[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here is a question, I have a decent PC and games take really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: totalwar_wh_trollswing_0[1].jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
totalwar_wh_trollswing_0[1].jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Here is a question,

I have a decent PC and games take really long time to load(several minutes) in the first five minutes after the boot, after the five minutes it takes several seconds to load the same thing.
>>
>>56385422
Buy an SSD.
>>
>>56385422
That is not a question but your issue is that windows is taking a long time to do stuff on the hard disk.

Either reinstall windows, that should help a bit or completely eliminate the problem by using an SSD, SSD really helps alot and will reduce you startup time to seconds.
>>
>>56385910
>That is not a question but your issue is that windows is taking a long time to do stuff on the hard disk.

A lot of things that run at startup could cause disk IO saturation, not necessarily windows (in fact likely not since the relevant parts of the OS will be in RAM by the time you get to interaction and paging would explain why the situation goes away after 5 minutes). Likely candidates are automatic backup software and and AV. Try disabling/uninstalling things that run at startup and see which of them changes the situation.
>>
>>56385943
You are right that it could be any program that causes it (I personally had some issue with Windows processes themselves e.g. the antivirus clogging up the disk usage) but if you really want a guaranteed permanent fix buying a SSD and reinstalling Windows on it is the way to go.
>>
>>56385997
>buy a piece of hardware to solve a issue caused by software
why bother if he can download Autoruns and figure out what causes the IO saturation
>>
>>56386047
>why bother if he can download Autoruns and figure out what causes the IO saturation
That's of course an option and worth a try but using an SSD for the OS is what definitely will solve the problem if everything else fails.
>>
>>56386047
Why even buy new hardware at all? Companies should optimise their software to run on anything, oh wait they don't give a shit. Honestly I don't see any improvement in games in the last 10 years, but they somehow require more resources to run.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.