[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dk2 OR CV1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: imgres.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
Is it worth to get a secondhand dk2 rift for almost an quarter of the consumer version price or has it been a useless buy since the release of the cv1?
>>
>falling for the VR meme
>>
>>56380010
I just like my vr pr0n man
>>
>>56380031
Then get the CV1, it's better in literally every single way.
>>
>>56380057
Yeah But I'll never lay day 700 euro's for it. I'm actually just asking if a dk2 for 250 is worth it
>>
>>56380090
I still use my dk2, but then I've not tried the final one to get jealous.
>>
>>56380211
So you're saying it's fine as long as you don't know better? I've only used a cardboard on my 720p abd was not blown away.
>>
Get the DK2

If you're going to get a consumer version of something it should be the Vive. Motion controls are the biggest game changer. Differences between CV1 and DK2 are minor in comparison. Biggest thing is comfort and the tracking and the latter is minor when all you're playing is gamepad and cockpit games. CV1 is actually worse in a couple ways, less FoV and the optics add terrible godray artifacts.
>>
>>56380759
Thanks for the advice, And yeah if I had to choose between cv1 and vive it would totally be the vive.
>>
>>56380815
Just make sure to have your DK2 camera at least 4 feet or so away from you. A lot of people mount it really close like on their monitor when the sweet spot is like 5-6 feet.
>>
>>56380869
Ah okay. Why is this?
>>
>>56380890
The field of view is pretty narrow so putting it further back puts more space in view to track. They expanded it much further for CV1. Not sure if they still have it with the new SDK but you used to be able to see the camera bounds in the test desk demo they had but I think they took it out. You can always install the older SDKs to try it though. Having a DK2 you should probably look up that SDK switcher so you can play older stuff like Alien Isolation which only runs on older SDKs without hacks.
>>
>>56380937
Allright thanks for the help man. I think I'll be getting it tomorrow
>>
What about OSVR? Anyone know if their HDK2 end up being good?
>>
>>56381114
I can't find anywhere to buy it outside of the US so I haven't really heard anything about it
>>
B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.