdrop does not work, FaceTime sort of works, but looses connections, so I need to use my iPad. Facebook is amazingly slow.

I also noticed that even though "wake for network access" is disabled, the machine uses about 20% of its battery life while it is sleeping overnight. What on earth is using all that power? Oh, I have let it sleep with Safari closed, and it still used up 20% or so of its power. As a result, battery life is not very good, certainly no where near what Apple predicts.

Oh, the other issue is that I have to reboot almost every time I connect a USB device in order for the device to be recognized. If I just plug a device in (scanner, external hard drive, CD/DVD drive, the machine does not see it until after a reboot.

I would love to know what on earth is going on with this thing. It's been one problem after another since I purchased it. Unfortunately, I bough it while living in Russia, and could not take it back for support because it was my only machine, and could not be left for service. Also, I don't speak Russian, which would have been a problem.

So at this point, I am back in the states, and have purchased a 2011 Mac Mini, which is now my go-to machine. Should be a slug compared to the Macbook, but it does what is is supposed to do.

If anyone has any ideas on any of these issues, I would love to hear from you. I have tried a clean rebuild of OS X, but nothing changed.
>>
>>56391208
I purchased one of the new 12" MacBooks for travel 2 months ago, but as of this morning the internal keyboard has stopped working. I am travelling through Asia for the next four months, and after taking it to an authorised repairer in Vietnam, I was told it would take 2 weeks to inspect it and do what's necessary. This is not possible as I am constantly on the move and cannot wait for repairs.

Does anyone know what could have happened or a possible fix?

The laptop has been kept in a foam case purchased through the Apple website and has not been exposed to anything at all.
>>
>>56391163
My MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2016) very hot

Wondering if anyone else experienced this. MacBook on all day at work plugged in working fine, tethered to iPhone 5. I don't turn it off because as usual it's on again after an hour at home. Just opened the lid and nothing happened - dead, very, very hot MacBook. It's in an incase cover which I removed, and after waiting 10 minutes and holding down the power button for 10 seconds it has started up again.

I have a 2012 MacBook Air that was always in an incase and never had this problem before - is it because of the cover, or is something else wrong?
>>
>>56391071
Third time that my Mac doesn't boot, not even to Safe Mode

So, yello. This problem of mine has happened for the third time so far, and it's becoming a bit of an annoyance.

Here's how it is. When I try booting the computer up, it would show the apple logo and the loading bar. It goes a bit slower than usual until it hits around 2/3 of the way. It stops, and later it loads the rest very, very slowly. When it fills the bar in like 20 minutes, it just stays there, and later shuts down.

I've tried booting up Safe Mode, but holding the keys down won't do a thing. When I load Recovery mode, Disk Utility just hangs; so I used Internet Recovery mode, and I was able to load Disk Utility. It verifies that the disk partition needs repair, but repairing from there doesn't work.

What I'm trying to do now is the same thing as the past couple of times, restore a Time Machine backup to the Macbook (which I thankfully have). But now I have a problem with that. I can't even start the restoration process. In the regular Recovery mode, it hangs when loading backups. In Internet Recovery mode, it doesn't show the disk partition I need (which hasn't happened before). Another weird thing that's happening is that when I randomly decided to check Disk Utility & verify the partition, it was giving me different details when verifying, but a few minutes later, it halts, & gives the same error as before.

I'd greatly appreciate some help here. I hope somebody can help me get this out of the way.

I have a Macbook that has 2 partitions on the disk, one is running on the latest version of Yosemite, and the other is a Boot Camp partition on Windows 10 (this is why I'm hesitant of trying to erase the macOS partition in Disk Utility, because I don't want to mess up this partition). Thanks in advance.
>>
>>56391049
Onboard Keyboard stopped working after cleaning with wet wipe

i was cleaning my keyboard with a wet wipe, when I noticed that it was from a new container and a little more wet than normal, so I stopped using them and closed the computer up. When I booted the computer the next day, the keyboard didn't work. The Power key and the trackpad work fine. The computer works fine, but the keyboard itself is not responding.

I went to Input Sources under the Keyboard icon on System Preferences and it wasn't receiving the keyboard input.

Can the keyboard on the MacBook be replaced for a reasonable rate? Is it possible that there's a cheaper part that can be replaced?

I've had the computer less than a year, but I don't think the problem would be covered by Warranty.
>>
>>56390047
macbook is stuck at 100% booting

I have a 2015 brand new macbook (gold), and I am having a problem to boot up. it takes very slow to load, when the process bar is exactly at 100% (it finish loading), it just freeze, nothing happen, no login page. I have tried many ways online, I cannot access the recovery HD and It doesn't work for my macbook , Hope someone can help me with this. Many thanks !!!
>>
I would never EVER be able to get over the fucking keyboard.

But I really really want the display though.
>>
>>56391071
>Apple on the same level as Panasonic, Getac, and Dell.
No.
>>
>>56393158
>i want a shitty display 2% higher res than 1080p
>>
>>56390047
Video editing will be shit.

Video watching will work fine. Don't confuse encoding with decoding.
>>
>>56393190
Kernel Panic on my MacBook 12 inch (early 2015)

Hi!

I have bought the new MacBook 12 inch (early 2015) at a retailer in France in October 2015.

After less than a month, I couldn't turn it on so I brought it to an Apple Store after a very long time waiting but they told me to get a new one from the retailer, and I did.

But now, my MacBook keeps having Kernel Panics over and over again, most of the times, it doesn't even turn on even though the trackpad works. When it turns on, I can't even boot it because it lasts only 30 seconds untill it freezes...

I have tried many things I looked up online but nothing works... I am going to bring it to an Apple Store again but it's far away from where I live and I was wondering if they could fix it right away. I am also going to move to Canada in less than 2 weeks so I don't know how to do, it's really urgent for me to have an access to a computer.

I am really worried about the quality of this MacBook and feel like I have wasted my money, does anyone have the same problem?
>>
>>56393181
MacBook rattle - loose battery?

Hi all,

Try this: open your rMB and shake it fairly vigorously left and right, horizontally. Hear a sound like an object knocking against the casing? Quite a large object?

Mine does this, and so do two others that I tested in an Apple Store, so it's clearly quite common, if not ubiquitous. The funny thing is that sometimes it doesn't do it at all – most of the time it does, though.

I'm assuming it's the battery, but anyone got any thoughts? Anyone definitely NOT getting any rattle at all?
>>
File: 84WCeGJ.jpg (37KB, 456x600px) Image search: [Google]
84WCeGJ.jpg
37KB, 456x600px
What the shit is happening in this thread?
>>
Had a Macbook Air 13" 2010 model for 6 years now. It just werks.

Only maintenance I've had to do was a battery swap a few years ago because the battery had been through like 1700+ cycles. Bought the battery and screwdrivers online, international delivery + import taxes still came in less than taking it in to have it done at an Apple store.

If this laptop ever dies (touch wood) and it becomes uneconomic to repair it then I would probably consider moving to Linux because it's still difficult to justify the cost. That said, 6+ years is a solid lifespan and pretty OK value for money when you break it down.
>>
>>56393246
Exactly what OP asked for?
>>
Is someone going to a support forum and copy pasting questions or something? Just to make the macbook look bad?

If so, that's stupid. Every piece of technology has its defective units and problems, yes, but Apple undoubtedly has less than any other company I've ever dealt with, and I've owned laptops from HP, Compaq, and Dell. All were far shittier than the macbook pro I have now.
>>
>>56393246
MacBook 2015 keyboard issues

The right side shift key on my Mac book 12 inch doesn’t seem to work i.e. it doesn't do caps, etc. when pressed. Is anyone else experienced this problem?
>>
I'm waiting for the new 2016 rMBP. I'm concerned they'll 1:1 the Macbook keyboard into the Pro, though. I might be OK with butterfly switches if they have decent travel, but the one on the Macbook is atrocious.

If they have the same no travel keyboard in the Pro, I'm very likely to just buy the 2015 model at a discount, because I'm 100% positive I'll never get used to those keys. Even testing it out for 3 minutes at an Apple store made my fingers feel like I'd been typing for an hour
>>
>>56393289
If they do that I'll be so pissed. The keyboard is the main thing that turned me off from the 12"
>>
>>56393256
Overnight, every night, my 12" MacBook reboots after crashing While in sleep mode. Occasionally, I hear it reboot. But, without failure, when I lift the lid of the Mac I will have a crash report message and opportunity to report it to Apple.

The only other oddity with this Mac is that it forgets it has a Facetime camera. I'll have to reopen the app three or four times before it recognizes the problem.

does anyone have have an idea?
>>
>>56393262
Sleep Issues, Kernel Panics - MacBook Retina 12" Early 2016

I've had a fairly unfortunate experience with the new MacBook so far where, within only a few weeks, I am already on my third replacement:

Faulty keyboard - the 'b' key didn't work (replaced by genius apt)
Complete logic board failure - Woke computer from sleep where it directly kernel panicked and would not start again (replaced by genus apt)
Currently on my third replacement

My current MacBook has been for the most part fine (and a truly wonderful computer in a wonderful form factor), but I have noticed that three time in the last week, I would put my computer to sleep, put it in the case and go to the studio or home. I would find my MacBook hours later piping hot inside the case, unresponsive, and an essentially drained battery.

Soon after, the kernel panic screen would appear and the computer would reboot. Upon rebooting, everything would be laggy and slow, and impossible to enter my password. It would require another reboot to be able to get back into a usable state.

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing any similar issues? It is quite frustrating not only to lose my entire workspace like this, but potentially problematic if I sleep the computer with any open/unsaved files.

I am on El Capitan 10.11.5

I can see in my console, when I closed the MacBook lid and slept it in the case, a massive list of console messages from 7pm until I opened the lid this morning. There seems to be some sort of cycle where I can see:

8/1/16 7:42:21.000 PM kernel[0]: ARPT: 88753.269871: IOPMPowerSource Information: onSleep, SleepType: Deep Idle, 'ExternalConnected': No, 'TimeRemaining': 322,

8/1/16 7:42:33.000 PM kernel[0]: Reverting sleep with relative wake

8/1/16 7:42:33.000 PM kernel[0]: RTC: Alarm 2016/8/1 23:42:28, sleep 2016/8/1 23:42:27

8/1/16 7:42:33.000 PM kernel[0]: Previous sleep cause: 5
>>
>>56393262
Since some days ago, when I turn on my MacBook of 12 inches, I listen the sound of the computer as is turn on, but the screen it's black. If I close the laptop and open it, then the screen turns on OK.

Later, sometimes I'm doing something like programming, or navigating in internet, and again the screen turns off, and i need to close and open the laptop to recover the screen.

What could be the problem? and how can i solve it? The computer have less than a year.
>>
>>56393280
>>56393246
It's some guy who goes to applel threads and either posts a copypasta, then replies to every on topic post with a link to it until he gets banned for 3 days, or just throws insults instead of explaining why people shouldn't do x with apple.
I suspect he was also the same guy forcing that shitty mspaint meme earlier this year.

To answer OP's question, It's okay if what you're looking for is something really light and thin that isn't crippled with a tablet OS, and don't mind having ONE port for some retarded reason. I'd use it in the same way I'd use a tablet, but I'd use a different laptop for actual work.
>>
>>56393280
Error 36 and Videos

ONLY when I try to transfer a video file from an external drive OR flash drive OR SD Card, I get error 36. I have found a lot of suggestions regarding DOT clean and formatting etc. None of them work. How do I fix this, I do video editing and this just popped up out of nowhere and this is killing me?

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP91.00D3.B0D
SMC Version (system): 2.1f175

>>
>>56393289
Letter on keyboard not working properly

One on my letter keys - the d - has become difficult to press. It has practically zero bounce and must be pressed harder than other keys in order for it to work. It doesn't make the same clicking noise and doesn't have the same feel.

This is a Macbook 12" - 1 month old.

Anyone else had a problem like this?
>>
>>56393301
While using my MacBook, I noticed the keyboard backlight began to flicker before my computer abruptly shut down. It has been charging for a day (just in case it was a power issue), but it still won't turn on. While I have already scheduled an appointment at the Genius Bar, I wanted to know if people have any suggestions on what to do or if you think it's an electrical issue? Thank you!
>>
>>56393347
My laptop the new 12' macbook with OS X El Capitan installed keeps freezing after sleeping for a while these days.

I just leave it on for 10-15 mins and it goes to sleep after that no matter what I do it never wakes up I have to manually turn it off many times and turn it back on. Sometimes it comes with a black screen and red lines. This never happened to me before. Anyone ever experienced that before? Can you let me know how it was fixed?
>>
>>56393347
MacBook12"spacebarproblem

Myspacebarisfaulty,Thedoesnotrespondatalledgerespondsonlywhenpushinghard.IsthereawaytofixthisorshouldIjustsenditforrepair?Iunboxedthebrandnewcomputertwodaysago.
>>
>>56393347
My Spring 2015 MacBook is Getting Hot for no apparent reason causing the Battery to Drain Fast. Even when it has been sitting open without being used I'll pick it up and it has been hot.
>>
>>56389983
Apple's Premium Reseller Discrimination Problem

Dear Apple and Apple Community Members,

I wanna write you about a problem I encountered 2 days ago with a Apple's Premium Certified Reseller dealer situated in the city of Sofia/Bulgaria. It's about a MacBook Retina 2015 standard configuration model. I'm an Apple user, I have an iPhone 5S that I completely love and I love Apple and it's products.

So a week ago I decided to buy my FIRST MacBook ever and I saw a good discount deal from the Apple's Premium Certified Reseller "iStyle Bulgaria". It's about a MacBook Retina 2015 standard configuration for 1999 BGN which is 1127 USD brand new. So I decided to have a closer look at the deal and turns out that the price 1999 BGN (1127 USD) is only for the SILVER version of the device. If I wanna buy the GOLD or the SPACE GRAY MacBook with THE SAME hardware configuration I have to pay 2349 BGN which is 1324 USD. The prices are tax included.

Well I don't remember ever Apple charging additional money from it's customers for the luxury of choosing their preferred device color. This option is the final touch for your experience as a Mac user and I think Apple loves it's customers and that's why they offer us the new colors as an act of customization and personalization of your MacBook FOR FREE. So that's why I asked iStyle why there is this price difference. They replied me with very mean and bad comments about my question and basically said to me that THIS is the DEAL, they are the Premium Certified Apple Reseller and they can put any price they want for any Apple product they sell. Also they told me that I don't have the word to comment their offers and deals and basically to **** off.
>>
>>56393534
That offended me very much because if I want an Apple product which for me is a symbol of quality and personalization no one should charge me additional money for a color different than SILVER of my new MacBook. I even take this as an act of discrimination because Apple puts different colors as a finishing touch for it's customers to choose from for free. But here with this CERTIFIED APPLE PREMIUM RESELLER I have this: "Oh, you like the SILVER color, great - this is price is for you; You like the GOLD or SPACE GRAY color - you have to pay MORE." I've never seen anything like this before. That's unbelievable.

So basically I decided NOT TO BUY the MacBook and now I'm waiting for a better deal.

That's why I'm asking have you experienced something like that before? And how can I inform Apple about that issue? I know that no one will take this seriously but never the less I want to inform them as a loyal Apple user.

Here's a link to the iStyle store and the deal: https://www.istyle.eu/bg/mac/macbook.html

The deal is open till the 7th of August.

Thank you so much for your time, appreciate it!
>>
>>56393550
>Retard doesn't understand how supply, demand, and mass production work
>Blame apple
>>
>>56393558
i have an mid 2015 MacBook 12" and I am running across some problems with the screen. I will be watching a video on YouTube or Netflix and all of a sudden the screen will glitch out and forcing me to hard reset the computer. Its only happened a couple of times but it happened today and I can no longer turn on my computer. I just went past my apple care warranty and I need to know if I am screwed or I will be able to get if fixed for a reasonable price? Has anyone had this problem happen to them?
>>
>>56393564
I have just purchased a new 2016 Macbook 12" and am having an issue charging it through the VGA adapter.

I purchased a USB charger (30w) and usb - usb-c cables. It charges fine when connected direct to the macbook but not through the adapter. I am unsure if this is because I am using the USB-USB-c cable and will try the stock charger tonight when I get home.

Are there any limitations with USB- USB-c cables that I may have missed?
>>
>>56389983
My Macbook retina 12 inch (2016) turn off automatically when I lift it up by holding the upper edge (where the webcam is located) and it turns on again when i repeat the same. please help!
>>
>>56389983
Was given a MBP 15" for work. It's nothing incredibly special, and I certainly wouldn't spend the money on it, but it hasn't burned me. I absolutely hate the infantile hand-holding GUI, but that's the worst of my complains.
>>
Daily reminder that Acer made a cheaper version of this with double the ports and a better keyboard.
>>
>>56394974
link?
>>
>>56389983
Literally permanently throttled to half performance because Apple is a fucking joke.
>>
>>56392804
>>56392825
>>56392839
>>56392851
>>56392907
>>56392921
>>56392940
>>56392958
>>56392984
>>56393001
>>56393017
>>56393033
>>56393055
>>56393073
>>56393090
>>56393106
>>56393119

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

MODS, this dude has been spamming the same shit in all the apple threads, can you please ban his fucking IP?
This is legit spam.
>>
>>56395687
>on topic posts are spam

Fuck off shill.
>>
>>56395735
MODS, please.
>>
>>56391208
No. Chances are you won't need it. Study a few months and think about what you'd need. Chances are you only need a cheap tablet to display PDFs because you're too lazy to print them out.
>>
>>56395813
>my shill thread for my throttling piece of shit backfired m-m-moooooom!!!

Fuck off.
>>
>>56395958
Can't you fap to mlp and fall asleep already?
>>
>>56396035
Can't you poo in the fucking loo already?
>>
>>56390047
>>56390901
The thing is, Final Cut is optimized to run well even on shitty computers. I edit video as a hobby, so I bought the retina Macbook Pro with a nVidia GPU, so that it's very fast, but the Macbook 12" worked in a pinch when I had it. The reason it works fine is because Final Cut has background rendering. While you're doing other tasks, it converts all the footage to Apple ProRes, which isn't CPU or GPU intensive to play. While you're doing other edits, it's rendering the stuff you've already done. It's extremely intensive and will heat up the machine very quickly but chances are it will only be needed a little bit at a time. (unless you're a very fast editor)
>>56391049
The power bank thing is kind of a meme- you need to find a power bank that can push 3.1 amps of power out of it. They exist, but are mainly high end Anker batteries.
>>56391208
Get a used retina macbook. You really won't be able to go back to anything else afterwards. Don't try playing games on it, and if you need windows, use parallels or vmware.
>>56393158
You really will. It's really good after about a week of use, mainly because you can just mash keys. Feels around on the same level as an ALPS switch once you're used to it.
>>56393181
It's 2k. That's not 2%
>>56393748
You actually hit the nail on the head on why it's good. There's really nothing that offensive about the machine. It just runs. The gui could be improved for power users, but for most people it just gets the job done.
>>56395735
They're not, you're copypastaing random shit from apple forums. These aren't your complaints. You're just being a shit.
>>56395813
THIS
>>
>>56396557
>t. Pajeet.
>>
>>56395734
He has Asperger's syndrome, and I don't mean in a 4chan-joke kind of way, he actually does. Not the normal kind either, he can't function at all in real life.
>>
>>56389983
CNET rated the MacBook 5th on its list of best laptops available.. spend you money better and quit wasting everyone's time

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-best-laptops-you-can-buy-right-now/
>>
>>56393245
its a widespread problem on 2015 mbp's and its not the battery

it's the plastic lightspreader in the screen that kind of becomes loose under thermal expansion/contraction
>>
>>56397346
Just keep the macbook on and never shut it off. That way it's always sitting at 100 degrees celcius so it's always expanded and fills to space, eliminating the rattling.
>>
>>56392804
>>56392804
Check the SATA Cable,
I had a similar problem with the original HDD on this same laptop.

New Sata Cable + Intel SSD 500gb and my mac is better than ever
>>
File: 1442221232428.jpg (84KB, 907x661px) Image search: [Google]
1442221232428.jpg
84KB, 907x661px
>>56397368
>>
>>56389983
XPS 13, you dumbfuck.
>>
>>56395687
>>56395734
It's consumer awareness cuck.

Just because you want to put your head in the sand when it comes to apple computers, most of us want to and already know the real deal.
>>
Sister had to buy one for school.
$1400 for a fucking 13" MacBook with no optical drive, and a 128GB SSD. Going from 128 to 256 costs $200 more. $200 for 128 GB of storage are you kidding me?
This fucking company might be doing well, but HOLY FUCKING SHIT is every person who owns this computer getting ripped off. "Oh we need it for music and art". You need it to look good at Starbucks.

Yeah yeah are you poor and all that, but I built my own PC, bought 2 tables, 2 monitors and mounted them, mech kB, mouse, large mouse pad, and office chair for the price of ONE FUCKING LOW STORAGE MACBOOK.
Clearly this isn't going to be taken seriously, but fuck Apple, and fuck their brainless consumers.
And if you're reading this all the way down to the end of my post. FUCK you too.
>>
>>56398421
Yeah, but don't it keep value if kept in good condition? I kinda view it as a security deposit.

I'm mad because two of my laptops dropped value like a rock after three years and they're nearly mint condition.
>>
>>56389983
Have had it around 2 weeks now. Fucking amazing. Completely quiet, El Capitan is master race OS. Trackpad perfect, keyboard near perfect. No complaints OP.
>>
>>56398459
>Yeah, but don't it keep value if kept in good condition? I kinda view it as a security deposit.
That's a really stupid way to go about it and if you know basic math, you know you're still gettting ripped the fuck off.

$1200 Macbook in 3 years = $600 - $600 loss
$750 XPS 13 in 3 years = $300 - $450 loss
You're still worse off getting a Mac even if it doesn't depreciate as hard.
>>
>>56398459
So then why don't you get something more powerful, for less of the cost, enjoy it to the fullest, and not have to treat it like the 'man whose bones were made of glass'

And it just blows my mind that people can be so dedicated to a product that they just say "Fuck it" and pay more for less.
I would rather pay for that huge ass gaymur laptop with two 1080s, then pay for a MacBook. At least there's functionality in the expensive massive ass laptop with 32GB of RAM.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.