[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3D Printers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I feel like there was a massive hype train about 3D printers around a year ago but since then they've just seemed to fall off the radar.

Any /g/entoomenn own one? What do you print/have printed with them?
>>
I did want a peachy printer until the fraud.

It does seem like there hasn't been much innovation the last two years.
>>
>>56373340
Too fucking expensive.
They need to find a way to make a good opensource one that is cheap.
>inb4 the $300 diy one
I want it to be cheaper and better.

>>56374414
what happened that was fraudulent?
>>
>>56375480
>what happened that was fraudulent?
One guy built a house with the money.
>>
>>56375532
was it a go fund me bullshit?
>>
>>56373340
I got one. I use it to build parts for my robot. Just recently finished a pan tilt mechanism for the camera. It's a little 4 wheel rover controlled from an arduino mega, uses Bluetooth to talk to the control software on my laptop and it has a video transmitter from a drone to send the video. I can control it with an Xbox pad.
>>
I have one, not bad.
I design shit in 3D and print it.
>>
>>56376318
What kind do you have?
>>
I always felt like the 3d printer fad was because industry has all moved to china and people don't really know how things are made anymore/don't have widespread access to manufacturing equipment/expertise. So these printers seem really accessible to people.

But it's not really a fad if people are getting use out of them i suppose and i've seen some pretty cool things.
>>
Spent $1000 for a DIY printer and don't regret it. The only probably that I didn't realize before buying it, is the fact that you need to know 3D modeling (lol). I'm getting better at it though, I've designed a few objects and successfully printed them.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.