[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The End of The Internet as We Know It.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1365029589920.png (166KB, 417x467px) Image search: [Google]
1365029589920.png
166KB, 417x467px
As you may or may not know, Obama is handing over the keys to the internet to the U.N. on October 1st, 2016

The U.N. has been suppressing public speech in the EU/UK forever now, so Google is taking a preventative measure so they don't get sued when that transition happens.

Free speech on the internet is at it's end. It's pretty much done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv1Wo9Eg40k
>>
The DNS Server that controls the entire internet (Everything with a .com at the end, or .org. Like 4chan.org) was controlled by the United States.

On October 1st, they relinquish control of the DNS protocol to all the foreign bureacracies of the world.

The practical effect on this is that it means other countries besides the United States can take down websites without having to go to the U.S. beforehand, which has had a history of protecting its First Amendment rights.

If the U.N. wants to take down a website for hate speech, they can do so now without any intervention by the U.S. This also means all websites that exist within DNS (this means 4chan.org) must answer to the laws of ALL countries, not just one.

Doesn't matter where in the world your website/server is anymore, you must respect the laws of all countries or be taken down.

Since the U.N. bans hate speech, that's out the window.

Is this the end of 4chan??
>>
>Obama is handing over the keys to the internet to the U.N. on October 1st, 2016

No, he's handing them over to ICANN. ICANN does not have to become a vassal of the U.N, and we can easily give them an antitrust exemption without requiring government oversight. It would take only one act of congress.
>>
>>56389853
>and we can easily give them an antitrust exemption without requiring government oversight. It would take only one act of congress.
Stay deluded bro
>>
>tfw 4chan is going to be kill
>>
I'm gonna start my own internet with blackjack and hookers
>>
>>56389907

Under what evidence can you suggest that ICANN would be forced to operate under U.N. oversight? The only argument I have heard suggesting this was a claim made by someone at the Wall Street Journal that they'd lose an antitrust exemption. Thus far, despite public fears being mirrored across multiple media organizations, ICANN has not made any claims that suggest that they would be seeking U.N. oversight. If it comes to be that the deal we have cut them will not come with an antitrust exemption, and they go through a process to seek U.N. oversight, it would nonetheless be possible for congress to intervene and give them an antitrust exemption on the condition that they operate independently, as was the original intention of letting them operate without government oversight.
>>
>>56389682
>>56389663

Does it matter? Wont this just make people learn the ip address? Learn to mod their host file?
>>
>>56389853
>only one act of congress
>>
>>56389853
>>56390188
Hi there! You seem to have made a mistake in your post, etc.
>>
Even if this happened -which it won't, it's not the UN-, it'd be a good thing for an actually international internet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_the_United_States
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.